Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: $4 for the half bottle- Falanghina

For meatless Monday, a delicious yellow dhal with tomatoes and spinach
and a salad with blue cheese dressing (Betsy accidently left grocery
bag on the floor and a certain Basset stole cheese, but luckily I had
my own stash of bleu d'auvergne).

2007 Feudi di San Gregorio Falanghina Sannio
(I'm not sure if Sannio is a place, cuvee name, or clone- it's on
backlabel but not front)
This was a whopping $4.15 for the half bottle. Seems to me to be very
typical Falanghina, floral with a distinct almondy note. Citrus,
peaches and green apple, a slightly oily note to the texture. Enough
acidity to keep it awake, not very long but at this price am I
complaining? B/B-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**