Old 24-02-2011, 01:07 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default Five Reasons to Be a Vegetarian, and Ten Arguments Against Eating Meat

I just find eating animal flesh (or meat) unappetizing. I get really sick
to my stomach when it's there. I would probably be flexible and eat now and
then if I could, but get too sick.

Old 24-02-2011, 08:28 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Tim923" wrote
I just find eating animal flesh (or meat) unappetizing. I get really sick
to my stomach when it's there. I would probably be flexible and eat now
and then if I could, but get too sick.

That's just a mental block, there's no physiological reason for that type of
aversion.

Old 28-02-2011, 01:44 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On 2/27/2011 5:24 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
Vegetarianism: Recommended in Vedic Scripture

There's only one reason, and that's to pretend you're morally superior,
even though really you're not.
Old 28-02-2011, 01:58 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Feb 27, 8:24*pm, and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
Vegetarianism: Recommended in Vedic Scripture

By Stephen Knapphttp://www.stephen-knapp.com

Many times there seems to be some confusion or lack of
clarity on whether the Vedic path condones or condemns
the eating of meat. Often times I hear Indians and
followers of the Vedic path explain that meat eating is
all right, that the Vedic shastras do not condemn it. Of
course, in this day and age meat eating includes and
supports the whole meat industry, which is the systematic
slaughter of thousands of animals on a daily basis. But
if we actually research the Vedic texts we will find that
there are numerous references in the various portions of
the Vedic literature which explain in no uncertain terms
the karmic dangers of meat-eating and unnecessary animal
slaughter. These indicate that meat eating should be
given up for one's spiritual and even material progress.
This means that the Vedic conclusions that some people
present for meat-eating are not accurate, and that they
have never studied their own religious books very
thoroughly. This is something that is important to
understand, so let us take a look.

VEDIC REFERENCES AGAINST MEAT-EATING AND ANIMAL SLAUGHTER

To start with, the Manu-samhita clearly and logically
recommends that, "Meat can never be obtained without
injury to living creatures,

Does Manu say anything about how to obtain vegetarian food without
injury to living creatures?

and injury to sentient beings
is detrimental to the attainment of heavenly bliss;

In what way would your chances of heavenly bliss be affected if you
were to offer as prasadam rice that has been obtained by taking many
lives?