Cindy Fuller

Default A surprise

The "upper 40" of our backyard is a tough place. It's shadowed on all
sides by trees, shrubbery, and a steep embankment. Grass is sparse up
there--I'm tempted to put clover seed up there and say the hell with
mowing. We pretty much ignore it. At the very back of the yard is a
tree that was mighty scruffy last year. I thought the drought would
finish it off, but it came back with a vengeance this year. Lo and
behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more ripening
on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life is good.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Michael Odom

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:34:40 GMT, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

>The "upper 40" of our backyard is a tough place. It's shadowed on all
>sides by trees, shrubbery, and a steep embankment. Grass is sparse up
>there--I'm tempted to put clover seed up there and say the hell with
>mowing. We pretty much ignore it. At the very back of the yard is a
>tree that was mighty scruffy last year. I thought the drought would
>finish it off, but it came back with a vengeance this year. Lo and
>behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
>picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more ripening
>on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life is good.
>
>Cindy

Yup, summer is a blessing. Good food and fresh, to boot.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Michael Odom

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:34:40 GMT, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

>The "upper 40" of our backyard is a tough place. It's shadowed on all
>sides by trees, shrubbery, and a steep embankment. Grass is sparse up
>there--I'm tempted to put clover seed up there and say the hell with
>mowing. We pretty much ignore it. At the very back of the yard is a
>tree that was mighty scruffy last year. I thought the drought would
>finish it off, but it came back with a vengeance this year. Lo and
>behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
>picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more ripening
>on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life is good.
>
>Cindy

Yup, summer is a blessing. Good food and fresh, to boot.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
PENMART01

>Michael Odom comma-tossed:
>
>>Cindy Fuller wrote:
>>
>>The "upper 40" of our backyard is a tough place. It's shadowed on all
>>sides by trees, shrubbery, and a steep embankment. Grass is sparse up
>>there--I'm tempted to put clover seed up there and say the hell with
>>mowing. We pretty much ignore it. At the very back of the yard is a
>>tree that was mighty scruffy last year. I thought the drought would
>>finish it off, but it came back with a vengeance this year. Lo and
>>behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
>>picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more ripening
>>on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life is good.

>Yup, summer is a blessing. Good food and fresh, to boot.

Um, why would you want to kick good fresh food?!?!?

Um, try it this way: Good food, and fresh to boot.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Michael Odom comma-tossed:
>
>>Cindy Fuller wrote:
>>
>>The "upper 40" of our backyard is a tough place. It's shadowed on all
>>sides by trees, shrubbery, and a steep embankment. Grass is sparse up
>>there--I'm tempted to put clover seed up there and say the hell with
>>mowing. We pretty much ignore it. At the very back of the yard is a
>>tree that was mighty scruffy last year. I thought the drought would
>>finish it off, but it came back with a vengeance this year. Lo and
>>behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
>>picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more ripening
>>on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life is good.

>Yup, summer is a blessing. Good food and fresh, to boot.

Um, why would you want to kick good fresh food?!?!?

Um, try it this way: Good food, and fresh to boot.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

jmcquown

Cindy Fuller wrote:
year. Lo and
> behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
> picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more
> ripening on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life
> is good.
>
> Cindy

What a pleasant surprise, Cindy! Congrats! Now take care of that tree

Jill

jmcquown

Cindy Fuller wrote:
year. Lo and
> behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
> picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more
> ripening on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life
> is good.
>
> Cindy

What a pleasant surprise, Cindy! Congrats! Now take care of that tree

Jill

Ranee Mueller

In article
Cindy Fuller > wrote:

> The "upper 40" of our backyard is a tough place. It's shadowed on all
> sides by trees, shrubbery, and a steep embankment. Grass is sparse up
> there--I'm tempted to put clover seed up there and say the hell with
> mowing. We pretty much ignore it. At the very back of the yard is a
> tree that was mighty scruffy last year. I thought the drought would
> finish it off, but it came back with a vengeance this year. Lo and
> behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
> picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more ripening
> on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life is good.
>
> Cindy

Alright Cindy, hand em over. I need apricots.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
Cindy Fuller

In article >,
Ranee Mueller > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Cindy Fuller > wrote:
>
> > The "upper 40" of our backyard is a tough place. It's shadowed on all
> > sides by trees, shrubbery, and a steep embankment. Grass is sparse up
> > there--I'm tempted to put clover seed up there and say the hell with
> > mowing. We pretty much ignore it. At the very back of the yard is a
> > tree that was mighty scruffy last year. I thought the drought would
> > finish it off, but it came back with a vengeance this year. Lo and
> > behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
> > picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more ripening
> > on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life is good.
> >
> > Cindy

> Alright Cindy, hand em over. I need apricots.

Don't get too excited. There aren't many, since the squirrels and birds
beat me to them. However, those that are there are choice. One was so
juicy I had to eat it over the sink today. I'll have to figure out what
to do to get the tree to bear lots of fruit next year, then we can have
an apricot festival. (BYOL--bring your own ladder.)

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Cindy Fuller

In article >,
Ranee Mueller > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Cindy Fuller > wrote:
>
> > The "upper 40" of our backyard is a tough place. It's shadowed on all
> > sides by trees, shrubbery, and a steep embankment. Grass is sparse up
> > there--I'm tempted to put clover seed up there and say the hell with
> > mowing. We pretty much ignore it. At the very back of the yard is a
> > tree that was mighty scruffy last year. I thought the drought would
> > finish it off, but it came back with a vengeance this year. Lo and
> > behold, it turns out to be an apricot tree that is bearing fruit. I
> > picked half a dozen apricots off it today, and have a few more ripening
> > on it. Between this and the ubiquitous blackberries, life is good.
> >
> > Cindy

> Alright Cindy, hand em over. I need apricots.

Don't get too excited. There aren't many, since the squirrels and birds
beat me to them. However, those that are there are choice. One was so
juicy I had to eat it over the sink today. I'll have to figure out what
to do to get the tree to bear lots of fruit next year, then we can have
an apricot festival. (BYOL--bring your own ladder.)

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Thelma Lubkin

Cindy Fuller > wrote:
: In article >,
: Don't get too excited. There aren't many, since the squirrels and birds
: beat me to them. However, those that are there are choice. One was so
: juicy I had to eat it over the sink today. I'll have to figure out what
: to do to get the tree to bear lots of fruit next year, then we can have
: an apricot festival. (BYOL--bring your own ladder.)

Our apricot tree bears only every other year. There's nary
a one up there now. The tree was supposed to be a dwarf,
but it escaped and is now taller than our 2 story+3rd floor-
attic house.

Last year it bore so heavily that we begged all the
neighbors to take as many as they could use; we brought
bucketfuls to friends; we filled our refrigerator so full
of them that I couldn't buy staple foods for a while; we
ate ourselves sick whenever we got into the back yard [every
day for about 2 weeks]; we tried to can some -- and
discovered that canning covers should not be reused -- a
huge jar burst and spewed our 'preserved' apricots all over
the pantry floor, and still hundreds of fruit rotted on the
ground, even though we were sharing with the birds
and the ants and the squirrels.

They are wonderful apricots...
--thelma

: Cindy