Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default since the dutch took over.... giant food's like afraid of fish.

and afraid of sake.

i went to visit the sushi section and it was minute... poorly
atteneded, messy and far and few between anything resembling sushi and
sashimi.

i go to the seafood section... fresh tuna? huh? what's that?
fresh salmon? oh, well if you get it packaged. very thin fillets
and not much to speak of meat and the price is astounding. i
used to love picking up escargot as an addition but wow, what's that?
omg no we don't have that, why would we?

sake? what's that? huh? we have wine, yes... what? rice? we
have rice, what? wine, rice no the wine is in the alcohol section
the rice is where breads and mixes are, huh? no no wine with rice no
not in same section... blah blah.

i throw up my arms in dismay.

back to the sushi.. for $11 you can get a combo of 8 pieces of tuna
and vegetable sushi, small rolls.

no more sashimi, no more egg rolls, no more big bottles of soy
sauce!

but... if you want... there's tons of guinness and huge pot roasts..

yeh.......................................... (silence)

Posted to alt.food.sushi

hats wrote on Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:02:25 -0800 (PST):

> i went to visit the sushi section and it was minute...
> poorly atteneded, messy and far and few between anything
> resembling sushi and sashimi.

> i go to the seafood section... fresh tuna? huh? what's
> that? fresh salmon? oh, well if you get it packaged. very
> thin fillets and not much to speak of meat and the price is
> astounding. i used to love picking up escargot as an
> addition but wow, what's that? omg no we don't have that, why
> would we?

> sake? what's that? huh? we have wine, yes... what?
> rice? we have rice, what? wine, rice no the wine is in the
> alcohol section the rice is where breads and mixes are, huh?
> no no wine with rice no not in same section... blah blah.

> i throw up my arms in dismay.

> back to the sushi.. for $11 you can get a combo of 8 pieces of
> tuna and vegetable sushi, small rolls.

> no more sashimi, no more egg rolls, no more big bottles of
> soy sauce!

> but... if you want... there's tons of guinness and huge pot
> roasts..

I've got a number of complaints about the current management of Giant
stores but in some they have attended sushi counters which can be
tolerable. The Potomac village branch is one. Other branches have
uninteresting displays of "made fresh daily" (perhaps, "a day old" might
be better.) I don't know any Giant stores in my county that have alcohol
licenses.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.sushi

On Nov 5, 1:27*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *hats *wrote *on Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:02:25 -0800 (PST):
>

> > i went to visit the sushi section and it was minute...
> > poorly atteneded, messy and far and few between anything
> > resembling sushi and sashimi.
> >
> > i go to the seafood section... * * *fresh tuna? *huh? *what's
> > that? fresh salmon? * *oh, well if you get it packaged. * very
> > thin fillets and not much to speak of meat and the price is
> > astounding. * * * i used to love picking up escargot as an
> > addition but wow, what's that? omg no we don't have that, why
> > would we?
> > sake? *what's that? * *huh? * we have wine, yes... what?
> > rice? *we have rice, *what? *wine, rice no the wine is in the
> > alcohol section the rice is where breads and mixes are, huh?
> > no no wine with rice no not in same section... * *blah blah.
> > i throw *up my arms in dismay.
> > back to the sushi.. for $11 you can get a combo of 8 pieces of
> > tuna and vegetable sushi, small rolls.
> > no more sashimi, no more egg rolls, *no more big bottles of
> > soy sauce!
> > but... if you want... there's tons of guinness and huge pot
> > roasts..

> I've got a number of complaints about the current management of Giant
> stores but in some they have attended sushi counters which can be
> tolerable. The Potomac village branch is one. Other branches have
> uninteresting displays of "made fresh daily" (perhaps, "a day old" might
> be better.) I don't know any Giant stores in my county that have alcohol
> licenses.
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not- Hide quoted text -

one where i have has an alcohol section.. they don't carry sake,
no more. used to have a wonderous sake ensemble. i wonder what
happened? because the popularity for it has not diminished... i
mean when i was there, 2 more asked!

then the persons at the "resolutions center" were like... "there's
no demand" we were all like "huh?"

the head scratching commensed.

our sushi counter is about a mile away from the people who used to
service the sushi counter... they're behind the deli counter now...
you must take a number... you wait.. wait.... wait... wait.... no
one else is there.. so there you stand looking like an idiot with a
number... dumbubmbubmbuddeeeedumm!

then i ask.. 'where's the sushi counter' woman behind the counter
goes... 'where the sammiches are' then points weakly over my
head...

took me 6 or more min. to find this 'sammich counter'.

it was a mess! looked as if someone sneezed all over it or a
hurrican breezed by.... amazing... it's like you can feel the push
happening that very moment... the push that is going to extinguish
the sushi ideal all together.

'shrugs'.

amazing.

i love the tuna sandwiches that are really hastily made with a.....
$8 price tag to go with it! holy cow!

Posted to alt.food.sushi

since the dutch took over.... giant food's like afraid of fish.

The title of this thread is like surreal.