Old 08-02-2011, 10:13 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Why do you start drinking tea?

Why do you start drinking tea? Some people are attractive by the tea
aroma and some others believe tea is health and good for their body.
Today tea has become second popular beverage in the world. (The first
one is water)

In China, tea was not only aware and used in the long history but also
tea cultivation and tea plucking. However, why should Chinese start
drinking tea? How does the formation of drinking habits?

1, strongThe sacrifice:/strong The theory is that the tea and some
other plant was first used as a sacrifice, and later found tea is
harmless to eat. In doing so, it was "by the sacrifice, and fresh
vegetables, and medicinal" eventually become the drink.

2, strongMedicine:/strong The theory is that the tea "was
originally used as medicine into the human society." "a href="http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shennong" target="_blank"Shen Nong Herbs (神農本草
經)/a by" wrote: "Shen Nong tasted hundred herbs. One day, he had
seventy- two toxics and then detoxicated by tea.
img class="aligncenter" title="Shennong" src="http://
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Shennong3.jpg" alt=""
width="459" height="426" /
3, strongFood:/strong It is very easy to understand that the
ancient Chinese start eating tea leaf as one kind of vegetables and
then become drinking it.

4, strongSynchronization:/strong The first use of tea may be used
as chewing of food ,as a roast to cook the food and then become
gradually spice drink.
Comparison of these methods and accumulation eventually developed into
the habit of drinking tea.

No matter what theory you agree with, welcome to this wonderful tea
world. Cheers!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Feb 8, 3:13 pm, Chih Ting wrote:
[...]

I started by substituting tea, which I could drink without additives,
for coffee, which needed a sweetener and a huge amount of saturated
fat. Toci
Old 09-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Member

I drank tea since I was like 9 years old. It was bc I drank chamomille tea for inflammation. Coffee when I was like 19 bc everyone at my job drank coffee and I grabbed a cup one day that I was stressed out. I dont really drink it anymore. Just when i want to.
Old 15-02-2011, 07:57 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Hi Chih Ting,

Why do you start drinking tea? Some people are attractive by the tea
aroma and some others believe tea is health and good for their body.
Today tea has become second popular beverage in the world. (The first
one is water)

Taking the time to drink tea is one of the great thing I like. I find
in tea pleasure, quietness, relaxation. For both body and soul.
I like balanced teas with qi.

--
Julien 彳IE

La science consiste passer d'un 彋onnement l'autre.
(Aristote)
Old 18-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Member

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chih Ting View Post
[...]

I was brought up with tea. My whole family was always drinking tea. A cuppa at breakfast and one after dinner during the week. On weekends it'd be breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, mid afternoon and post dinner. Now as an adult I must drink at least 5 cups a day at the office, I couldn't really think of life without tea...
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.

Old 16-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Member

I ever take tea in cold season never in Hot season
by the way i like tea too much
Old 19-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Member

I Start Tea. Because I Loved to Drink tea in Winter weather. Tea is also hand for reduce tension purpose..
Old 24-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Member

i like tea some times
i mostly like to drink coffee
__________________
euifax
lendintree
Old 28-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Member

[...]

I started to drink tea as a calming drink before bed and when I wake up in the morning. I find that a mint or chamomile tea before bed is soothing, and in the morning a red tea is a good substitute for coffee.
Old 29-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Banned

Location: usa

[...]

I drink tea since my childhood and have the best one taste of that...
But now I also use the green tea and have the best one benefits of it.......

Old 08-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitchen-aide View Post
I started to drink tea as a calming drink before bed and when I wake up in the morning. I find that a mint or chamomile tea before bed is soothing, and in the morning a red tea is a good substitute for coffee.
I started to drink tea when I was a child, with my grandmothers. It meant warmth and closeness and being admitted into the adult world. I was away from it for a while, only drinking it occasionally with friends but got back into it when I discovered Upton's and all those fascinating teas. The tea world is so big and so interesting.
Old 18-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Member

Mostly it is use,due to its taste.And some people starts it to eliminate the depression and i also use it sometimes to eliminate pressure from mind and feel relaxation.It is helpful to create energy in your body.
Old 18-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Member

I cant remember the proper date but I have started drink tea since my childhood. It makes our day fresh.
Old 19-08-2011, 04:25 AM
Member

Mostly the tea is recommended to help replace the dependency on a morning coffee. It's not really necessary per say, but increasing your water intake will help with the cleanse in general.
Old 19-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Member

(The first one is water) Taking the time to drink tea is one of the great thing I like.(The first one is water) Taking the time to drink tea is one of the great thing I like.
I find in tea pleasure, quietness, relaxation,For both body and soul. I like balanced teas with qi

http://www.amovos.info/qinp1.jpg[/img]
http://www.amovos.info/qinp2.jpg[/img]
http://www.amovos.info/qinp3.jpg[/img]