tan tan is offline
Experienced Member

Talking Vegetarian Cooking and Protein

Essentially it is very important that our bodies have daily protein. Let us look at what protein actually is and what it does that makes it important.
For more information please visit this
food and exercise

Last edited by tan : 23-06-2011 at 05:23 PM
Member

can you explain me that what vegetables having more proteins . I only knew that nuts like almonds , peanuts and cashews having good source of proteins ... but i am not sure about vegetables ..
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal21 View Post
can you explain me that what vegetables having more proteins . I only knew that nuts like almonds , peanuts and cashews having good source of proteins ... but i am not sure about vegetables ..

You should look into beans, they're a good source for protein.
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal21 View Post
can you explain me that what vegetables having more proteins . I only knew that nuts like almonds , peanuts and cashews having good source of proteins ... but i am not sure about vegetables ..
1)
One half cup of beets, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt contains 1.43 grams protein, 37 calories and 1.7 grams dietary fiber.

2)
One cup of Brussels Sprouts, cooked, boiled, drained with no added salt has 3.98 grams protein, 56 calories and 4.1 grams dietary fiber.

3)
Half cup of broccoli, cooked with no added salt contains 1.86 grams protein, 27 calories and 2.6 grams dietary fiber.

4)
Half cup cooked with no added salt contains 0.59 grams protein, 27 calories and 2.3 grams fiber.

5)
One cup of Celriac, cooked, boiled, drained with no added salt has 1.49 grams protein, 42 calories and 1.9 grams of dietary fiber.

hope so you like it.
Member

Next to chicken..Soya has rich protein and we must at least include them two times a week.

Member

Thanks for asking this...I've been wondering how to get protein from a vegetarian diet. Thanks for all your answers everybody!
Member

Soya is a really good choice because it can replace things most people eat for protein (chicken, other kinds of meet) in many dishes.

Mexican dishes can mostly be made with tofu and vegetarian burger patties made out of tofu can be really great.

The only real real problem is, that it is really hard to get started with tofu and get it to taste good. (Well at least that was my impression when I started using it)
Banned

Protein can also be available in seafoods, white-meat poultry, milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs, beans, pork tenderloin, soy and lean beef.
Experienced Member

Vegetarian foods are really beneficial for weight loss. Adopting a healthy vegetarian diet isn't just taking meat off your plate and eating what's left. You need to take extra steps to ensure you're meeting your daily nutritional needs. A well-balanced vegetarian diet consists mostly of plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. So we should choose foods that are natural, and have many plant-based ingredients. An example of a great company creating these types of products is Sheffa Foods – you can Google them and take a look at their product line.