Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default ebay darjeeling

Looking on ebay for a source of first flush darjeeling tea and stumble
across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Organic-First-Fl...QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone bought form them before?
They mention it is from Goomtee estate, which I know ot be a
recommended garden in darjeeling,
Their ebay listing has all the official symbols as far as the
darjeeling tea's go and the organic certification
What do you guys think
I wasn't sure if their price seemed a bit low for 4oz of organic first
flush from goomtee

I am located in Chciago, if anyone knows of a store that sells first
flush darjeeling I'd be happy to know of its whereabouts
thanks for all the info

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

wrote:
> Looking on ebay for a source of first flush darjeeling tea and stumble
> across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Organic-First-Fl...QQcmdZViewItem

> Has anyone bought form them before?
> They mention it is from Goomtee estate, which I know ot be a
> recommended garden in darjeeling,
> Their ebay listing has all the official symbols as far as the
> darjeeling tea's go and the organic certification
> What do you guys think
> I wasn't sure if their price seemed a bit low for 4oz of organic first
> flush from goomtee

It does seem a little cheap for what they claim it to be. I'm sure it
is from Goomtee estate, and it says "top grade" but you could always
ask them what grade it is. Indian teas are all graded on their wacky
system, so perhaps find out what the exact grade is. Possible that
it's not really "top grade".

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Hello,
I purchased Darjeeling FTGFOP1 Steinthal in the TEAGSCHWENDNER shop on
Halsted on my visit to Chicago in October. It is delicious. They are
located in Lincoln Park.
Shen
wrote:
> Looking on ebay for a source of first flush darjeeling tea and stumble
> across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Organic-First-Fl...QQcmdZViewItem

> Has anyone bought form them before?
> They mention it is from Goomtee estate, which I know ot be a
> recommended garden in darjeeling,
> Their ebay listing has all the official symbols as far as the
> darjeeling tea's go and the organic certification
> What do you guys think
> I wasn't sure if their price seemed a bit low for 4oz of organic first
> flush from goomtee
>
> I am located in Chciago, if anyone knows of a store that sells first
> flush darjeeling I'd be happy to know of its whereabouts
> thanks for all the info

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

I don't see why you shouldn't try it. It's not shockingly cheap - our
first flush teas start at $6-$8.

They could sell it cheap because of inventory reasons - first flush tea
ages and they may want to get rid of it in advance of the coming first
flush picking.

James
====
www.tippyleaf.com

wrote:
> Looking on ebay for a source of first flush darjeeling tea and stumble
> across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Organic-First-Fl...QQcmdZViewItem

> Has anyone bought form them before?
> They mention it is from Goomtee estate, which I know ot be a
> recommended garden in darjeeling,
> Their ebay listing has all the official symbols as far as the
> darjeeling tea's go and the organic certification
> What do you guys think
> I wasn't sure if their price seemed a bit low for 4oz of organic first
> flush from goomtee
>
> I am located in Chciago, if anyone knows of a store that sells first
> flush darjeeling I'd be happy to know of its whereabouts
> thanks for all the info

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Just realized I DID buy from them a couple of months ago - Ali Shan
Ooolong. It arrived quickly and was is a good quality tea. Actually, it
was a bargain.
Good luck.
Shen
wrote:
> Looking on ebay for a source of first flush darjeeling tea and stumble
> across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Organic-First-Fl...QQcmdZViewItem

> Has anyone bought form them before?
> They mention it is from Goomtee estate, which I know ot be a
> recommended garden in darjeeling,
> Their ebay listing has all the official symbols as far as the
> darjeeling tea's go and the organic certification
> What do you guys think
> I wasn't sure if their price seemed a bit low for 4oz of organic first
> flush from goomtee
>
> I am located in Chciago, if anyone knows of a store that sells first
> flush darjeeling I'd be happy to know of its whereabouts
> thanks for all the info

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> I purchased Darjeeling FTGFOP1 Steinthal in the TEAGSCHWENDNER shop on
> Halsted on my visit to Chicago in October. It is delicious. They are

It's a nice tea but it is one these Darjeelings that has been
getting greener and greener over the years. I had for years until
early last year I finally decided that it doesn't have anymore
what I like in a black Darjeeling.

Cheers,
Jo:rg

Darjeeling Tea Kate Tea 0 09-04-2006 04:40 PM
Looking to try Darjeeling [email protected] Tea 14 27-11-2005 04:26 AM
Darjeeling Tea from direct Darjeeling Tea merchant benoythapa Tea 13 01-12-2004 04:46 AM
FF Darjeeling Michiel van der Kraats Tea 2 04-05-2004 12:19 PM
Darjeeling best before P.A.Saarinen Tea 5 29-01-2004 11:52 AM