Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv

Default A most remarkable lady.

Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.

http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html

Martin

Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv

On Jan 27, 3:23*pm, martin > wrote:
> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
> dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
> when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
> Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
> servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
> between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
> that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.
>
> http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html
>
> Martin

Yeah but..........could she make a decent sloppy joe????????????
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics

martin wrote:
> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
> dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
> when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
> Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
> servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
> between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
> that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.
>
> http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html
>
> Martin

Also a most paradoxical woman. She dressed like a Hindu and worshiped an
Egyptian pharaoh who looked like a mulatto.
How can one be a Nazi, then dress like a Hindu and then worship an
Egyptian pharaoh.

Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics

On Jan 27, 4:51*pm, "Mr.Sandman" > wrote:
> martin wrote:
> > Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> > languages English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> > and Bengali but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
> > dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
> > when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
> > Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
> > servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
> > between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
> > that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.

> >http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html

> > Martin

> Also a most paradoxical woman. She dressed like a Hindu and worshiped an
> Egyptian pharaoh who looked like a mulatto.
> How can one be a Nazi, then dress like a Hindu and then worship an
> Egyptian pharaoh.

Most women can multitask.
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv

On Jan 27, 6:23*pm, martin > wrote:
> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> and Bengali

Can she suck a pea through a garden hose though???
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv

On Jan 27, 7:29*pm, " > wrote:
> On Jan 27, 6:23*pm, martin > wrote:
>
> > Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> > languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> > and Bengali

> Can she suck a pea through a garden hose though???

I've not experienced a woman who could not.

climber
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv

On Jan 27, 8:29*pm, " > wrote:
> On Jan 27, 6:23*pm, martin > wrote:
>
> > Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> > languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> > and Bengali

> Can she suck a pea through a garden hose though???

In this part of the country, it's, "Can she suck the chrome off a
trailer hitch?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv

On 1/27/2010 17:04, Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Jan 27, 3:23 pm, > wrote:
>> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
>> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
>> and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
>> dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
>> when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
>> Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
>> servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
>> between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
>> that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.
>>
>> http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html
>>
>> Martin

> Yeah but..........could she make a decent sloppy joe????????????

She could. She could bring home the bacon, and fry it up in a pan...

<'cuz she's a wooooooooooo-man, ba da da da BOMP...>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/28/2010 10:52 AM, Pennyaline wrote:
> On 1/27/2010 17:04, Chemo the Clown wrote:
>> On Jan 27, 3:23 pm, > wrote:
>>> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
>>> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
>>> and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
>>> dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
>>> when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
>>> Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
>>> servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth

>>> between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
>>> that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.
>>>
>>> http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html
>>>
>>> Martin

>> Yeah but..........could she make a decent sloppy joe????????????

> She could. She could bring home the bacon, and fry it up in a pan...
>
> <'cuz she's a wooooooooooo-man, ba da da da BOMP...>

She has competition on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DepressionCooking#p/p/

--
Dave S

Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child. By Bob Spitz. Knopf Bob O'Dyne General Cooking 3 20-08-2012 02:21 PM
Remarkable Surprise Scott Dorsey Tea 3 30-11-2011 01:44 AM
Hey jam lady (sometimes incorrectly called pickle lady) Chuck (in SC)[_2_] General Cooking 1 26-06-2007 04:55 PM
SAL: remarkable service! Dog Ma 1 Tea 1 05-09-2005 05:36 PM