Phillip Inoy

Default new to the vegan lifestyle. Some advice please:)

Hi Y'all!

I have, in the past 3 - 4 weeks made a decision that I hope will be a better one for my life and life span.

I have just been eating various fruits and grain cereals. I have enjoyed Silk Soy Milk (Extra Vanilla is quite yummy)
and also been eating soy yogurt (no lactose products, nothing dairy what so ever).

I have also been using raw honey as well.

My diet consists of

Breakfast:

A bowl of cut up fruits, blueberries, strawberries, seedless white grapes, bananas, peaches
nectarines, and a whole grain cereal, with 2 tbsp of honey

Lunch will consist or pretty much the same (if I am hungry at all) except I do not add any cereal

Dinner, same fruits as bkfst, along with the yogurt and honey, no cereal.

Sometimes I will just eat cereal with soy milk without any of the fruits and other times I will have cereal, some fruits
and a load of yogurt and some honey.

My wife is kinda ****ed off at me for my decision because she says I will not live healthy this way. she is also mad,
because I cook for her and our grandson, but I won't eat any of the meat myself.

Truth is, I have lost the taste of meat. I mean that I will have some chicken or salmon or sushi once in a while, but I
have no desire for steaks, t-bones, ribs (pork or beef short ribs), or any other cut of meat. I still love chowing down
on lobster tails though, But that is very very rarely.

any advice you might give me is great.

PS:

I am also hoping I might lose some weight by sticking to this regimen.

Also, the veggies I would consume would be free
of any dressings whatsoever.

Thanks

Phillip Inoy

Phillip Inoy wrote:

> Breakfast:
>
> A bowl of cut up fruits, blueberries, strawberries,
> seedless white grapes, bananas, peaches
> nectarines, and a whole grain cereal, with 2 tbsp of honey
>
> Lunch will consist or pretty much the same (if I am hungry at all)
> except I do not add any cereal
>
> Dinner, same fruits as bkfst, along with the yogurt and honey, no cereal.
>
> Sometimes I will just eat cereal with soy milk without any of the
> fruits and other times I will have cereal, some fruits
> and a load of yogurt and some honey.

I take this opportunity to test the clipboard functions of my NEW!
IMPROVED! version of DMAK (Diet Monger Ass Kicker), not yet released on
my website.

Don't take the percents too seriously. The REQ numbers could be wrong.

Here goes:
----
adult_male.REQ One Day

90.0 g 0.2 lb PEACHES,RAW
50.0 g 0.1 lb GRAPES,AMERICAN TYPE (SLIP SKN),RAW
110.0 g 0.2 lb BANANAS,RAW
70.0 g 0.2 lb BLUEBERRIES,RAW
80.0 g 0.2 lb STRAWBERRIES,RAW
120.0 g 0.3 lb YOGURT,PLN,SKIM MILK,13 GRAMS PROT PER 8 OZ
50.0 g 0.1 lb SOYBEANS,GREEN,RAW
150.0 g 0.3 lb OATS
Total Food: 720.0 g 1.6 pounds

Water---------- 483.10 g 26.8 %
Energ_Kcal----- 956.20 53.1 %
Protein-------- 42.07 g 75.1 %
Tot_Lipid------ 15.20 g 76.0 %
Ash------------ 6.91 g 143.9 %
Carbohydrt----- 172.72 g 76.8 %
Fiber_TD------- 25.94 g 230.6 %
Sugar---------- 49.04 g 4904.5 %
Calcium-------- 453.20 mg 56.6 %
Iron----------- 10.15 mg 50.8 %
Magnesium------ 375.70 mg 93.9 %
Phosphorus----- 1144.70 mg 143.1 %
Potassium------ 2096.10 mg 69.9 %
Sodium--------- 106.50 mg 21.3 %
Zinc----------- 8.18 mg 54.5 %
Copper--------- 1.27 mg 50.7 %
Manganese------ 8.91 mg 178.2 %
Selenium------- 6.70 mcg 9.6 %
Vit_C---------- 86.92 mg 43.5 %
Thiamin-------- 1.57 mg 78.3 %
Riboflavin----- 0.76 mg 38.0 %
Niacin--------- 4.62 mg 23.1 %
Panto_acid----- 3.57 mg 51.0 %
Vit_B6--------- 0.83 mg 41.5 %
Folate--------- 231.90 mcg 46.4 %
Vit_B12-------- 0.73 mcg 36.6 %
Vit_A---------- 469.60 IU 9.4 %
Vit_E---------- 1.49 mg 14.9 %
Vit_K---------- 25.70 mcg 32.1 %
FA_Sat--------- 2.59 g 258.7 %
FA_Mono-------- 4.14 g 413.8 %
FA_Poly-------- 5.84 g 39.0 %
Tryptophan----- 2.12 g 848.8 %
Threonine------ 1.49 g 298.0 %
Isoleucine----- 2.38 g 339.9 %
Leucine-------- 2.66 g 241.5 %
Lysine--------- 1.08 g 134.6 %
Methionine+Cystine 2.04 g 185.2 %
Phenylalanine+Tyrosine 8.56 g 777.8 %
Valine--------- 2.61 g 326.6 %
Omega3--------- 0.49 g 30.7 %

