Posted to alt.food.sushi
hats on way too tight hats on way too tight is offline

Default since the dutch took over.... giant food's like afraid of fish.

and afraid of sake.

i went to visit the sushi section and it was minute... poorly
atteneded, messy and far and few between anything resembling sushi and
sashimi.

i go to the seafood section... fresh tuna? huh? what's that?
fresh salmon? oh, well if you get it packaged. very thin fillets
and not much to speak of meat and the price is astounding. i
used to love picking up escargot as an addition but wow, what's that?
omg no we don't have that, why would we?

sake? what's that? huh? we have wine, yes... what? rice? we
have rice, what? wine, rice no the wine is in the alcohol section
the rice is where breads and mixes are, huh? no no wine with rice no
not in same section... blah blah.

i throw up my arms in dismay.

back to the sushi.. for $11 you can get a combo of 8 pieces of tuna
and vegetable sushi, small rolls.

no more sashimi, no more egg rolls, no more big bottles of soy
sauce!

but... if you want... there's tons of guinness and huge pot roasts..