Dave Devine

Default Vincent's in Vienna Austria

I had posted a while back looking for restuarant recommendations in
Vienna. My friend and I settled on Vncent's
(http://www.restaurant-vincent.at/index_en.html). We were seated in the
room pictured on the website.

We had the 7 course taster's dinner (6 courses plus desert) served with
Austrian wines. I apologize in advance for my meager wine notes.

We had a Riesling sekt before dinner. I don't know the producer as this
was a special bottling for the restaurant.

The first course was a cold appetizer and included a jumbo prawn,
lobster and a pan seared scallop. Served with Brandl 2003 Riesling which
had a very nice peach note on the palate.

Second course was beef tartar, which was also paired with the Riesling.

Third course was a soup course - three small cups of soup: a lobster
bisque with a nice chunk of lobster, a turnip soup and an essence of
mushroom. I don't care for mushrooms, but the other two were very good.
Had the Riesling with this, as well.

Fourth course was venison goulash. With this we had a 2003 Grassl Rubin
Carnuntum, a cuvee of Zweigelt and Blaufränkish.

We then had a fish course of poached salmon over risotto in a sauce
which seemed to be a fish stock with a bit of cream and tomato. Back to
the Brandl for this one.

The main course was filet of beef. This was served with another special
bottling for the restaurant. It was cuvee of 50% Blaufränkisch, 30%
Cab Sav and 20% Shiraz

Desert was an orange soufle served with a Beerenauslese cuvee. I think
the producer was Klein, but am not very sure.

Again, I apologize for notes which are far from the standard usuallyl
seen here, but the dinner was very, very enjoyable and highly
recommended to anyone looking for a nice meal in Vienna.

--
There's a fine line between stupid and clever.