Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
cj5 cj5 is offline

Default intro

hello tea family,

I, too, have been reading everyone's posts for a long time.
Defiantly a highlight in my day.

New to serious tea. But have been lucky in that ,near where we live, is
a very fine tea shop. They also have a sister store that is an herbalists
apothecary. This is in a new Asian area in Sacramento, Ca.

They do the kung fu tea when you wish to sample and that was quite an
experience for the uninitiated. The teas are all first or second grade
so can be pricey.

Last time there we tasted some 40 year old pu-er and new spring oolong
that was $500
a lb. (I purchased the $250 lb. a quarter pound to treasure)

The problem for us is overcoming the language barrier. But we are
working on it.

Thanks to all of you and the pu-er blog we are learning the rudamentry symbols.

This group has been wonderful for our mixed marriage. Me oolong. Him pu-er.
Unfortunatly we got hooked on pre 1960 yixing teapots. That addiction we share.

Thank you all again. now I can start posting to ask many questions

cj5 (cheri)

My Intro Kiss-The-CooK.110mb General Cooking 141 01-06-2008 10:29 AM
Intro HeatherB Tea 5 09-07-2006 10:12 PM
Intro: saying hi... Arie Sourdough 4 12-02-2006 05:19 PM
Intro [email protected] Sourdough 1 28-10-2005 12:07 AM
Intro VikingQueen14 General Cooking 22 28-01-2005 04:07 AM