Beach Runner

> Phillip Inoy wrote:

This is a great opportunity and decision. However, THIS group is the
worst place to for decisions. There are very nasty trollers here who
will attack.

For purity's sake, honey is not vegan, but that's a personal decision.

You must exercise regularly. This includes aerobics, stretching and
weight bearing work, at least several times a week. Build up slowly and
learn proper form. Stretching is done after you warm up slowly, forget
the old movie stuff.

B12 levels should be monitored. Included in a general blood work up
annually. Chances are you''ll be fine, but your body produces it's own
cholesterol, exercise and diet are the first things to try and you're
starting there! B12 is controversial.

Add leafy greens, like kale, collard, in a large salad, with legumes.
Something like 1/2 or whole avocado with some raw nuts for minerals,
essential fats and protein. Even some sea weed has tons of minerals.
If there's a veggie juice bar, get some mixed veggie drinks on an empty
stomach. Go for a lot of colors.

Much digestion in humans takes place in the mouth so remember the old
mantra about chewing food at least 24 times and swishing juices around
your mouth. Saliva, has critical enzymes. And your stomach doesn't
have teeth.

check out some of the yahoo vegan groups. like vegan friends, and you'll
avoid the mean trolls.

Congratulations.

>>Breakfast:
>>
>>A bowl of cut up fruits, blueberries, strawberries,
>>seedless white grapes, bananas, peaches
>>nectarines, and a whole grain cereal, with 2 tbsp of honey
>>
>>Lunch will consist or pretty much the same (if I am hungry at all)
>>except I do not add any cereal
>>
>>Dinner, same fruits as bkfst, along with the yogurt and honey, no cereal.
>>
>>Sometimes I will just eat cereal with soy milk without any of the
>>fruits and other times I will have cereal, some fruits
>>and a load of yogurt and some honey.

> I take this opportunity to test the clipboard functions of my NEW!
> IMPROVED! version of DMAK (Diet Monger Ass Kicker), not yet released on
> my website.
>
> Don't take the percents too seriously. The REQ numbers could be wrong.
>
> Here goes:
> ----
> adult_male.REQ One Day
>
> 90.0 g 0.2 lb PEACHES,RAW
> 50.0 g 0.1 lb GRAPES,AMERICAN TYPE (SLIP SKN),RAW
> 110.0 g 0.2 lb BANANAS,RAW
> 70.0 g 0.2 lb BLUEBERRIES,RAW
> 80.0 g 0.2 lb STRAWBERRIES,RAW
> 120.0 g 0.3 lb YOGURT,PLN,SKIM MILK,13 GRAMS PROT PER 8 OZ
> 50.0 g 0.1 lb SOYBEANS,GREEN,RAW
> 150.0 g 0.3 lb OATS
> Total Food: 720.0 g 1.6 pounds
>
> Water---------- 483.10 g 26.8 %
> Energ_Kcal----- 956.20 53.1 %
> Protein-------- 42.07 g 75.1 %
> Tot_Lipid------ 15.20 g 76.0 %
> Ash------------ 6.91 g 143.9 %
> Carbohydrt----- 172.72 g 76.8 %
> Fiber_TD------- 25.94 g 230.6 %
> Sugar---------- 49.04 g 4904.5 %
> Calcium-------- 453.20 mg 56.6 %
> Iron----------- 10.15 mg 50.8 %
> Magnesium------ 375.70 mg 93.9 %
> Phosphorus----- 1144.70 mg 143.1 %
> Potassium------ 2096.10 mg 69.9 %
> Sodium--------- 106.50 mg 21.3 %
> Zinc----------- 8.18 mg 54.5 %
> Copper--------- 1.27 mg 50.7 %
> Manganese------ 8.91 mg 178.2 %
> Selenium------- 6.70 mcg 9.6 %
> Vit_C---------- 86.92 mg 43.5 %
> Thiamin-------- 1.57 mg 78.3 %
> Riboflavin----- 0.76 mg 38.0 %
> Niacin--------- 4.62 mg 23.1 %
> Panto_acid----- 3.57 mg 51.0 %
> Vit_B6--------- 0.83 mg 41.5 %
> Folate--------- 231.90 mcg 46.4 %
> Vit_B12-------- 0.73 mcg 36.6 %
> Vit_A---------- 469.60 IU 9.4 %
> Vit_E---------- 1.49 mg 14.9 %
> Vit_K---------- 25.70 mcg 32.1 %
> FA_Sat--------- 2.59 g 258.7 %
> FA_Mono-------- 4.14 g 413.8 %
> FA_Poly-------- 5.84 g 39.0 %
> Tryptophan----- 2.12 g 848.8 %
> Threonine------ 1.49 g 298.0 %
> Isoleucine----- 2.38 g 339.9 %
> Leucine-------- 2.66 g 241.5 %
> Lysine--------- 1.08 g 134.6 %
> Methionine+Cystine 2.04 g 185.2 %
> Phenylalanine+Tyrosine 8.56 g 777.8 %
> Valine--------- 2.61 g 326.6 %
> Omega3--------- 0.49 g 30.7 %

