Rick Chappell

Default Supermarket Tea

Hello. I've had a request for advice concerning what green tea to buy
at a Chinese supermarket. I get most of my tea either mail order,
bought overseas, or the traditional route (students' mothers).
Weren't there some posts recently about a market brand which is
usually pretty reliable?

Thanks, Rick.

"Edward Payson Weston, the great Pedestrian, finds in Tea and rest the
most effective restoratives. He once walked 5000 miles in 100 days, and
after each day's work, lectured on ' Tea versus Beer.'"

Space Cowboy

If someone recommends a particular label chances you won't find it in
your local Chinese supermarket. The big company brands are TenRen,
FooJoy and ABC Tea House. Chinese green tea is multiselection
lungching,chunmee,gunpowder etc. I'd only recommend mainland China
exports and stay away from Hongkong brands. Whenever I visit a
different Chinese supermarket I expect something new. The recent
discussion was about pricing. As I said before the price is usually
right so keep trying till you find something you like.

Jim