Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Vegan mayonnaise maker sued by food giant Unilever

To:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 15:03:05 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:46:06 -0500, Doris Night
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> That would explain it, I guess. The only chicken I ever buy comes on a
>>> styrofoam tray wrapped in plastic, and the ingredients are "chicken".

>> I hear you Doris! Julie seems to know every processed food on the
>> planet.

>I may know of them but there are countless foods I have never eaten and
>never will. I do like looking at foods though, even if I know I will never
>eat them. Like Yakisoba noodles. I was shopping with a friend and she told
>me that they weren't too bad. And then I read what all was in there. More
>ingredients than I could believe! I only knew that they were high in
>calories. And now I know why.
>
>Not all processed food is bad. You can buy things that are organic and have
>minimal ingredients in them.

But they are probably more expensive than just buying straight
unprocessed food.

I've been on this oatmeal kick lately. Plain rolled oats; you can cook
them in the microwave in about 2 minutes. I don't add sugar or
anything else. Just eat them plain. I think it works out to about
$0.15 per serving.

I might have half a banana or a few berries with it - add a couple
cups of coffee and there's breakfast.

Doris

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: e> (1:249/999)
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway
Posted to rec.food.cooking

To: Doris Night
"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 15:03:05 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"sf" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:46:06 -0500, Doris Night

>>> I hear you Doris! Julie seems to know every processed food on the
>>> planet.

>>I may know of them but there are countless foods I have never eaten and
>>never will. I do like looking at foods though, even if I know I will
>>never
>>eat them. Like Yakisoba noodles. I was shopping with a friend and she
>>told
>>me that they weren't too bad. And then I read what all was in there.
>>More
>>ingredients than I could believe! I only knew that they were high in
>>calories. And now I know why.
>>
>>Not all processed food is bad. You can buy things that are organic and
>>have
>>minimal ingredients in them.

> But they are probably more expensive than just buying straight
> unprocessed food.
>
> I've been on this oatmeal kick lately. Plain rolled oats; you can cook
> them in the microwave in about 2 minutes. I don't add sugar or
> anything else. Just eat them plain. I think it works out to about
> $0.15 per serving.
>
> I might have half a banana or a few berries with it - add a couple
> cups of coffee and there's breakfast.
>
> Doris

Canned beans are processed. They do cost a bit more than dried but I don't
think there is anything wrong with them.