Steve

Phillip Inoy wrote:
> any advice you might give me is great.

People who quit veganism usually do so for one or more of these reasons:

1. They don't learn proper nutrition and end up not feeling well.
2. They don't learn to make a few good tasty dishes and get bored.
3. Peer pressure.

Regarding nutrition:
- http://www.veganhealth.org
- http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Regarding cooking:
- rec.food.veg.cooking
- http://www.veganchef.com/

The peer thing, check for local vegetarian groups, AR groups, or take
out an ad in the paper to start your own potluck grou.

> PS:
>
> I am also hoping I might lose some weight by sticking to this regimen.

Eat less move more, everything else is commentary.

It is easier to take in fewer calories if you eat whole foods, minimize
flour products, processed foods and sweeteners. Eating a lot of
vegetables is very filling and is lower in calories.

Walking everyday helps too.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

po

I've just recently been trying to eliminate most of the cholesterol in my
diet. I quit ice cream 8 months ago and switched to 1% milk at about the
same time. More recently I'm backing away from cheeses.

My favorite thing to do is make soup. This is great with dried legumes like
red lentils, green lentils and so on. The red lentils and water I heat at
just below boiling with no salt for about an hour. Use 3 times as much
water or stock as dried bean. In other words one cup of dried beans in three
cups of water. Supposedly leaving the salt out at this stage helps soften
the lentils and reduces gas. After the hour I'll add some sort of whole
grain like barley. There are varying degrees of whole. If it's really whole
it might take twenty minutes of gentle boiling to cook them and of course
you'll want to add lots more stock or water because the barley expands
tremendously soaking up everything.

I put kale, garlic, and lots of other soup type roots and veggies in with
the barley. Once the whole thing is cooked I'll get my bowl ready by filling
it one third full with yogurt. This is optional. I like to mix hot curry in
with the yogurt and laddle the soup on top and stir it in. It cools down the
soup a little but as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing. Madras brand
curry is very good and is said to be free of dyes.

The thing about soup is you can put in some many different kinds of veggies.
Everything from water chesnuts, bamboo shoots, jicama, kale, celery, various
seaweeds, tofu chunks etc. The beans or lentils help thicken the soup and
make it very hearty. To me the taste of this creamy, curried soup is
phenomenal. Other people hate it. Of course you can use milk instead. The
yogurt makes it tangy. The way I described this I didn't need any oil or
added fat either. All the fat in it comes strictly from the yogurt.

Most likely you'll end up with a lot more than you can eat. It stores well
in the fridge for up to a week (at least I've done it for a week). Often
I'll just cook the lentils and add the veggies every day for that meal's
serving. Cooking time is less than twenty minutes that way and you save
space in the fridge.

If I'm not mistaken you might want to get some nutritional yeast for b6 and
b12. Either that or eat just a little meat. Soymilks and ricemilks are
fortified with these vitamins. See the label. Iron? Still looking for good
dose of that. I think Salmon has it, but beef is a top source. Some cereals
are iron fortified.

I'm not losing a lot of weight on this. I should eat less and switch to
lowfat yogurt, but I love the rich taste.

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message

> [...]

