Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default What's in season???

The title is rather self explanatory. What kind of seafood is at it's
best now.....where you live? I'll not degrade people who live far away
from the ocean, given the considerable contribution of the jet
airplane.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

parrotheada1a wrote:
> The title is rather self explanatory. What kind of seafood is at it's
> best now.....where you live? I'll not degrade people who live far away
> from the ocean, given the considerable contribution of the jet
> airplane.

One of my favorites, ankimo. Go to Sushi Island in Wakefield and try
it, either as appetizer or gunkan maki. Very good.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

"parrotheada1a" > wrote in message
> The title is rather self explanatory. What kind of seafood is at it's
> best now.....where you live? I'll not degrade people who live far away
> from the ocean, given the considerable contribution of the jet
> airplane.

Japanese food stores in the NY area usually carry
Anko (monkfish), Ankimo (Monkfish liver), Ama Ebi (red shrimp)
and Shirako (Cod soft roe-the male oragans) from December
through early March. They aren't on the shelves after April.
These I believe are all from the US Northeast.

Musashi

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Musashi wrote:
> "parrotheada1a" > wrote in message
>
>>The title is rather self explanatory. What kind of seafood is at it's
>>best now.....where you live? I'll not degrade people who live far away
>>from the ocean, given the considerable contribution of the jet
>>airplane.

> Japanese food stores in the NY area usually carry
> Anko (monkfish), Ankimo (Monkfish liver), Ama Ebi (red shrimp)
> and Shirako (Cod soft roe-the male oragans) from December
> through early March. They aren't on the shelves after April.
> These I believe are all from the US Northeast.

We still get ankimo until mid to late Spring, but then its gone
until Winter. Ama ebi we have almoist year round, but my guess is
its frozen, not fresh. Certain types are available from time to
time, like Boton ebi.

I've only had Shirako a few times, and the second time was in Dec.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message
> Musashi wrote:
> > "parrotheada1a" > wrote in message

> >>The title is rather self explanatory. What kind of seafood is at it's
> >>best now.....where you live? I'll not degrade people who live far away
> >>from the ocean, given the considerable contribution of the jet
> >>airplane.

> > Japanese food stores in the NY area usually carry
> > Anko (monkfish), Ankimo (Monkfish liver), Ama Ebi (red shrimp)
> > and Shirako (Cod soft roe-the male oragans) from December
> > through early March. They aren't on the shelves after April.
> > These I believe are all from the US Northeast.

> We still get ankimo until mid to late Spring, but then its gone
> until Winter. Ama ebi we have almoist year round, but my guess is
> its frozen, not fresh. Certain types are available from time to
> time, like Boton ebi.
>
> I've only had Shirako a few times, and the second time was in Dec.
>
> --
> Dan

In Japan, winter is also the season for crab. You can buy Tarabagani (King
crab), Zuwaigani (snowcrab)
and Kegani (Hairy crab). The Japanese food store Mitsuwa in NJ carries crab
during the winter as well
but they are not "live" like the ones you can buy in Japanese fish markets.
I know that San Francisco has Dungeness crabs, and the East Coast from
Chesapeake Bay north to NJ/NY
has blue crabs, both hard shell and in the spring, the soft shells.
Do you have crabs in the fish stores in New England?

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Musashi wrote:

> In Japan, winter is also the season for crab. You can buy Tarabagani (King
> crab), Zuwaigani (snowcrab)
> and Kegani (Hairy crab). The Japanese food store Mitsuwa in NJ carries crab
> during the winter as well
> but they are not "live" like the ones you can buy in Japanese fish markets.
> I know that San Francisco has Dungeness crabs, and the East Coast from
> Chesapeake Bay north to NJ/NY
> has blue crabs, both hard shell and in the spring, the soft shells.
> Do you have crabs in the fish stores in New England?

I see blue crabs in Chinatown markets and the Super 88, as well as Rock Crab.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Wilson" > wrote in message
> sometime in the recent past Musashi posted this:
> The native crab that is regularly caught in Lobster traps in
> Maine are the Jonah crab (Cancer borealis) which look similar
> the to Dungeness crabs. The Jonah is the best tasting crab
> that I have ever eaten usually in crab rolls or seafood stews.
>
> Some fish markets carry the Jonah crabs up here, but never
> Blue crabs which have no flavor by comparison unless you
> season them up.

