Posted to rec.food.preserving
George Shirley

Default Off to the supermarket

Since Miz Rita made us throw out all the frozen moussaka I'm off to the
market to buy aluminum pans and other fixin's for the stuff. Picked a
mess of Ichiban eggplant yesterday, about ten lbs worth it looks like so
I'm making moussaka for freezing today.

The Tatume squash (thanks a lot Bob Baron) is coming on like gangbusters
too. Picked four of them yesterday evening about 8 inches in diameter. I
swear those things are moving around and hiding under the big leaves.
We've already eaten four from last week so I've got to figure out what
to do with these four. Had six but managed to give away two to the
neighbors. Any ideas? Thought about just grating them and freezing in
vac bags to make squash bread, squash pies, etc. Hate to waste them and
most of my neighbors think the only squash in the world is either yellow
summer squash or zucchini. Personally I prefer the Tatume as it will
grow winter or summer and you can do lots of stuff with it.

George

Supermarket for the 99% Mark Thorson General Cooking 5 22-01-2014 08:15 PM
Almost new supermarket Ema Nymton General Cooking 8 30-06-2013 11:49 PM
Fun at the supermarket! Andy General Cooking 63 21-06-2005 01:21 PM
Supermarket Tea Rick Chappell Tea 1 27-07-2004 03:04 PM
"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food mrbog General Cooking 45 20-02-2004 10:06 PM