>>>Dinner, same fruits as bkfst, along with the yogurt and honey, no cereal.
>>>
>>>Sometimes I will just eat cereal with soy milk without any of the
>>>fruits and other times I will have cereal, some fruits
>>>and a load of yogurt and some honey.

>> I take this opportunity to test the clipboard functions of my NEW!
>> IMPROVED! version of DMAK (Diet Monger Ass Kicker), not yet released on
>> my website.
>>
>> Don't take the percents too seriously. The REQ numbers could be wrong.
>>
>> Here goes:
>> ----
>> adult_male.REQ One Day
>>
>> 90.0 g 0.2 lb PEACHES,RAW
>> 50.0 g 0.1 lb GRAPES,AMERICAN TYPE (SLIP SKN),RAW
>> 110.0 g 0.2 lb BANANAS,RAW
>> 70.0 g 0.2 lb BLUEBERRIES,RAW
>> 80.0 g 0.2 lb STRAWBERRIES,RAW
>> 120.0 g 0.3 lb YOGURT,PLN,SKIM MILK,13 GRAMS PROT PER 8 OZ

Steve

po wrote:
> I've just recently been trying to eliminate most of the cholesterol in my
> diet. I quit ice cream 8 months ago and switched to 1% milk at about the
> same time. More recently I'm backing away from cheeses.

Bravo! So many people with your same goals fail to realize dairy
products, as well as chicken are also significant sources of cholesterol
as well as red meat. Good for you for seeing that!

If you are concerned about your cardiovascular health you also want to
watch your intake of partially hydrogenated oils or "trans fats". This
is a BRIEF article that tells you about these fats and why you want to
avoid them:
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...transfats.html

Cholesterol isn't the only problem to account for in preventing a heart
attack. You can be very vigilant about it and still get a heart attack
for other reasons. However, it is also easy to protect yourself from
these other factors if you know about them. To know about them go to
this link and click on the link for the on line video described at the
top of the page.

It can easily be watched over dial up and applys to people who still eat
meat and dairy as well as vegetarians:

http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

> If I'm not mistaken you might want to get some nutritional yeast for b6 and
> b12. Either that or eat just a little meat. Soymilks and ricemilks are
> fortified with these vitamins. See the label. Iron? Still looking for good
> dose of that. I think Salmon has it, but beef is a top source. Some cereals
> are iron fortified.

Legumes, greens, black strap molasses, and brewers yeast are all very
significant sources of iron. Absorption of plant based iron is also
improved when consumed with a vitamin C rich food ( ie fruit for dessert
).

No need to kill a fish or a cow.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

po

Don't worry Steve. I am a virtual nut about eliminating this insidious stuff
from my diet. Thanks for the link though.

I'll tell you a story about when I was researching trans fats... I found one
place that said the average american only gets about 4 grams of the stuff a
day. Later I checked my "no fat" Coffeemate. It said it contained no trans
fats, but when I checked the ingredients there was partially hydrogenated
something or other in there so I called their eight hundred number. Sure
enough the amount of trans fat in one of their servings was just under what
needed to be reported. I think it was .9 grams per serving of trans fat.

Think about it. Is it that hard to concieve of the average american downing
4 cups of coffee with some no fat coffeemate and getting .9 X 4grams of fat
or almost 4 grams of fat just from a morning drink? Not to me.

One easy way to spot it is if it doesn't rot. Milk rots at room temperature.
Creamora and coffeemate don't. You gotta wonder how they do that and the
answer is this man made fat invented around the turn of the last century
that has since infiltrated most of the candy bars and coffee cakes sold by
stores. It's in all kinds of shit and incidentally the people at coffeemate
said it was inconsequential amounts. Hah.

"Steve" > wrote in message
> po wrote:
>> I've just recently been trying to eliminate most of the cholesterol in my
>> diet. I quit ice cream 8 months ago and switched to 1% milk at about the
>> same time. More recently I'm backing away from cheeses.

> Bravo! So many people with your same goals fail to realize dairy products,
> as well as chicken are also significant sources of cholesterol as well as
> red meat. Good for you for seeing that!
>
> If you are concerned about your cardiovascular health you also want to
> watch your intake of partially hydrogenated oils or "trans fats". This is
> a BRIEF article that tells you about these fats and why you want to avoid
> them:
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...transfats.html
>
> Cholesterol isn't the only problem to account for in preventing a heart
> attack. You can be very vigilant about it and still get a heart attack
> for other reasons. However, it is also easy to protect yourself from
> these other factors if you know about them. To know about them go to this
> link and click on the link for the on line video described at the top of
> the page.
>
> It can easily be watched over dial up and applys to people who still eat
> meat and dairy as well as vegetarians:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>

>> If I'm not mistaken you might want to get some nutritional yeast for b6
>> and b12. Either that or eat just a little meat. Soymilks and ricemilks
>> are fortified with these vitamins. See the label. Iron? Still looking for
>> good dose of that. I think Salmon has it, but beef is a top source. Some
>> cereals are iron fortified.

