Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Prosecco

I am not knowledgeable in Proseccos and am looking for recommendations
of good ones as I am considering one for Thanksgiving along with the
usuals to offer more variety.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Bisol makes a couple of very good ones.
Zardetto is one of the most readily available Prosceccos, pretty good
and often on sale for good prices.
I've liked Astoria (cheap) and Mionetta. Nino Franco Rustico can be
very good, though I've experienced what I think are shipping/storage
issues on some.
HTH

Posted to alt.food.wine

Nino Franco 'Rustico' is very good, as Dale mentioned, and fairly
inexpensive too. Slightly dry, and very refreshing.

Another I've enjoyed is the Col Vetoraz Prosecco - this one may be a
tad more expensive than the Nino Franco, but it's a really great
quaffer; light, fruity and quite minerally. Not as dry as the other,
and a bit sweeter.

Salil

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article . com>,
"DaleW" > wrote:

> Bisol makes a couple of very good ones.
> Zardetto is one of the most readily available Prosceccos, pretty good
> and often on sale for good prices.
> I've liked Astoria (cheap) and Mionetta. Nino Franco Rustico can be
> very good, though I've experienced what I think are shipping/storage
> issues on some.
> HTH

Thanks all.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Salil wrote:

> Another I've enjoyed is the Col Vetoraz Prosecco - this one may be a
> tad more expensive than the Nino Franco, but it's a really great
> quaffer; light, fruity and quite minerally. Not as dry as the other,
> and a bit sweeter.

True, Col Vetoraz is a good product. Also Foss Marai produces some quality
prosecco.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to alt.food.wine

Ruggerio makes a nice one, but availability is spotty. Zardetto is
solid and easy to find. The New York Times had a prosecco roundup this
past summer, which listed some recommendations. I might have saved a
copy of it--will look for it later.

--
To email me, remove the invalid word in my address & change net to com.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
larkin1734 > wrote:

> Ruggerio makes a nice one, but availability is spotty. Zardetto is
> solid and easy to find. The New York Times had a prosecco roundup this
> past summer, which listed some recommendations. I might have saved a
> copy of it--will look for it later.

I just tried the Ruggerio last night that was shipped from Wine Library.
Quite nice and a good price. Good mousse and almost almond nose with
some lemon peel thrown in.

TN: MSR, satellite Bdx, and Prosecco DaleW Wine 8 19-10-2009 10:56 PM
TN: Prosecco and Chablis DaleW Wine 1 05-06-2009 12:28 AM
Prosecco, Barolo Bi!! Wine 2 27-01-2009 12:59 AM
Spumante or Prosecco Raymond Wine 19 28-12-2008 06:56 PM
Prosecco = 2 fermentations? Leo Bueno Wine 5 25-12-2004 05:30 PM