Ah, such local patriotism! I used to like the Chesapeake Bay
Blue Crab a lot but they are not available much because of
pollution and over-fishing. Crabs are messy things to eat and I
have never been sure if they are worth the effort or, these
days, the expense.

--
Jim Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Wilson wrote:
> sometime in the recent past Musashi posted this:

>>> We still get ankimo until mid to late Spring, but then its gone
>>> until Winter. Ama ebi we have almoist year round, but my guess is
>>> its frozen, not fresh. Certain types are available from time to
>>> time, like Boton ebi.
>>>
>>> I've only had Shirako a few times, and the second time was in Dec.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dan

>> In Japan, winter is also the season for crab. You can buy Tarabagani
>> (King
>> crab), Zuwaigani (snowcrab)
>> and Kegani (Hairy crab). The Japanese food store Mitsuwa in NJ carries
>> crab
>> during the winter as well
>> but they are not "live" like the ones you can buy in Japanese fish
>> markets.
>> I know that San Francisco has Dungeness crabs, and the East Coast from
>> Chesapeake Bay north to NJ/NY
>> has blue crabs, both hard shell and in the spring, the soft shells.
>> Do you have crabs in the fish stores in New England?

> The native crab that is regularly caught in Lobster traps in Maine are
> the Jonah crab (Cancer borealis) which look similar the to Dungeness
> crabs. The Jonah is the best tasting crab that I have ever eaten usually
> in crab rolls or seafood stews.
>
> Some fish markets carry the Jonah crabs up here, but never Blue crabs
> which have no flavor by comparison unless you season them up.

Yeah, Jonah crab are the orange colored ones.. I thought those were Rock crab.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Wilson" > wrote in message
> sometime in the recent past Musashi posted this:

away

> >> We still get ankimo until mid to late Spring, but then its gone
> >> until Winter. Ama ebi we have almoist year round, but my guess is
> >> its frozen, not fresh. Certain types are available from time to
> >> time, like Boton ebi.
> >>
> >> I've only had Shirako a few times, and the second time was in Dec.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dan

> > In Japan, winter is also the season for crab. You can buy Tarabagani

(King
> > crab), Zuwaigani (snowcrab)
> > and Kegani (Hairy crab). The Japanese food store Mitsuwa in NJ carries

crab
> > during the winter as well
> > but they are not "live" like the ones you can buy in Japanese fish

markets.
> > I know that San Francisco has Dungeness crabs, and the East Coast from
> > Chesapeake Bay north to NJ/NY
> > has blue crabs, both hard shell and in the spring, the soft shells.
> > Do you have crabs in the fish stores in New England?

> The native crab that is regularly caught in Lobster traps in Maine
> are the Jonah crab (Cancer borealis) which look similar the to
> Dungeness crabs. The Jonah is the best tasting crab that I have
> ever eaten usually in crab rolls or seafood stews.
>
> Some fish markets carry the Jonah crabs up here, but never Blue
> crabs which have no flavor by comparison unless you season them up.
>
> --
> Wilson N45 W67

Thank you for the info.
I found a site where one can order live Jonah crabs.
http://www.thefreshlobstercompany.co...roduct_Count=3

The Jonah Crab seems to resemble a bit the European Edible Crab which I've
had in London with
their traditional Mayonaise.
http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Cancer.htm

I do differ in opinion as regards the Blue Crab, as I find them very tasty
on their own, without any spicy "crab boils".
I find the taste of the meat distinctive, different from Dungeness and long
legged Alaskan species.
In Japan, the Blue Crabs are called Watarigani (Migratory Crabs) because of
their swim paddles and the belief
(not found to be incorrect) that they migrated like schools of fish. Most
commonly Blue Crabs are used for Miso soup.

