Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Jay Furr

Default Best citrus-oriented "zinger"-style herbal tea?

My wife likes the Celestial Seasonings "zinger" teas. To me, they taste
stale as soon as we take the shrink wrap off the box. Can anyone recommend
a loose tea that aims in the same general direction, lots of bold citrus
taste, as, say, the Tangerine Zinger C.S. tea?

--
"I wish people who had trouble communicating would just shut up."
-- Tom Lehrer

http://www.livejournal.com/users/jayfurr/
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Marlene Wood

add hibiscus to just about any herbal tea. that will add zing!!

"Jay Furr" > wrote in message
> My wife likes the Celestial Seasonings "zinger" teas. To me, they taste
> stale as soon as we take the shrink wrap off the box. Can anyone
> recommend
> a loose tea that aims in the same general direction, lots of bold citrus
> taste, as, say, the Tangerine Zinger C.S. tea?
>
> --
> "I wish people who had trouble communicating would just shut up."
> -- Tom Lehrer
>
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/jayfurr/

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
toci

TAZO has Wild Sweet Orange herbal infusion. I think it's pretty much
the same as the Zingers, not better nor worse. These are all tisanes,
I believe. If you want a flavored tea, I'd try Constant Comment. Toci

Jay Furr wrote:
> My wife likes the Celestial Seasonings "zinger" teas. To me, they taste
> stale as soon as we take the shrink wrap off the box. Can anyone recommend
> a loose tea that aims in the same general direction, lots of bold citrus
> taste, as, say, the Tangerine Zinger C.S. tea?
>
> --
> "I wish people who had trouble communicating would just shut up."
> -- Tom Lehrer
>
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/jayfurr/

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant

[Michael, working upwards and backwards]
Or you could do it yourself with the spices from your spice
cabinet and the peels from the fruits in your ice-box. Your
result will be personal and tastier, I guarantee it. (Do they
still have ice-boxes?)