General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default A most remarkable lady.

Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.

http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html

Martin

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,545
Default A most remarkable lady.

On Jan 27, 3:23*pm, martin > wrote:
> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
> dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
> when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
> Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
> servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
> between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
> that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.
>
> http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html
>
> Martin


Yeah but..........could she make a decent sloppy joe????????????
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default A most remarkable lady.

martin wrote:
> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
> dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
> when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
> Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
> servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
> between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
> that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.
>
> http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html
>
> Martin


Also a most paradoxical woman. She dressed like a Hindu and worshiped an
Egyptian pharaoh who looked like a mulatto.
How can one be a Nazi, then dress like a Hindu and then worship an
Egyptian pharaoh.

  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,545
Default A most remarkable lady.

On Jan 27, 4:51*pm, "Mr.Sandman" > wrote:
> martin wrote:
> > Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> > languages English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> > and Bengali but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
> > dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
> > when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
> > Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
> > servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
> > between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
> > that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.

>
> >http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html

>
> > Martin

>
> Also a most paradoxical woman. She dressed like a Hindu and worshiped an
> Egyptian pharaoh who looked like a mulatto.
> How can one be a Nazi, then dress like a Hindu and then worship an
> Egyptian pharaoh.


Most women can multitask.
  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default A most remarkable lady.

On Jan 27, 6:23*pm, martin > wrote:
> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> and Bengali



Can she suck a pea through a garden hose though???
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default A most remarkable lady.

On Jan 27, 7:29*pm, " > wrote:
> On Jan 27, 6:23*pm, martin > wrote:
>
> > Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> > languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> > and Bengali

>
> Can she suck a pea through a garden hose though???


I've not experienced a woman who could not.

climber
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.org.mensa,rec.food.cooking,alt.feminism,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,077
Default A most remarkable lady.

On Jan 27, 8:29*pm, " > wrote:
> On Jan 27, 6:23*pm, martin > wrote:
>
> > Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
> > languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
> > and Bengali

>
> Can she suck a pea through a garden hose though???


In this part of the country, it's, "Can she suck the chrome off a
trailer hitch?

--Bryan
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 480
Default A most remarkable lady.

On 1/27/2010 17:04, Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Jan 27, 3:23 pm, > wrote:
>> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
>> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
>> and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
>> dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
>> when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
>> Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
>> servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth
>> between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
>> that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.
>>
>> http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html
>>
>> Martin

>
> Yeah but..........could she make a decent sloppy joe????????????


She could. She could bring home the bacon, and fry it up in a pan...

<'cuz she's a wooooooooooo-man, ba da da da BOMP...>
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22
Default A most remarkable lady.

On 1/28/2010 10:52 AM, Pennyaline wrote:
> On 1/27/2010 17:04, Chemo the Clown wrote:
>> On Jan 27, 3:23 pm, > wrote:
>>> Third, she said that Savitri Devi was not just fluent in eight
>>> languages—English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Icelandic, Hindi,
>>> and Bengali—but that she had knowledge of nineteen other languages and
>>> dialects, including Russian and many Indian languages. She said that
>>> when Savitri Devi visited her house, she would converse with her in
>>> Greek, her husband and son in English, and address four Indian
>>> servants in their native dialects, moving effortlessly back and forth


>>> between all six languages. Her linguistic abilities alone indicate
>>> that Savitri Devi had an astonishingly high IQ.
>>>
>>> http://www.savitridevi.org/home.html
>>>
>>> Martin

>>
>> Yeah but..........could she make a decent sloppy joe????????????

>
> She could. She could bring home the bacon, and fry it up in a pan...
>
> <'cuz she's a wooooooooooo-man, ba da da da BOMP...>


She has competition on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DepressionCooking#p/p/

--
Dave S


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child. By Bob Spitz. Knopf Bob O'Dyne General Cooking 3 20-08-2012 02:21 PM
Remarkable Surprise Scott Dorsey Tea 3 30-11-2011 01:44 AM
Hey jam lady (sometimes incorrectly called pickle lady) Chuck (in SC)[_2_] General Cooking 1 26-06-2007 04:55 PM
SAL: remarkable service! Dog Ma 1 Tea 1 05-09-2005 05:36 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"