Musashi

Posted to alt.food.sushi

Wilson wrote:
> sometime in the recent past Musashi posted this:
>> "Wilson" > wrote in message
>>> sometime in the recent past Musashi posted this:

>> away

>> (King

>> crab

>> markets.

>>> The native crab that is regularly caught in Lobster traps in Maine
>>> are the Jonah crab (Cancer borealis) which look similar the to
>>> Dungeness crabs. The Jonah is the best tasting crab that I have
>>> ever eaten usually in crab rolls or seafood stews.
>>>
>>> Some fish markets carry the Jonah crabs up here, but never Blue
>>> crabs which have no flavor by comparison unless you season them up.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wilson N45 W67

>> Thank you for the info.
>> I found a site where one can order live Jonah crabs.
>> http://www.thefreshlobstercompany.co...roduct_Count=3
>>

>> The Jonah Crab seems to resemble a bit the European Edible Crab which
>> I've
>> had in London with
>> their traditional Mayonaise.
>> http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Cancer.htm
>>
>> I do differ in opinion as regards the Blue Crab, as I find them very
>> tasty
>> on their own, without any spicy "crab boils".
>> I find the taste of the meat distinctive, different from Dungeness and
>> long
>> legged Alaskan species.
>> In Japan, the Blue Crabs are called Watarigani (Migratory Crabs)
>> because of
>> their swim paddles and the belief
>> (not found to be incorrect) that they migrated like schools of fish. Most
>> commonly Blue Crabs are used for Miso soup.
>>
>> Musashi
>>

> I've never had a chance to try Blue Crab side-by-side with Jonah Crabs.
> I'd like to see how two equal piles would fare in a comparison test. But
> I've eaten prize winning Blue 'crab cakes' at Angelina's in Baltimore
> (after driving around Maryland twice) and was disappointed. I made the
> mistake of ordering a Crab Roll from an eatery in Searsport, Maine,
> expecting Jonah Crab. What I got was gray meat, no mayo, and most likely
> frozen, tasteless crab. When I read the fine print, I realized it was
> Blue Crab.
>
> Locally, I buy fresh picked Jonah for $12/lb. a couple of times a year
> (it took me 3 hours to pick out a dozen!) We almost always have them in
> butter toasted New England style hot dog rolls (no crust on the sides,
> only top & bottom) with lettuce & a bit of mayo. It's what we do for the
> Fourth of July instead of lobster.
>
> Again, IMHO, they are superior.
>
> On another note, I have a client who runs a boat tending urchin divers
> and next week, he's promised to get me some fresh-that-day urchins to
> try. Hopefully, it happens and then I'll report back. God, I love
> seafood! Bon appetite.

I can't tell you how jealous I am for the fresh uni. I used to have a
source in Maine who would overnight me urchins right off the boat, but
no more It's a totally different experience opening your own urchin
and feasting of fresh uni. Ah, the memories!

Warren

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ ...><((((º>
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/ The Sushi Otaku Blog

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2008-03-06 11:09:52 -0800, "James Silverton"
> said:

> "Wilson" > wrote in message
>> sometime in the recent past Musashi posted this:
>> The native crab that is regularly caught in Lobster traps in Maine are
>> the Jonah crab (Cancer borealis) which look similar the to Dungeness
>> crabs. The Jonah is the best tasting crab that I have ever eaten
>> usually in crab rolls or seafood stews.
>>
>> Some fish markets carry the Jonah crabs up here, but never Blue crabs
>> which have no flavor by comparison unless you season them up.
>>

> Ah, such local patriotism! I used to like the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab
> a lot but they are not available much because of pollution and
> over-fishing. Crabs are messy things to eat and I have never been sure
> if they are worth the effort or, these days, the expense.

Having spent most of my life in Maryland I'd say Blue crab (seasoned or
otherwise) is the tastiest of the crabs I've ever eaten. They are a
*lot* of work to eat as they are relatively small.

Now that I live in the lovely Pacific North West I find the Dungeness
crab to be rather bland in comparison. Being close to Alaska has
advantages for nice fresh Snow and King crab though, which are
infinitely easier to eat due to their size.
--

thepixelfreak

Posted to alt.food.sushi

They used to have Hudson River blue crab festivals every year in NY.