> Legumes, greens, black strap molasses, and brewers yeast are all very
> significant sources of iron. Absorption of plant based iron is also
> improved when consumed with a vitamin C rich food ( ie fruit for
> dessert ).
>
> No need to kill a fish or a cow.
>
> Steve
>
> Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html
>
> Steve's Home Page
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/
>
> "The great American thought trap: It is not real
> unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
> shopping mall"

Steve

po wrote:
> One easy way to spot it is if it doesn't rot.

That is an awesome rule of thumb, thanks!

"If it doesn't rot, don't eat it"

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

usual suspect

po wrote:
> I've just recently been trying to eliminate most of the cholesterol in my
> diet.

Why? Your serum cholesterol levels are virtually unaffected by the
amount of cholesterol in your diet. You'd be wiser to look at the kinds
of fat you consume since that plays a MAJOR role in your serum
cholesterol levels. Ditch the saturated and transfats for
monounsaturated oils since they elevated LDL. You can consume oily
cold-water fish (high in cholesterol) and reduce your serum cholesterol
levels.
usual suspect

po wrote:
> Think about it. Is it that hard to concieve of the average american downing
> 4 cups of coffee with some no fat coffeemate

Here's one average American who doesn't drink coffee OR use Coffeemate.
Most average Americans I know who drink coffee use real milk or cream
rather than faux cream.

usual suspect

Steve wrote:
>> One easy way to spot it is if it doesn't rot.

> That is an awesome rule of thumb, thanks!

That's a STUPID rule of thumb, you twit.
po

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
. ..
> po wrote:
>> Think about it. Is it that hard to concieve of the average american
>> downing 4 cups of coffee with some no fat coffeemate

> Here's one average American who doesn't drink coffee OR use Coffeemate.
> Most average Americans I know who drink coffee use real milk or cream
> rather than faux cream.

Your point is that you are an average american and that you don't drink
coffee or use coffemate? Great argument. ((sarcasm)) I guess I'm just a liar
then since most average americans don't drink coffee as you've proved, LOL.
Actually, I don't know what you're trying to prove with your comments and
style except that you're obviously just entering this thread looking to
start inane arguments with your stupid, annoying comments because what you
really like to do is behave in an aggravating way in the hopes of provoking
people. Once you draw them in with your pointless, stupid shit, you abuse
them. That's how you get your kicks.

Anyhow, here's a link for Cremora.

http://www.cremora.com/nutr_info.html
I don't need to prove that a huge amount of this and coffemate get used in
the USA by average americans, but if you want to dispute that, please offer
us a link.
Click on their nutritional information for their lowfat product and you'll
see they have no trans fats, but look at the ingredients and you'll see
there are trans fats which was my point in the first place. The info is
contradictory, confusing and deceptive. Got some sugar in there too... or
no, no sugar. I guess it both has and hasn't sugar too.

po

Is it better to get the "good" cholesterol or to just not get any animal
cholesterol? From what I've been reading, certain fish oils are good, but
plant oils are like the oil in walnuts is even better and since animal oils
aren't necessary, wouldn't I be better off getting the better oil from nuts?

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> po wrote:
>> I've just recently been trying to eliminate most of the cholesterol in my
>> diet.

> Why? Your serum cholesterol levels are virtually unaffected by the amount
> of cholesterol in your diet. You'd be wiser to look at the kinds of fat
> you consume since that plays a MAJOR role in your serum cholesterol
> levels. Ditch the saturated and transfats for monounsaturated oils since
> they elevated LDL. You can consume oily cold-water fish (high in
> cholesterol) and reduce your serum cholesterol levels.

Pesco-vegan

>From an intuitive perspective the diet you are planning to adopt does
not seem
sufficiently varied. My advice would be to consult a health care
professional first,
a step generally recommended to all people planning radical changes to
their diet.
You appear to have no source of fat and no source of B12, unless your
cereals
are fortified with it. I would also recommend including vegetables,
especially green
leafy ones, since these are more nutrient-dense than fruits. Beyond
that, my
knowledge of nutrition isn't comprehensive enough to be able to offer
reliable advice.

