Tea

Default It's tea season!

It's fall, which means that for me, it's tea season. I'm working my way
through some teas I've had for a pit too long- I finished the Christmas Tea
from Bejeteman and Barton that I received as a gift a while back, and I have
to finish my very large container of rose pouchong from Harrods. I also
finished my Typhoo- it's time to get a new pick me up tea. The Vietnamese
green I have will help keep me awake, but it will be time for tea shopping
again soon.

I'm thinking of getting a good Assam- I'm not sure if I want to get it
locally or not. I may treat myself and go to Fauchon, or to one of the
other tea shops in town. Or maybe I'll just work my way through my gren
teas- for some reason I love green teas in winter, maybe because they remind
me of warm fires, comfort, and a hint of spring. I also love English-style
teas in winter- there's something about milk in tea that makes me feel like
curling up witha good book. The same is true of tea with lemon. While my
tastes have gotten a bit more sophisticated over the years, I still like
Twining's English Breakfast (like being hit in the head with a soft brick)
and Prince of Wales, and Lapsang Souchong (heavy on the milk and sugar,
please).

Still, tea is a drink that is enhanced by having something with it. When
drinking English-style tea, I like to have at least a cookie- arrowroot is
nice and plain. If I want to get elaborate, I'll go for a piece of apple
tart. With tea I like the tart to be very simple. recently I received a
recipe that works well- a very light apple crostada with a light shaving of
Cheshire cheese on top, sweetened with honey and turbinado sugar. With
greens, I just like them alone, and usually in front of the computer on a
very cold night, especially if I have to stay up writing. When I'm grading
papers, I just want a Darjeeling or a good pekoe with sugar and lemon.

Right now I'm feeling tired- I had a busy day and I need to stay up and do
some work. I think it's going to be one of the presentation teas I bought
earlier this year, because I want to see the leaves unfold and think of
spring again.

pilo_

In article >,
"Tea" > wrote:

> The same is true of tea with lemon. While my
> tastes have gotten a bit more sophisticated over the years, I still like
> Twining's English Breakfast (like being hit in the head with a soft brick)
> and Prince of Wales, and Lapsang Souchong (heavy on the milk and sugar,
> please).

with tea, beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. enjoy the
teas that please you - life's too short for worrying about it.....p*
Tea

I agree. While I also buy other teas, Twinings' Lapsang is the tea
equivalent of a warm quilt. It brings back good memories that have nothing
to do with gourmet delights.