"It's a totally different experience opening your own urchin
and feasting of fresh uni"

That is the truth. The uni that I've had in Japanese restaurants has
been but a very pale imitation.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

> wrote in message
> They used to have Hudson River blue crab festivals every year
> in NY.
>
> "It's a totally different experience opening your own urchin
> and feasting of fresh uni"
>
> That is the truth. The uni that I've had in Japanese
> restaurants has
> been but a very pale imitation.

Is not uni at its very best when the freshly caught shellfish is
handed to you on the beach by the fisherman who caught it?

A question that occurs to me is whether that informal activity
is eating sushi?

--
Jim Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.sushi

> wrote in message
> They used to have Hudson River blue crab festivals every year in NY.
>
> "It's a totally different experience opening your own urchin
> and feasting of fresh uni"
>
> That is the truth. The uni that I've had in Japanese restaurants has
> been but a very pale imitation.

Nearly all shellfish I can think of drop in quality very quickly from
the time they are harvested.
The drop in flavor of uni has, in Japan resulted in the recent trend of
packing and
shipping uni (shelled) in sea water. Once ina while I see these packages
here in the NY area.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
> > They used to have Hudson River blue crab festivals every year
> > in NY.
> >
> > "It's a totally different experience opening your own urchin
> > and feasting of fresh uni"
> >
> > That is the truth. The uni that I've had in Japanese
> > restaurants has
> > been but a very pale imitation.

> Is not uni at its very best when the freshly caught shellfish is
> handed to you on the beach by the fisherman who caught it?
>
> A question that occurs to me is whether that informal activity
> is eating sushi?

No it isn't. To eat sushi, one must have su(vinegar) shi (from meshi,
meaning rice).
If you enjoyed a fresh just caught fish in raw form, you'd be eating
sashimi.
Sashimi, while meaning raw fish, does cover shellfish, but the word comes
from the
slicing. In the case of uni, you wouldn't be eating sashimi, you;d be eating
"Nama Uni"; ie; eating raw uni.

Now, if you took that fresh caught uni and threw it on top of a bowl of
sushi rice,
yes, you'd absolutely be eating sushi.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:27:23 -0500, "Musashi" >
wrote:

> If you enjoyed a fresh just caught fish in raw form, you'd be eating
> sashimi.

Or even if you didn't enjoy it. ;-)

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Mar 6, 3:04 pm, Dan Logcher > wrote:
> Wilson wrote:
> > sometime in the recent past Musashi posted this:

> >> In Japan, winter is also the season for crab. You can buy Tarabagani
> >> (King
> >> crab), Zuwaigani (snowcrab)
> >> and Kegani (Hairy crab). The Japanese food store Mitsuwa in NJ carries
> >> crab
> >> during the winter as well
> >> but they are not "live" like the ones you can buy in Japanese fish
> >> markets.
> >> I know that San Francisco has Dungeness crabs, and the East Coast from
> >> Chesapeake Bay north to NJ/NY
> >> has blue crabs, both hard shell and in the spring, the soft shells.
> >> Do you have crabs in the fish stores in New England?

> > The native crab that is regularly caught in Lobster traps in Maine are
> > the Jonah crab (Cancer borealis) which look similar the to Dungeness
> > crabs. The Jonah is the best tasting crab that I have ever eaten usually
> > in crab rolls or seafood stews.

> > Some fish markets carry the Jonah crabs up here, but never Blue crabs
> > which have no flavor by comparison unless you season them up.

> Yeah, Jonah crab are the orange colored ones.. I thought those were Rock crab.
>
> --
> Dan

Jonah & rock crab are usually the same species at the market. I can
get these mostly year round, they are usually the bycatch in lobster
traps. They are tough work though, picking crabmeat is a tedious task
at best.
Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Ken Blake" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:27:23 -0500, "Musashi" >
> wrote:
>
> > If you enjoyed a fresh just caught fish in raw form, you'd be eating
> > sashimi.