Pesco-vegan

As I understand it, fish oils provide EPA and DHA that plant oils do
not
provide in significant quantities. Your body can synthesize these from
ALA, found in many nuts and seeds, flax being an especially good
source.
However, your body may not be wonderfully efficient at making this
conversion so many sources recommend consuming both seeds and
fish. I am not a qualified dietician. The above is just a summation of
what I have read on the subject.

usual suspect

poo wrote:
>>>Think about it. Is it that hard to concieve of the average american
>>>downing 4 cups of coffee with some no fat coffeemate

>>Here's one average American who doesn't drink coffee OR use Coffeemate.
>>Most average Americans I know who drink coffee use real milk or cream
>>rather than faux cream.

> Your point is that you are an average american and that you don't drink
> coffee or use coffemate?

The National Coffee Association found in 2000 that 54% of the
adult population of the United States drinks coffee daily... In
addition to the 54% who drink coffee everyday, 25% of Americans
drink coffee occasionally.
http://www.coffeeresearch.org/market/usa.htm

Between 1998 and 2003, sales of cream, half & half, and
refrigerated non-dairy creamer have soared. In contrast, sales
of shelf-stable non-dairy creamer have slipped.
http://tinyurl.com/bxf7p

> I guess I'm just a liar

Established.
usual suspect

poo wrote:
> Is it better to get the "good" cholesterol or to just not get any animal
> cholesterol?

Serum cholesterol levels are virtually unaffected by dietary
cholesterol, _per se_. Consumption of certain lipids causes LDL to spike
-- i.e., saturated and trans- fats. Some meats contain lots saturated
fats; some have hardly any. Among those with healthful lipid profiles
are grass-fed beef, bison, wild game, and certain fish. All are rich in
omega-3 fatty acids and low in saturated fats.

> From what I've been reading,

You mean from activist sources which have already caused you to
over-generalize matters like cholesterol?
po

I've never seen any grass fed beef in my grocery store. It's all grain fed
or silage fed far as I know. I can get grass fed at the natural food store
though. That's where all the extremists shop.

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> poo wrote:
>> Is it better to get the "good" cholesterol or to just not get any animal
>> cholesterol?

> Serum cholesterol levels are virtually unaffected by dietary cholesterol,
> _per se_. Consumption of certain lipids causes LDL to spike -- i.e.,
> saturated and trans- fats. Some meats contain lots saturated fats; some
> have hardly any. Among those with healthful lipid profiles are grass-fed
> beef, bison, wild game, and certain fish. All are rich in omega-3 fatty
> acids and low in saturated fats.
>
>> From what I've been reading,

> You mean from activist sources which have already caused you to
> over-generalize matters like cholesterol?

usual suspect

poo wrote:

STOP TOP-POSTING.

> I've never seen any grass fed beef in my grocery store.

Ask for it. The manager will be happy to carry it if you'll buy it. Or
find a local producer who raises grazed beef.

> It's all grain fed
> or silage fed far as I know.

Operative words: "far as I know." You don't.

> I can get grass fed at the natural food store
> though. That's where all the extremists shop.

From the tone of your posts, I think you'll fit right in with them.

> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>
>>poo wrote:
>>
>>>Is it better to get the "good" cholesterol or to just not get any animal
>>>cholesterol?

>>Serum cholesterol levels are virtually unaffected by dietary cholesterol,
>>_per se_. Consumption of certain lipids causes LDL to spike -- i.e.,
>>saturated and trans- fats. Some meats contain lots saturated fats; some
>>have hardly any. Among those with healthful lipid profiles are grass-fed
>>beef, bison, wild game, and certain fish. All are rich in omega-3 fatty
>>acids and low in saturated fats.
>>

>>>From what I've been reading,

>>You mean from activist sources which have already caused you to
>>over-generalize matters like cholesterol?

Do you like the lifestyle of this woman? Alissa[_2_] General Cooking 3 17-05-2012 02:54 PM
vegan lifestyle lifestyle choices directory Vegan 1 26-09-2007 04:53 PM
Vegan Lifestyle nemo Vegan 0 02-12-2005 05:16 PM
Seeking Advice on Vegan Catering for Film Set Carly Vegan 30 30-07-2004 10:32 PM
The Greatest Vitamin in the World---Essential for the Vegan lifestyle jas3777 Vegan 0 25-07-2004 03:34 PM