Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: half bottle of Chassagne rouge

Betsy made "crisp-braised duck legs with aromatic vegetables" (onion,
leek, garlic,etc) with some brown rice, I opened a 375 ml of the 2002
Jean-Noel Gagnard "Morgeot" Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru rouge.
Showing much better than last bottle. Floral/earthy nose, deep red
cherry fruit with a little plum and raspberry. Develops nicely in the
glass, with cocoa and spice notes mixing with the red fruit. Fruit is
quite round and ripe, yet the acids are pleasantly tangy. I'm sad this
is last half of this, though I think I have one full bottle. B+/A-

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> Betsy made "crisp-braised duck legs with aromatic vegetables" (onion,
> leek, garlic,etc) with some brown rice, I opened a 375 ml of the 2002
> Jean-Noel Gagnard "Morgeot" Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru rouge.
> Showing much better than last bottle. Floral/earthy nose, deep red
> cherry fruit with a little plum and raspberry. Develops nicely in the
> glass, with cocoa and spice notes mixing with the red fruit. Fruit is
> quite round and ripe, yet the acids are pleasantly tangy. I'm sad this
> is last half of this, though I think I have one full bottle. B+/A-

Recipe? We've got two organically raised ducks in the freezer just
begging for a new preparation method. Do you think that this wine was
fully ready? IF so, is that because it's in a half bottle?

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 28, 10:11�am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > Betsy made "crisp-braised duck legs with aromatic vegetables" (onion,
> > leek, garlic,etc) with some brown rice, I opened a 375 ml of the 2002
> > Jean-Noel Gagnard "Morgeot" Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru rouge.
> > Showing much better than last bottle. Floral/earthy nose, deep red
> > cherry fruit with a little plum and raspberry. Develops nicely in the
> > glass, with cocoa and spice notes mixing with the red fruit. Fruit is
> > quite round and ripe, yet the acids are pleasantly tangy. I'm sad this
> > is last half of this, though I think I have one full bottle. B+/A-

> Recipe? *We've got two organically raised ducks in the freezer just
> begging for a new preparation method. *Do you think that this wine was
> fully ready? *IF so, is that because it's in a half bottle?
>
> Mark Lipton

Found this, seems same
http://www.randomhouse.com/broadway/...rance/duck.php

I'd say that from the 375 it was just entering its maturity plateau- I
think of Chassagne rouge as relatively early drinkers. Sure it would
be fine for another 5. I probably will aim at my lone 750 somewhere
between 2009-2015.

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:

> Found this, seems same
> http://www.randomhouse.com/broadway/...rance/duck.php
>
> I'd say that from the 375 it was just entering its maturity plateau- I
> think of Chassagne rouge as relatively early drinkers. Sure it would
> be fine for another 5. I probably will aim at my lone 750 somewhere
> between 2009-2015.

Thanks, Dale, on both accounts.

Mark Lipton