FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Best citrus-oriented "zinger"-style herbal tea? (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/73313-best-citrus-oriented-zinger.html)

Jay Furr 02-11-2005 03:12 AM

Best citrus-oriented "zinger"-style herbal tea?

My wife likes the Celestial Seasonings "zinger" teas. To me, they taste
stale as soon as we take the shrink wrap off the box. Can anyone recommend
a loose tea that aims in the same general direction, lots of bold citrus
taste, as, say, the Tangerine Zinger C.S. tea?

--
"I wish people who had trouble communicating would just shut up."
-- Tom Lehrer

http://www.livejournal.com/users/jayfurr/

Marlene Wood 02-11-2005 07:37 AM

Best citrus-oriented "zinger"-style herbal tea?

add hibiscus to just about any herbal tea. that will add zing!!

toci 02-11-2005 01:52 PM

Best citrus-oriented "zinger"-style herbal tea?

TAZO has Wild Sweet Orange herbal infusion. I think it's pretty much
the same as the Zingers, not better nor worse. These are all tisanes,
I believe. If you want a flavored tea, I'd try Constant Comment. Toci

Michael Plant 02-11-2005 02:25 PM

Best citrus-oriented "zinger"-style herbal tea?

[Michael, working upwards and backwards]
Or you could do it yourself with the spices from your spice
cabinet and the peels from the fruits in your ice-box. Your
result will be personal and tastier, I guarantee it. (Do they
still have ice-boxes?)

[Toci]