Chills716

Default Shrimp Sauce

Does anyone have the shrimp sauce the is used at Japanese steakhouse's? I have
looking in achieves, web cookbooks and a couple other places and nothing taste
like or even has the consistency of the type used in the restaurants.
Musashi

"Chills716" > wrote in message =
> Does anyone have the shrimp sauce the is used at Japanese =

steakhouse's? I have
> looking in achieves, web cookbooks and a couple other places and =

nothing taste
> like or even has the consistency of the type used in the restaurants.

What exactly is a shrimp sauce?
Don't most steakhouses use two (soy based and sesane based) sauces?
Maybe some places have three kinds.
But its the same sauce for beef or shrimp, so what's a shrimp saunce?

Chills716

>What exactly is a shrimp sauce?
>Don't most steakhouses use two (soy >based and sesane based) sauces?
>Maybe some places have three kinds.
>But its the same sauce for beef or >shrimp, so what's a shrimp saunce?

In Florida it is a pinkish sauce with I believe paprika in it. When I get
hibachi at the steakhouse's they serve shrimp sauce and ginger sauce for the
food served from the grill. The ginger sauce is for sale under the Mikado brand
name.

Spec4 Stone......

"A man against world peace simply because of all the lost jobs"
Musashi

"Chills716" > wrote in message =
> >What exactly is a shrimp sauce?
> >Don't most steakhouses use two (soy >based and sesane based) sauces?
> >Maybe some places have three kinds.
> >But its the same sauce for beef or >shrimp, so what's a shrimp =

saunce?
> In Florida it is a pinkish sauce with I believe paprika in it. When I =

get
> hibachi at the steakhouse's they serve shrimp sauce and ginger sauce =

for the
> food served from the grill. The ginger sauce is for sale under the =

Mikado brand
> name.
>=20

Ok. Sorry but never seen that shrimp sauce up here in NY.
=20

Jayde

In ,
Chills716 > typed:
> Does anyone have the shrimp sauce the is used at Japanese
> steakhouse's? I have looking in achieves, web cookbooks and a couple
> other places and nothing taste like or even has the consistency of
> the type used in the restaurants.

This isn't traditional Japanese ... so it's probably a "house" dressing
or sauce which incidentally sounds slightly similar to Nobu's fusion
style Creamy Spicy Sauce. I did a quick search on "Japanese steakhouse
shrimp sauce" and found the following 2 recipes. One has vinegar and the
other does not. I'm not familiar with these types of sauces at all, so
am not sure, but could this be what you're looking for? ~Jayde

1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 teaspoon paprika
3/8 teaspoon garlic powder

In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, white sugar, rice vinegar, melted
butter, paprika and garlic powder. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.

------------------OR-----------------

3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1 TBSP white pepper
1 TBSP salt
1 quart vegetable oil
soy sauce to taste (5-6 TBSP)

Combine the egg yolks, whole egg, and 1/2 quart of veg. oil in a
container and using a mixer, blend until you get a mayonnaise
consistency. Then you add the white pepper and salt, and another 1/2
quart of veg. oil. Continue mixing and add soy sauce to liking.

URL Source: http://atlblogs.com/rptut/archives/000300.html

Dan Logcher

Tippi wrote:

> But I'm not sure what kind of sauce Dan is refering to; is it similar
> to fish sauce? I've never heard of seafood birdnests with shrimp paste
> so I assume that's not it.

No it's shrimp paste.. The seafood birdnests doesn't have shrimp sauce
over it.. you have a small dish of shrimp paste to dip items into..

--
Dan