Rae

Default soy milk vs. real milk

I use organic 1 % lowfat milk. I have compared the fat and nutrients of the
soy milk and this milk. The only thing I see that the soy milk has that the
real milk doesn't is some B vitamins which i get with my supplements.

Question: Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
not opposed to dairy?

Thanks
Plug

"Rae" > wrote in message
>I use organic 1 % lowfat milk. I have compared the fat and nutrients of the
> soy milk and this milk. The only thing I see that the soy milk has that
> the
> real milk doesn't is some B vitamins which i get with my supplements.
>
> Question: Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
> not opposed to dairy?

Some people are dairy intolerant and find they can digest soya milk but not
cow's milk. Rice milk is another option. Dairy milk is thought to be
responsible for the overproduction of mucous and some people report a
bloated feeling in the stomach. Sheep's milk is easier to digest than cows'
but hard to obtain. My sister used to get it in dried form but the company
producing it told her they now send all they produce to Saudi Arabia. I
have cut down on my intake of dairy dramatically over the last five years
and I feel better for it.

Deb.
D.E.

"Rae" > schreef ..
>I use organic 1 % lowfat milk. I have compared the fat and nutrients of the
> soy milk and this milk. The only thing I see that the soy milk has that
> the
> real milk doesn't is some B vitamins which i get with my supplements.

I wonder what proteins are in real milk and soy milk.
The combination of them might be different.

> Question: Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
> not opposed to dairy?

Lactose intolerance?

> Thanks

D.E.

"Plug" > schreef in bericht

> "Rae" > wrote in message
>>I use organic 1 % lowfat milk. I have compared the fat and nutrients of
>>the soy milk and this milk....
>>
>> Question: Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they
>> are not opposed to dairy?
>>

> Some people are dairy intolerant and find they can digest soya milk but
> not cow's milk.

And real milk might contain antibiotix etc.

> Deb.

Vicky Conlan

According to >:
>Question: Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
>not opposed to dairy?

It depends on what you mean by 'opposed to dairy'. If nothing
else, how about the hormones ('n'stuff) that they routinely
pump into dairy cows?

--
Caption Competition: http://sig.comps.org/caption/

John Manning

In article >, Rae
> wrote:

> Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
> not opposed to dairy?

Hormones and antibiotics are present in most dairy products, as is
cholesterol.

--
-John
http://electronworks.com/recipes/
Viviane

John Manning wrote:
> In article >, Rae
> > wrote:
>
> > Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
> > not opposed to dairy?

> Hormones and antibiotics are present in most dairy products, as is
> cholesterol.

Yeah, better go with the organic stuff when you buy dairy (milk,
cheese, yogourt, etc.)

Viviane
D.E.

"Vicky Conlan" > schreef in bericht
> According to >:
>>Question: Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
>>not opposed to dairy?

> It depends on what you mean by 'opposed to dairy'. If nothing
> else, how about the hormones ('n'stuff) that they routinely
> pump into dairy cows?

Residues of antibiotics, or germs of infections.
But then, there is also gen altered soyabeans
that can resist the toxins but that means that toxins
can get into the beans, etc etc etc.

They make food into a mess.
D.E.

"John Manning" > schreef in bericht
news:130920051143571003%jgmanning@mindsEXCESSpring .com...
> In article >, Rae
> > wrote:
>
>> Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
>> not opposed to dairy?

> Hormones and antibiotics are present in most dairy products, as is
> cholesterol.

You could use not fat milk or other dairy products,
But that wouldn`t stop the hormones and antibiotic residues.
It would stop the cholesterol.
Bob Smith

Ok surely most of the objections to dairy milk are solved by drinking
Skimmed (very low fat) Organic milk (readily available in the UK)?

"Rae" > wrote ...
>I use organic 1 % lowfat milk. I have compared the fat and nutrients of the
> soy milk and this milk. The only thing I see that the soy milk has that
> the real milk doesn't is some B vitamins which i get with my supplements.
>
> Question: Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
> not opposed to dairy?

Don Quinoa

Why use soya or rice or oat or nut or grain or hemp milk instead of
Cow's milk.

1) Because cows milk is for baby cow's to help them grow into the size
of a shed in a matter of weeks. That means different ratios of calcium
and protein to other nutrients that humans need such as magnesium.
2) Because it's silly to try to change cow's milk to make it more
suitable for humans by taking fat out, adding iodine, feeding cows fish
to try to increase essential fat content.
3) Becuase it's silly to feed cows over 90% of the soya produced in the
USA when humans could just cut out the middle man and consume the soya
without all the side effects and waste of resources.
4) Because milk production is economically stupid - relying on billions
of dollars of Government subsidy for something that causes
environmental problems and a strain on the health services.
5) Because for every so many gallons of milk you get a free baby cow
that is mashed up into cat food or chicken food or pig food.
6) Because we will soon run out of water if we stay reliant on animal
protein.
7) Because cow pooh and cow fart are almost as toxic as pig pooh and
pig fart and our water supplies are being poisoned and atmospehere
compromised because at the same time we are burning fossil fuel,
chopping the trees down and poisoning the seas so any chance of repair
are deminished too.
8) Because there are so many different choices amongst plant milks why
would you want to unecessarily cause animal suffering, ill health, and
environmental devastation when the alternatives are so delicious?
D.E.

Bob Smith wrote:
> Ok surely most of the objections to dairy milk are solved by drinking
> Skimmed (very low fat) Organic milk (readily available in the UK)?

