Old 13-11-2005, 08:45 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg

Default I would like to convert from meat-eating diet to vegetarian. Anyone know of any good books, cookbooks?

I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 13-11-2005, 09:09 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Scented Nectar

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as cookbooks, my site
listed below has links to over
700 free veg recipe websites.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Old 14-11-2005, 01:08 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
Old 14-11-2005, 07:30 AM posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

Alot of rich info in this one, though the dishes within are not
extravagent generally,but tasty nonetheless.

"Dining in the Raw" by Rita Romano
http://rawfoodinfo.com/catalog/books...gintheRaw.html

Old 14-11-2005, 10:23 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg

Scented Nectar:

Thanks ever so much for the link to your page. I am sure I will
find plenty of help there in my attempt to convert.

ups.com...

Old 14-11-2005, 10:24 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg

Thanks Steve. It looks like there will be a lot of helpful information
there.

Old 14-11-2005, 10:31 PM posted to alt.food.vegan

Joe

Thanks for the pointer to the webpage. Looks like there are a lot of
good books to be had there!

Old 14-11-2005, 11:20 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Beach Runner

Scented Nectar wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...

I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as cookbooks, my site
listed below has links to over
700 free veg recipe websites.

While there are people on this group that will attack you, read Dr. Dean
Ornish and recognize you don't need meat. It will generally improve
your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel cancer. You will
consume less pesticides. Food will cost less.

Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I wish you the
best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends, or Vegan
Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies on Vegan
Weightlifters.

I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.
Old 14-11-2005, 11:48 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Scented Nectar

wrote in message
oups.com...
Scented Nectar:

Thanks ever so much for the link to your page. I am sure I will
find plenty of help there in my attempt to convert.

You're welcome, glad to help.

ups.com...

Old 14-11-2005, 11:58 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Scented Nectar

"Beach Runner" wrote in message
news

Scented Nectar wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Thanks.

Old 16-11-2005, 09:15 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as cookbooks, my site
listed below has links to over
700 free veg recipe websites.

While there are people on this group that will attack you, read Dr. Dean
Ornish and recognize you don't need meat.

Why don't you recognize that Ornish's work is with desperately unhealthy
individuals, and that healthy people needn't go to extremes to become
healthier?

It will generally improve
your attery health, reduce prostate cancer, and bowel cancer.

Ipse dixit and you're not even addressing the OP's concerns. You're too
daft to realize that. You retard.

As to your claims, a recent study points to the significance of
lifestyle factors in heart disease and adult-onset diabetes. The study's
author cites the following as beneficial:

Better habits could prevent 80% of heart disease, 90% of type 2
diabetes.

1. Stop smoking.
2. "Fairly modest shifts" in diet -- focusing on *types* of fats
and carbs rather than on fats and carbs without distinction.
3. Eat fish twice a week. (Vegans do NOT live longer.)
4. Get regular exercise.
5. Take a multi-vitamin.

See: http://tinyurl.com/9b4r6

One can eat meat and still live a full, healthy life. Nitwit.

You will consume less pesticides.

Ipse dixit and false. One can eat a diet that includes lots of meat and
consume "less pesticides." One can avoid meat altogether and consume a
lot more pesticide than he did when he ate meat. You weird old geezer.

Food will cost less.

Not necessarily, especially if the OP wastes money by paying premium
prices for organic produce, supplements (B12, etc.), etc.

Soon a few people will write nasty notes after this, but I wish you the
best of luck. Some good Yahoo Groups are Vegan Friends, or Vegan
Weightlifers. I especially enjoy all the scientific studies on Vegan
Weightlifters.

Can you name a "scientific study" on vegan weightlifters? Here's a pic
of a vegan bodybuilder:
http://tinyurl.com/8w9lj

I greatly admire Scented Nector for staying with the cause.

"Cause" equals "fight." You're only applauding her effort for being a
true believer like you are and for tilting at windmills. Neither of you
deserves props for sticking to your guns when you've both been shown to
be utterly wrong.
Old 18-11-2005, 04:52 AM posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:15:03 GMT, usual suspect
wrote:

Better habits could prevent 80% of heart disease, 90% of type 2
diabetes.

1. Stop smoking.
2. "Fairly modest shifts" in diet -- focusing on *types* of fats
and carbs rather than on fats and carbs without distinction.
3. Eat fish twice a week. (Vegans do NOT live longer.)
4. Get regular exercise.
5. Take a multi-vitamin.

You forgot #6
Don't stress out by blowing your gasket in even the lightest
conversations all the time.

Old 18-11-2005, 06:00 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
usual suspect

Nothing beneficial, useful, informative, or of substance. As usual.
Old 18-11-2005, 10:13 PM posted to alt.food.vegan
rick

wrote:

Better habits could prevent 80% of heart disease, 90% of type
2
diabetes.

1. Stop smoking.
2. "Fairly modest shifts" in diet -- focusing on *types* of
fats
and carbs rather than on fats and carbs without distinction.
3. Eat fish twice a week. (Vegans do NOT live longer.)
4. Get regular exercise.
5. Take a multi-vitamin.

You forgot #6
Don't stress out by blowing your gasket in even the lightest
conversations all the time.

100,000 Newsgroups

---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via
Encryption =---

Old 20-11-2005, 02:47 AM posted to alt.food.vegan
Joe

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:13:15 GMT, "rick" wrote:

Thanks for agreeing that avoiding meat doesn't help any....

lol, your welcome Rick [I guess], nothing to agree on really, to each
his own for whatever reason they decide to do things. Proper nutrition
is the key and I'm a lacto-vegetarian for my own reasons.

Suspect's 'napoleon-complex' inspires me to fine tune his virtuous
advice.