> Or even if you didn't enjoy it. ;-)
>
> --
> Ken Blake
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Aha. Very true Mr Blake.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:58:44 GMT, "Musashi" >
wrote:

>I do differ in opinion as regards the Blue Crab, as I find them very tasty
>on their own, without any spicy "crab boils".
>I find the taste of the meat distinctive, different from Dungeness and long
>legged Alaskan species.
>In Japan, the Blue Crabs are called Watarigani (Migratory Crabs) because of
>their swim paddles and the belief
>(not found to be incorrect) that they migrated like schools of fish. Most
>commonly Blue Crabs are used for Miso soup.
>
>Musashi

In the Jacksonville, Florida area, live blue crab is available almost
all year at any bait shop and fish store.

We in the South do like our spicy flavorings. It's a cultural thing
here. I've lived here now for over 30 years and have gotten used to
the strong flavors of Southern cooking. It's not "bad", just
different.

You'll not find a cupboard in the south that doesn't have "Old Bay" in
it. I use the stuff in many recipes.

I prefer to go crabbing and catch my own. It's easy. We use crab lines
with chicken neck or backs on them. In a few hours, you can catch 20
of them easily.

There is one local lake that has a spill-over from the Intra-coastal
waterway that creates a lake that from north to south is fresh,
brackish, and sal****er. The brackish end has so many kinds of fish in
it that it can be a nightmare of licensing. Hook type, bait type, time
of year....you need a lawyer to go fishing there.

Local Blue crab is abundant and very, very tasty. The Jimmies can be
as much as 10 inches across. The roe (mustard) is awesomely good when
spread on a fresh steaming bite of crab meat.

While pulling in a crab line one time, I had a small 3 foot gator swim
up and start helping me pull my lines. I let him have them and slowly
backed out of the lake. I was up to my waist in the water and hoped
that his Mom or Dad wasn't in the area. The 20 or so Vietnamese that
were crabbing in the next area were all pointing and yelling at me. I
think they were telling me that I was insane.

Gator tail is really good also...cooked with Old Bay of course.....
Posted to alt.food.sushi

Musashi wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> They used to have Hudson River blue crab festivals every year in NY.
>>
>> "It's a totally different experience opening your own urchin
>> and feasting of fresh uni"
>>
>> That is the truth. The uni that I've had in Japanese restaurants has
>> been but a very pale imitation.

> Nearly all shellfish I can think of drop in quality very quickly from
> the time they are harvested.
> The drop in flavor of uni has, in Japan resulted in the recent trend of
> packing and
> shipping uni (shelled) in sea water. Once ina while I see these packages
> here in the NY area.

I would think that would dilute the flavor, no? Or is it that all the
salt in the water gets into the uni which enhances what is lost... hmmmm....

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ ...><((((º>
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/ The Sushi Otaku Blog
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiyapedia/ Sushi-Ya-Pedia Restaurant Finder
HTTP://www.theteafaq.com/ The Tea FAQ
HTTP://www.jerkyfaq.com/ The Jerky FAQ
HTTP://www.omega3faq.com/ The Omega 3 Fatty Acids FAQ

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Warren" > wrote in message
> Musashi wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> They used to have Hudson River blue crab festivals every year in NY.
>>>
>>> "It's a totally different experience opening your own urchin
>>> and feasting of fresh uni"
>>>
>>> That is the truth. The uni that I've had in Japanese restaurants has
>>> been but a very pale imitation.

>> Nearly all shellfish I can think of drop in quality very quickly from
>> the time they are harvested.
>> The drop in flavor of uni has, in Japan resulted in the recent trend of
>> packing and
>> shipping uni (shelled) in sea water. Once ina while I see these packages
>> here in the NY area.
>>

> I would think that would dilute the flavor, no? Or is it that all the salt
> in the water gets into the uni which enhances what is lost... hmmmm....

I seriously doubt this method would be in practice now if it diluted the
flavor
since the objective was to reduce the loss of flavor. I've never tried it
yet myself
but it was even covered on a TV program showing the packing process.
But I will admit that after decades of seeing the familar uni packed on wood
boxes,
seeing the uni sort of "floating around" in seawater does seem unusual.

