Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cream and Butter Sauce (aka Alfredo Sauce) with garlic shrimp

Cream and Butter Sauce (aka Alfredo Sauce) with garlic shrimp

6 tbsp butter
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup parmesan cheese (fresh as you can find)(not that stuff in the
cardboard round tube container.)
pinch of nutmeg
sprinkling of fresh parsley
small bag of fresh or frozen tiger shrimps.
garlic to taste.

First off put on a large pot of water to boil over high heat. For cooking
the pasta.

In a little oil pan fry some tiger shrimp and thin garlic slices...till
they turn red. Remove from pan and reserve. Wipe out the pan.

When you put the pasta in the boiling pot of water...put in the pan the
6tbsp butter to melt and add the cream and allow the mixture to simmer
for a few moments. while the pasta finishes cooking.

Drain your pasta & blend it with sauce (in which you've just added the
cooked shrimp garlic mixture) and toss with the cheese, nutmeg and
optional parsley.

Pasta it works best with: narrow or medium ribbon types, oval strings,
small filled pillows and shells.

You can reduce the cheese and increase the butter and cream to get a
thinner sauce or use 1/2 and 1/2 for the same effect.

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" wrote >
> Cream and Butter Sauce (aka Alfredo Sauce) with garlic shrimp
>
> 6 tbsp butter
> 1 cup whipping cream
> 1 cup parmesan cheese (fresh as you can find)(not that stuff in the
> cardboard round tube container.)
> pinch of nutmeg
> sprinkling of fresh parsley
> small bag of fresh or frozen tiger shrimps.
> garlic to taste.
>
> -Alan

Alan, what is the approximate weight of the "small bag of shrimp"? Eight
ounces, or a pound, maybe?

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
> Cream and Butter Sauce (aka Alfredo Sauce) with garlic shrimp
>
> 6 tbsp butter
> 1 cup whipping cream
> 1 cup parmesan cheese (fresh as you can find)(not that stuff in the
> cardboard round tube container.)
> pinch of nutmeg
> sprinkling of fresh parsley
> small bag of fresh or frozen tiger shrimps.
> garlic to taste.

I'd leave out the nutmeg, but that's a personal preference. This gets
the Food Snob stamp of approval.

> --
> -Alan

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

limey wrote on 14 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Alan, what is the approximate weight of the "small bag of shrimp"?
> Eight ounces, or a pound, maybe?
>
> Dora

I'm not sure...possibly 8 oz maybe 10 oz. They are the frozen tiger shrimp
sold in most freezer sections...1 bag about the size of your hand....

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" wrote

> limey wrote >
>> Alan, what is the approximate weight of the "small bag of shrimp"?
>> Eight ounces, or a pound, maybe?
>>
>> Dora
>>

> I'm not sure...possibly 8 oz maybe 10 oz. They are the frozen tiger shrimp
> sold in most freezer sections...1 bag about the size of your hand....
>
> -Alan

Thanks, Alan. Shrimp here are either sold loose (fresh or cooked) or frozen
in two-pound bags. Eight ounces sounded about right as I read the recipe.
Your recipe sounds really good.

Dora