Non fat milk would be even better, but unless hormones
and antbiotics bind themsleves to this fat, that would
still be a problem.
D.E.

Don Quinoa wrote:
> Why use soya or rice or oat or nut or grain or hemp milk instead of
> Cow's milk.
>

> 1) Because cows milk is for baby cow's to help them grow into the size
> of a shed in a matter of weeks. That means different ratios of calcium
> and protein to other nutrients that humans need such as magnesium.

A point, but that doesn`t mean hat it wouldn`t be a good form
of nutrition, if you only look at this argument.

> 2) Because it's silly to try to change cow's milk to make it more
> suitable for humans by taking fat out, adding iodine, feeding cows
> fish to try to increase essential fat content.

Oh they don`t need fishoil in their food, but since they are top athletes
they have too nowadays, this has more to do with the amount of milk
they want to squeeze out of a cow in a short period as possible, then
with changing cow milk itself.
It is also silly to peel your patatoes, and yet we do it.

> 3) Becuase it's silly to feed cows over 90% of the soya produced in
> the USA when humans could just cut out the middle man and consume the
> soya without all the side effects and waste of resources.

True but they also eat "waste" products we don`t.

> 4) Because milk production is economically stupid - relying on
> billions of dollars of Government subsidy for something that causes
> environmental problems and a strain on the health services.

Hmm same goed for the breeding of humans ;o)

> 5) Because for every so many gallons of milk you get a free baby cow
> that is mashed up into cat food or chicken food or pig food.

Oh also human consumption, the parts we don`t "want" get into the
dogfood along with a lot of soya.(especially in dry food)
Besides that, with hormone treatment the calf isn`t actually
neccesary anymore.

> 6) Because we will soon run out of water if we stay reliant on animal
> protein.

Depends on where you are. Some will get more then they bargained for.

> 7) Because cow pooh and cow fart are almost as toxic as pig pooh and
> pig fart and our water supplies are being poisoned and atmospehere
> compromised because at the same time we are burning fossil fuel,
> chopping the trees down and poisoning the seas so any chance of repair
> are deminished too.

True, the new danger however is residues from medicines.
More people use them and pee them out.

> 8) Because there are so many different choices amongst plant milks why
> would you want to unecessarily cause animal suffering, ill health, and
> environmental devastation when the alternatives are so delicious?

Because I like milk, I am addicted.
Vicky Conlan

According to >:
>Besides that, with hormone treatment the calf isn`t actually
>neccesary anymore.

Now that's an interesting point. Do we* prefer milk where a calf
has probably been killed to produce it, or do we prefer milk from
a cow that has been pumped full of hormones. Decisions, decisions.
--
Caption Competition: http://sig.comps.org/caption/
Tim923

"Rae" wrote:
>I use organic 1 % lowfat milk. I have compared the fat and nutrients of the

I don't drink milk and use soy instead. I never liked milk that much
and soy is at least as good.

But I still eat dairy products such as pizza, cheese, and whey protein
shakes. Do they have any less antibiotics or hormones than milk?

jw 1111

"Tim923" > wrote in message
> "Rae" wrote:
>>I use organic 1 % lowfat milk. I have compared the fat and nutrients of
>>the

> I don't drink milk and use soy instead. I never liked milk that much
> and soy is at least as good.
>
> But I still eat dairy products such as pizza, cheese, and whey protein
> shakes. Do they have any less antibiotics or hormones than milk?

after having drunk cows milk and dairy products all my life i have just been
shocked by reading a book a friend gave me called 'the china study' by
colin.t.campbell.
when you read the science behind drinking cows milk it's rather scary.

has anyone else read this book? i would be very interested to know what they
made of it, especially regarding meat.
D.E.

"Vicky Conlan" > schreef in bericht
> According to >:
>>Besides that, with hormone treatment the calf isn`t actually
>>neccesary anymore.

> Now that's an interesting point. Do we* prefer milk where a calf
> has probably been killed to produce it, or do we prefer milk from
> a cow that has been pumped full of hormones. Decisions, decisions.

It is not pumped full of hormones, it`s about the same amount of hormones
they
would also have if they got pregnant.
So either way they would be pumping hormones.
Vicky Conlan

According to >:
>It is not pumped full of hormones, it`s about the same amount of hormones
>they would also have if they got pregnant.
>So either way they would be pumping hormones.

I suppose, but are the 'artificially introduced' ones taken from
pregnant cows, or are they synthesised?

--
Caption Competition: http://sig.comps.org/caption/
D.E.

"Vicky Conlan" > schreef in bericht
> According to >:
>>It is not pumped full of hormones, it`s about the same amount of hormones
>>they would also have if they got pregnant.
>>So either way they would be pumping hormones.

> I suppose, but are the 'artificially introduced' ones taken from
> pregnant cows, or are they synthesised?

I think synthesised, but I am not sure.

> Caption Competition: http://sig.comps.org/caption/

rmg

"Rae" > wrote in message
> I use organic 1 % lowfat milk. I have compared the fat and nutrients of

the
> soy milk and this milk. The only thing I see that the soy milk has that

the
> real milk doesn't is some B vitamins which i get with my supplements.
>
> Question: Why should anyone use soy milk rather than real milk if they are
> not opposed to dairy?
>
> Thanks

Sorry if someone already said this but I use soy because of elements of
natural estrogen contained in soy. My OBGYN says it's a good thing to have
in anticipation of menopause and such. I don't have studies to back it up
but that is what my doctor told me. cheers