Posted to rec.food.sourdough
danube

Default freezing dough

I am making bread once a week, sometimes twice. Sometimes I have to freeze
the bread to keep it fresh for a few days more. Wouldn't it be better if I
froze the unbaked dough and then take it out of the freezer, let it rise
and then bake it? For how long can dough be frozen?

Thanks / JB
Posted to rec.food.sourdough
wildeny

Sure. I think the dough can be frozen for at least 6 months (think
about those frozen food).
Here is some information about how's & whys' for the frozen dough.
http://www.breadmachinedigest.com/li...ing_dough.html

Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Kenneth

On 6 Jan 2006 16:08:02 -0800, "wildeny"
> wrote:

>Sure. I think the dough can be frozen for at least 6 months (think
>about those frozen food).
>Here is some information about how's & whys' for the frozen dough.
>http://www.breadmachinedigest.com/li...ing_dough.html

Howdy,

Apparently, with regard to freezing, the yeasts are more
robust than the LB.

It is likely that the resulting bread will be fine, but may
not be the same as a side-by-side (but unfrozen) batch.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to rec.food.sourdough
danube

> It is likely that the resulting bread will be fine, but may not be the
> same as a side-by-side (but unfrozen) batch.
>
> All the best,

Thanks for the replies. I will try it and report back in a few weeks.

JB
Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams

"danube" > wrote in message news
> I will try it and report back in a few weeks.

OK, we'll just wait.

Well, you could put a webcam in the freezer so
we would have something to talk about in the
meantime.

--
Dicky

Posted to rec.food.sourdough
hutchndi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message

"Well, you could put a webcam in the freezer so
we would have something to talk about in the
meantime."

Now theres an idea.....

hutchndi

Posted to rec.food.sourdough
dan w

"hutchndi" > wrote in message
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> "Dick Adams" > wrote in message
>
> "Well, you could put a webcam in the freezer so
> we would have something to talk about in the
> meantime."
>

> Now theres an idea.....
>
> hutchndi

do it hutch- i can't wait to add another one of you web cams to my favorites

dan w

Posted to rec.food.sourdough
hutchndi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x

"dan w" > wrote in message
. ..

> do it hutch- i can't wait to add another one of you web cams to my

favorites

Dan you must be as weird as me. I will have to let you know when there is
actually something happening on my doughcam, as you can see from the date,
dont use it much, just if I am not home when I should be babysitting
(doughsitting?).

http://members.cox.net/hutchberryhome/index.html

hutchndi

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 15:28:06 +0000, Dick Adams wrote:

> "danube" > wrote in message
> news >
>> I will try it and report back in a few weeks.

> OK, we'll just wait.
>
> Well, you could put a webcam in the freezer so we would have something to
> talk about in the meantime.

Right, I am bleary-eyed now after watching the webcam for such a long
time. However, the dough had been frozen for 4 month now and it baked just
fine today. It seems that it lost a bit of moisture, judging from the ice
in the freezer bag. Maybe it would be good to make the dough a bit more
wet to begin with.

JB