Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default How to replace milk in vegetarian products

Hi everybody,

I have friends selling vegetarian products based on "textured soya".
These products also contains milk powder and are very good to eat. They
easily replace meat for non-vegetarian people.

Actually they would like to make vegan products. They have tried many
things to replace milk : for example soya milk or coco milk, but it
doesn't work. The main point is that these replacement products do not
"stick" enough.

Does anybody has any experience in this or any idea ? That would be great...

--
http://agedor.over-blog.com/
Age d'or, Végétarisme, Dieu, Religion, Jesus, spiritualité, écologie
Posted to alt.food.vegan

love bill in >:
> Actually they would like to make vegan products. They have tried many
> things to replace milk : for example soya milk or coco milk, but it
> doesn't work. The main point is that these replacement products do not
> "stick" enough.

Gluten maybe, it is a glue (like casein from milk).

--
Ako vam smeta, zalite se CIP-u. Kad mi opet otvore acc na fly.srk.fer.hr maknut
cu sig. Evo uzroka gubitka 2 accounta: http://tinyurl.com/cslaq
Posted to alt.food.vegan
nyx nyx is offline

Enola Knezevic wrote:
> love bill in >:
>
>>Actually they would like to make vegan products. They have tried many
>>things to replace milk : for example soya milk or coco milk, but it
>>doesn't work. The main point is that these replacement products do not
>>"stick" enough.

> Gluten maybe, it is a glue (like casein from milk).

Depending on what you are trying to replace and how much the flavor
matters, bananas can be a good egg replacement for some things (liked
baked items - cookies and cakes) Bananas are a very good binding agent.
However, if the item would not taste well with the banana flavor a
different alternative will need to be used.