Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Larger Gaiwans

I am wondering if anyone has info on where I can get one of the larger
gaiwans. I bought one from FunAlliance a few years ago but it's pretty small
and I'd like to get one of the bigger ones, something that holds about or
more than 200 ml.

As a side note, it's kind of frustrating when a tea site doesn't tell you
how much a certain vessel holds...

Melinda

--
"I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
and Henry knows we know it."

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Melinda,
iunfortunately I dunno of any place anywhere near you, but the good
news is that there are quite a few gaiwans out there that hold around
8oz or even more. I bought mine back in China and what to say ..., I
love them.
I you donīt mind ordering from China there are some folks on rfdt who
are actually based there, Seb comes to my mind.

Karsten

Melinda wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has info on where I can get one of the larger
> gaiwans. I bought one from FunAlliance a few years ago but it's pretty small
> and I'd like to get one of the bigger ones, something that holds about or
> more than 200 ml.
>
> As a side note, it's kind of frustrating when a tea site doesn't tell you
> how much a certain vessel holds...
>
> Melinda
>
> --
> "I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
> and Henry knows we know it."
> We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Thank-you for the advice Karsten, but when I check the Jing tea shop site
the only larger gaiwan was a 180 ml and it was sold out. I'm looking for
something that's not stoneware that's over 200 ml. Still searching. Did
anyone see that last movie with Jet Li in it? Towards the end when he is
drinking tea before the big match with his opponent from Japan, the gaiwans
were quite large, at least 200 ml. That's what I'm talking about. I also
checked Kam's site, nothing that large there.Has anyone else seena gaiwan
that large for sale? Thanks.

Melinda

--
"I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
and Henry knows we know it."
We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter
oups.com...

Melinda wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has info on where I can get one of the larger
> gaiwans. I bought one from FunAlliance a few years ago but it's pretty
> small
> and I'd like to get one of the bigger ones, something that holds about or
> more than 200 ml.
>
> As a side note, it's kind of frustrating when a tea site doesn't tell you
> how much a certain vessel holds...
>
> Melinda
>
> --
> "I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
> and Henry knows we know it."
> We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Melinda wrote:
> Thank-you for the advice Karsten, but when I check the Jing tea shop site
> the only larger gaiwan was a 180 ml and it was sold out. I'm looking for
> something that's not stoneware that's over 200 ml.

Did you try emailing Seb directly for a special order, or either
Teaspring, or Stephane Erler of Teamasters? They will often find
exactly what you are looking for and sell it to you.

By the way, I bought 2 200 ml gaiwans from Kam at Funalliance, the
large chinese porcelain ones. That is about seven ounces. Imperial
Tea Court has lovely yixing ones that are huge-about 8 oz. If you
google "gaiwan buy" I'm sure you will be directed to more sites that
can help you.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Art Art is offline

EnjoyingTea.com has several 6.8 oz. gaiwan -
http://www.enjoyingtea.com/specialty-teacups.html
I recently bought one of their smaller gaiwan.

I also saw a 7 oz. gaiwan in the Stash Tea catalogue, item #600170 ...
probably available on their web site, too - http://www.stashtea.com

Hope this helps.
Art

Larger danial crage Barbecue 0 11-09-2009 10:02 AM
Gaiwans have won Dominic T. Tea 13 28-04-2009 12:37 AM
Need two gaiwans, can anyone help? Dominic T. Tea 12 14-09-2006 09:57 AM
Zisha Gaiwans bruce Tea 24 22-09-2004 12:50 AM
I need a larger meat grinder... PENMART01 General Cooking 1 20-06-2004 05:13 AM