Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What to do with the other half-bottle of peach nectar?

Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit
> Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
> http://www.kajikitscorner.com
> Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Mix it with some diet soda or even seltzer?

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

You could thicken it then use as an ice cream or desert topping. It
would be good in a peachy pork dish as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

We often have Kerns peach nectar around here, but this should be true
for any nectar.

If there should ever be any left (which seldom happens with a teen
son), I'll either make a (really-yummy) smoothie with it (using milk,
ice cream, and/or just yogurt) or a slushy with ice, or freeze what's
left in a paper cup or plastic ziptop bag for later.

Diane B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit
> Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
> http://www.kajikitscorner.com
> Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

You could probably use some of the nectar to make a peach vinaigrette salad
dressing, if you like that sort of thing (I do!). Unfortunately I don't
have any tried and true recipes for this, but you can find quite a few if
you Google "peach vinaigrette recipe".

I don't know how well peach nectar would freeze; maybe someone who's tried
that will come along and share their experience.

Karen (another one...)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Mix it with a jigger of peach schnapps and a jigger of vodka. Sit down
and drink it. You'll feel (wait for it...) peachy.

Pastorio
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
What should I do with the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to
waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

> ~Karen aka Kajikit

If I remember correctly, it was your husband who demanded that you not
drink it as intended initially but cook with it... I say drink it and
to hubby be da....

uh... sorry... Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peach nectar?

Not quite a Bellini, but tasty with peach schnapps and champagne. You can
also toss it in the blender with peaches - fresh or canned - and ice to
make it frozen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I would make a smoothie for breakfast tomorrow. Some vanilla or plain
yogurt, a banana, and the peach nectar, a couple ice cubes or slices of
frozen peaches (or other fruit of course) if you want it thicker. A
little wheat germsprinkled in adds some fiber.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 02 Feb 2006 01:20:43p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it pgluth1?

> Peach nectar?
>
> Not quite a Bellini, but tasty with peach schnapps and champagne. You can
> also toss it in the blender with peaches - fresh or canned - and ice to
> make it frozen.

Or you could simply make a peach smoothie.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit

Obviously, you should inform your favorite naked person that you're about to
pour it all over your body, and then, do it. Easy, yes? :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Make a smoothie...

Sharon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Make bellinis!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week...

Make a peach chicken martini!! kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen wrote:

> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Add a tiny bit of lime juice and enough club soda to thin it. Drink as is,
or add rum.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:46:16 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Why not cut it with some sparkling water?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2 Feb 2006 12:00:36 -0800, "kevnbro" > wrote:

>Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> What should I do with the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to
>waste it by letting
>> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

>> ~Karen aka Kajikit

> If I remember correctly, it was your husband who demanded that you not
>drink it as intended initially but cook with it... I say drink it and
>to hubby be da....
>
> uh... sorry... Kev

lol! We did end up drinking it... I didn't have any other chilled
juice yesterday so he had a glass with his dinner. That just about
polished off the bottle, and tonight I mixed some with apple juice. By
tomorrow night the rest will be gone because that was YUMMY!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 20:40:17 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> wrote:

>"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
>> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
>> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
>> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
>> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.
>>
>> --
>> ~Karen aka Kajikit

>Obviously, you should inform your favorite naked person that you're about to
>pour it all over your body, and then, do it. Easy, yes? :-)

Sounds waaaaaaaaaaaay too messy... I'll settle for drinking it!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:46:16 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:

>Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
>fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
>peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
>the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
>it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Freeze it. Then you have quite a while to think about what you're
going to do with it.

Jo Anne
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:46:16 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:

>Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
>fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
>peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
>the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
>it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

I like it half-and-half with sparkling water. Yum.

serene