Ripon

Default Does Tea leaves reading culture exgist in US?

In Bangladesh-we some tea lovers practice tea leaves reading. It is
still a very rare king of practice around here. What about in US?

Ripon
(From bangladesh)
Derek

It was open stage night in rec.food.drink.tea, when Ripon stepped
up to the microphone and muttered:

> In Bangladesh-we some tea lovers practice tea leaves reading. It
> is still a very rare king of practice around here. What about
> in US?
>
> Ripon
> (From bangladesh)

It's uncommon but not unheard of in the U.S. It exists in
pagan/wiccan circles, and from the neighborhood psychic who also
reads palms (as in the hand, not the plants or handheld computers).

But most people (probably) still associate it with gypsies and
carnivals.

Then again, most people in the U.S. don't realize that Lipton
teabags are not the only way to prepare tea.

Derek

--

It's not "free" speech when I have to pay for the privilege
of listening to a message that I don't want to hear.
Ben Snyder

"Ripon" > wrote in message
om...
> In Bangladesh-we some tea lovers practice tea leaves reading. It is
> still a very rare king of practice around here. What about in US?

From my experience it is present, but quite rare. As one posted, yes it's
in some Pagan or Wiccan
circles, though most I know opt for other methods like Tarot or scrying.

I hear it's popular in Scotland and Wales, though I don't know for sure.

-ben

Loiskelly1

>In Bangladesh-we some tea lovers practice tea leaves reading. It is
>still a very rare king of practice around here. What about in US?

In the good 'ole US of A, we prefer a seldom used and highly misunderstood
technique called science.

--
Eschew obfuscation!

Dashing Starthistle

I bought a tea leaf reading book a while back and sometimes play with
reading leaves with my close friends.

"Taffy Stoker" > wrote in message
> On 1 Nov 2003 16:36:34 -0800, (Ripon) wrote:
>
> >In Bangladesh-we some tea lovers practice tea leaves reading. It is
> >still a very rare king of practice around here. What about in US?

> I am from Canada and when my mother passed away last year I found a
> book in her home on reading tea leaves.
>
> Lovely book and I kept it for myself to learn how to read leaves for
> fun (not profit..LOL)

Loiskelly1

>>In Bangladesh-we some tea lovers practice tea leaves reading. It is
>>still a very rare king of practice around here. What about in US?

In the good ole US of A, we prefer a little thing we like to call science.

-
Eschew obfuscation!

Natarajan Krishnaswami

On 23 Dec 2003 14:27:02 GMT, Loiskelly1 > wrote:
> In the good ole US of A, we prefer a little thing we like to call science.

I think you misspelt "television".

HTH,
N.
Rick Chappell

Loiskelly1 > wrote:
> In the good ole US of A, we prefer a little thing we like to call science.

That is true - in the US, we favor the modern. But when an old form
is preferred we very practically mask it with a new term. Thus we
practice cohabitation rather than fornication. Instead of operas we
attend musicals. And rather than reading tea leaves, we engage in
econometrics.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Best wishes,

Rick.

Rick Chappell, Ph.D. <> Professor, Dept. of Statistics and of
Biostatistics & Medical Informatics, University of Wisconsin Medical School
600 Highland Avenue, K6/430 <> Madison, WI 53792 USA
<> Work (608) 263-5572 <> FAX 263-1059 <> Home 233-3664
Christeana M

Hi all,

Barnes and Noble had a book, and a tea cup (covered with symbols), on sale
for about $17.00 when I was there last week.

Here are the 19 books they list on their website:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo... &cds2Pid=946

Cheers,
Christina

Anybody still reading here? Dusty[_3_] Sourdough 31 29-05-2016 05:35 PM
Has someone been reading RFC? sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 20-06-2013 08:59 PM
Reading tea leaves in a movie Space Cowboy Tea 0 16-11-2009 03:10 PM
Recommended Reading J F Winemaking 5 17-12-2004 11:59 PM
Reading SG from must R-D-C Winemaking 0 23-10-2004 10:51 PM