Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Almost new supermarket

We shopped at Joe V's Smart Shop today, for the second time. This was
our second time to shop there, and we will go back. If there is a H.E.B.
near you, there may be a Joe's

http://joevsmartshop.com/weekly_ad_houston.php

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/30/2013 2:52 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 16:40:43 -0500, Ema Nymton wrote:
>
>> We shopped at Joe V's Smart Shop today, for the second time. This was
>> our second time to shop there, and we will go back. If there is a H.E.B.
>> near you, there may be a Joe's
>>
>> http://joevsmartshop.com/weekly_ad_houston.php

> HEB's Joe V's was sued by Trader Joes and HEB won. I'm always
> promoting HEB here, and for good reason. They are the least Evil
> grocer in the U.S. with a good strategy.
>
> http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/s....html?page=all
>
> -sw

Glad that H.E.B won, but I would shop there no matter what the store was
named. It is hard to beat the quality of H.E.B's food, along with the
prices of Joe V's. You have to bag your own groceries, but that is fine
with me. We bought pork sausage which was 50 cents a pound, I will let
you know how that turns out when we cook it.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:38:27 AM UTC-7, Ema Nymton wrote:

Looks like they are only in the Houston area.

oh well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/30/2013 1:43 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:38:27 AM UTC-7, Ema Nymton wrote:
>
> Looks like they are only in the Houston area.
>
> oh well.

If Joe V's Smart Shop is successful, maybe they will expand to other
states. The store has a strange name, but then so does their parent
company, H.E.B, they have 315 stores in Texas and Mexico, and people
here love their stores.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> We shopped at Joe V's Smart Shop today, for the second time. This was our
> second time to shop there, and we will go back. If there is a H.E.B. near
> you, there may be a Joe's
>
> http://joevsmartshop.com/weekly_ad_houston.php
>
> Becca

so what is this, a smaller store owned by HEB?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/30/2013 4:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> Looks like they carry the same store branded items in the same
> packaging as HEB, and many of the prices are lower than regular HEB
> stores. Like they're undercutting themselves.
>
> Good for shopping sales, but I would probably need the bigger
> selection of a regular HEB.
>
> Current ad:
> http://joevsmartshop.com/weekly_ad_houston.php
>
> -sw

We were there twice, and some specials were not in their ad, like 50
cents per lb pork sausage, fresh baked bolillo rolls were 8 for $1, leg
quarters were 39 cents per pound, plantains 39 cents, Jiffy corn bread
mix were 3 for $1. Come for a visit Steve and we can visit supermarkets
and stuff.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/30/2013 4:41 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
>> We shopped at Joe V's Smart Shop today, for the second time. This was our
>> second time to shop there, and we will go back. If there is a H.E.B. near
>> you, there may be a Joe's
>>
>> http://joevsmartshop.com/weekly_ad_houston.php
>>
>> Becca

> so what is this, a smaller store owned by HEB?

We have an HEB one mile from our house, and Joe V's is larger than our
store. The first time we went there, the store was packed with people,
so packed you could barely move, but this time, we left at 7:30am to
avoid the crowd. It worked.

Becca

Supermarket for the 99% Mark Thorson General Cooking 5 22-01-2014 08:15 PM
Off to the supermarket George Shirley Preserving 0 10-11-2005 04:13 PM
Fun at the supermarket! Andy General Cooking 63 21-06-2005 01:21 PM
Supermarket Tea Rick Chappell Tea 1 27-07-2004 03:04 PM
"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food mrbog General Cooking 45 20-02-2004 10:06 PM