Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

Default WHY VEGANISM?

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 20:34:54 GMT, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>Denton Vegan Cooperative
>
>Why Veganism?
>
>For compassion, the environment, your health, the future.
>
>Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
>man will not himself find peace.

"It's ethically impermissible to consider the lives
of other creatures" - "Dutch"

"Taking moral credit for a livestock animal's very
existence is analagous to taking moral credit for the
life of a daughter you sell onto the streets." - "Dutch"

""Getting to experience life" is not a benefit to an animal"
- "Dutch"

"I decline to "consider" the lives of animals" - "Dutch"

"What am I denying that animal by refusing to give it this
"consideration" that I am failing to give?" - "Dutch"

"It is illogical and inadmissible to "consider" the lives
(existence) of livestock, or of any other creature" - "Dutch"

"WIldlife, like livestock, happen to be living creatures,
their lives per se are not relevant to this issue." - "Dutch"

"Every consumer choice promotes animals to experience
life." - Dutch

"What's important is the medium/long term implications,
that is no more animals "in bondage" to humans." - "Dutch"

"Life does not justify death" - "Dutch"

"you should become a vegan. I've been saying that to you
for years." - "Dutch"

"I am an animal rights believer." - "Dutch"
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

Denton Vegan Cooperative

Why Veganism?

For compassion, the environment, your health, the future.

Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace.

- Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician
(Nobel 1952)

A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food;
therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.

- Leo Tolstoy, Russian novelist (1828-1910)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can
change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

- Margaret Mead, American cultural anthropologist (1901-1978)

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for
survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian
diet.

- Albert Einstein

For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other.
Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and
love.

- Pythagoras, mathematician

The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of
animals as they now look on the murder of men.

- Leonardo da Vinci, artist and scientist

Sentient Beings Rights and Happiness:

http://www.vegansociety.com/resource...d-freedom.aspx

The Bettering of Our Tarnished Environment and the for the Hungry
People of Our World:

http://www.vegansociety.com/resources/environment.aspx

Food Security:

http://www.vegansociety.com/resource...velopment.aspx

Food for Your Heart and Your Health:

http://www.nursingdegree.net/blog/19...f-going-vegan/

Source -
http://www.dentonvegancoop.com/why-veganism.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Veganism & Atheism dmaraz Vegan 4 15-05-2007 05:12 PM
"veganism" is religion Jay Santos Vegan 43 22-03-2005 04:14 PM
"veganism" is NOT about health Jay Santos Vegan 48 21-03-2005 07:08 PM
Veganism defended Alex Chernavsky Vegan 45 17-01-2005 12:05 AM
Depression and veganism tofubar Vegan 117 19-11-2003 07:04 AM