Mervyn Carter

Default Recipe request: Vegan Lemon Curd spread ?

Anyone seen a recipe for vegan lemon curd - most commercial ones use
eggs and milk products

Any suggestions would be welcomed
--
Thanks/cheers

Mervyn Carter
NB: Spam block in use - to reply direct change THATCHER to demon
MrFalafel

Mervyn Carter > wrote in message >...
> Anyone seen a recipe for vegan lemon curd - most commercial ones use
> eggs and milk products
>
> Any suggestions would be welcomed

From those nice folks in essex:
http://www.veganessex.org.uk/recipes...pe?RecipeId=33

Ingredients
Grated rind and juice of 4 lemons (unwaxed)
4oz Vegan margarine
12oz castor sugar
1 sachet Vege Gel by supercook
Egg replacer equilivant of 4 eggs

Method
1) Place all the ingredients except the Vege Gel in the top of a
double saucepan or in a bowl standing over a pan of simmering water.

2) Stir until the sugar has dissolved and continue heating gently for
about 20 minutes, Until the curd thickens.

3) If the curd does not thicken put the Vege gel powder in a jug and
add a little of the hot curd to it and stir well, then add this to the
bowl of curd and stir until slightly thick.

4) Meanwhile have 2 jamjars warm an the oven ready to pour the curd
into,cover the jars with clingfilm.
twistyleg

(MrFalafel) wrote in message . com>...
> Mervyn Carter > wrote in message >...
> > Anyone seen a recipe for vegan lemon curd - most commercial ones use
> > eggs and milk products
> >
> > Any suggestions would be welcomed

> From those nice folks in essex:

http://www.veganessex.org.uk/recipes...pe?RecipeId=33

> Ingredients
> Grated rind and juice of 4 lemons (unwaxed)
> 4oz Vegan margarine
> 12oz castor sugar
> 1 sachet Vege Gel by supercook
> Egg replacer equilivant of 4 eggs
>
> Method
> 1) Place all the ingredients except the Vege Gel in the top of a
> double saucepan or in a bowl standing over a pan of simmering water.
>
> 2) Stir until the sugar has dissolved and continue heating gently for
> about 20 minutes, Until the curd thickens.
>
> 3) If the curd does not thicken put the Vege gel powder in a jug and
> add a little of the hot curd to it and stir well, then add this to the
> bowl of curd and stir until slightly thick.
>
> 4) Meanwhile have 2 jamjars warm an the oven ready to pour the curd
> into,cover the jars with clingfilm.

Try this recipe, it is not a typical curd but it is good.
1 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice an zest from lemons
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp vegan margarine

mix sugar and cornstarch together in heavy bottom pan(preferably
stainless steel or copper since aluminum tends to turn sauces grey).
pour in coconut milk and lemon juice
wisk over med heat until thick
boil for at least a minute
pull off heat and add in margarine
cover surface with plastic wrap so no skin will form
enjoy in a pie shell or with cake

Lemon Yogurt Cake request and recipe sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 23-01-2011 12:34 AM
Lemon Curd Recipe Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-03-2005 01:46 PM
Vegan buttery-spread recipe wanted, please post Jack Blake Vegan 1 09-01-2005 05:20 AM
Recipe: Lemon curd-ish Pie N. Thornton Baking 0 11-04-2004 05:44 PM
looking for an eggless, butterless lemon curd recipe Susan Preserving 1 06-10-2003 12:56 AM