Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food,rec.food.veg
Tracey

Default I would like to convert from meat-eating diet to vegetarian. Anyone know of any good books, cookbooks?

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have heard that one can get all they need from a vegetarian diet. I
> know that vegetables, fruits and nuts are great sources for dietary
> needs. I would like to go on a 'whole foods' approach to the
> vegetables, because I have been told that microwaving vegetables gets
> rid of a lot of the vitamins and nutrients. Is that correct.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as I know microwaving veg is one of the best ways to cook them
regards nutrients not being lost - steaming is a very good way too.

Just as a 'by the way' I've often heard it said that if carrots or tomatoes
are cooked they are better for you than in their raw state, as is mentioned
in the following: http://www.medicinalfoodnews.com/vol...ue7/carrot.htm
http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=15&db=13&C0=74

Tracey