Posted to alt.food.sushi

"Merlin" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:58:44 GMT, "Musashi" >
> wrote:
>
>>I do differ in opinion as regards the Blue Crab, as I find them very tasty
>>on their own, without any spicy "crab boils".
>>I find the taste of the meat distinctive, different from Dungeness and
>>long
>>legged Alaskan species.
>>In Japan, the Blue Crabs are called Watarigani (Migratory Crabs) because
>>of
>>their swim paddles and the belief
>>(not found to be incorrect) that they migrated like schools of fish. Most
>>commonly Blue Crabs are used for Miso soup.
>>
>>Musashi

> In the Jacksonville, Florida area, live blue crab is available almost
> all year at any bait shop and fish store.
>
> We in the South do like our spicy flavorings. It's a cultural thing
> here. I've lived here now for over 30 years and have gotten used to
> the strong flavors of Southern cooking. It's not "bad", just
> different.
>
> You'll not find a cupboard in the south that doesn't have "Old Bay" in
> it. I use the stuff in many recipes.
>
> I prefer to go crabbing and catch my own. It's easy. We use crab lines
> with chicken neck or backs on them. In a few hours, you can catch 20
> of them easily.
>
> There is one local lake that has a spill-over from the Intra-coastal
> waterway that creates a lake that from north to south is fresh,
> brackish, and sal****er. The brackish end has so many kinds of fish in
> it that it can be a nightmare of licensing. Hook type, bait type, time
> of year....you need a lawyer to go fishing there.
>
> Local Blue crab is abundant and very, very tasty. The Jimmies can be
> as much as 10 inches across. The roe (mustard) is awesomely good when
> spread on a fresh steaming bite of crab meat.
>
> While pulling in a crab line one time, I had a small 3 foot gator swim
> up and start helping me pull my lines. I let him have them and slowly
> backed out of the lake. I was up to my waist in the water and hoped
> that his Mom or Dad wasn't in the area. The 20 or so Vietnamese that
> were crabbing in the next area were all pointing and yelling at me. I
> think they were telling me that I was insane.
>
> Gator tail is really good also...cooked with Old Bay of course.....

This is the first time I've read of the crab tomalley being enjoyed in the
US.
Of course I've known for a long time that Lobster lovers cherish the
tomalley.
In Japan, it's called Kani Miso (crab miso) and prized. Some sushi places
will
even serve it as nigirizushi.
In Florida once I ate alligator. While I was expecting a chicken-like
experience, not
because everything is suppose to taste like chicken, but that reptiles and
birds aren't
all that far away from each other, instead I remember it reminded me of
veal.
Oh and believe it or not, in my shelf behind the Sanshou, Shichimi,
Yuzigoshou and
all the Japanese spices, I do have a rather retro-looking can of Old Bay
seasoning.
I think I had last used it to make Lousiana Catfish from the Legal seafoods
cookbook.

Musashi

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:10:51 GMT, "Musashi" >
wrote:

>"Merlin" > wrote in message
.. .
> [...]

>Of course I've known for a long time that Lobster lovers cherish the
>tomalley.
>In Japan, it's called Kani Miso (crab miso) and prized. Some sushi places
>will
>even serve it as nigirizushi.
>In Florida once I ate alligator. While I was expecting a chicken-like
>experience, not
>because everything is suppose to taste like chicken, but that reptiles and
>birds aren't
>all that far away from each other, instead I remember it reminded me of
>veal.
>Oh and believe it or not, in my shelf behind the Sanshou, Shichimi,
>Yuzigoshou and
>all the Japanese spices, I do have a rather retro-looking can of Old Bay
>seasoning.
>I think I had last used it to make Lousiana Catfish from the Legal seafoods

Hey, the mustard is one of the best flavors I've ever experienced.

That and firmly sucking out the crawdad head while you crush it, after
slightly chewing the oldbay cooked flesh.

You've simply not lived until you try this.

Shrimp heads are very, very good too.

Really? You never heard of anyone loving the crab mustard?

Y'all gotta come on down here more often.