Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Remarkable Surprise

I was given a bag of Kirkland Green Tea from Costco and I was shocked to
find it was actual matcha. Not good matcha; it's not aromatic like the
higher grade stuff, but it definitely has that characteristic flavour.
It's nothing wonderful but it's entirely drinkable which is a lot more
than I was expecting.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Lewis Perin > wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) writes:

>>I was given a bag of Kirkland Green Tea from Costco and I was shocked to
>>find it was actual matcha. Not good matcha; it's not aromatic like the
>>higher grade stuff, but it definitely has that characteristic flavour.
>>It's nothing wonderful but it's entirely drinkable which is a lot more
>>than I was expecting.

>How much is in the bag? How are you going to store it so itll stay
>drinkable?

These things are actually teabags, with a coarsely ground matcha in them,
as well as with powder outside the bag in the same envelope. The notion
is that you're supposed to put the teabag into the tea to steep and then
add the powder from the same package. It works better than I'd ever have
expected.
--scott

Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child. By Bob Spitz. Knopf Bob O'Dyne General Cooking 3 20-08-2012 02:21 PM
A most remarkable lady. martin General Cooking 9 31-01-2010 10:29 PM
TN I like a Rheingau more than a Rhone white (surprise, surprise) DaleW Wine 11 16-09-2007 02:50 AM
SAL: remarkable service! Dog Ma 1 Tea 1 05-09-2005 05:36 PM
A surprise Cindy Fuller General Cooking 14 29-07-2004 05:26 AM