Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Freezing pizza dough (store bought)

The store I got the whole wheat multi grain pizza dough is 35 mins one
way (about 25 miles one way). It'll cost me about $11-12 of gas to
make the trip. So,

Can I freeze this dough? For how long?

To anyone familiar with Naan bread. I think that pizza dough could be
used for Naan. I am gpoing to try it next time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> The store I got the whole wheat multi grain pizza dough is 35 mins one
> way (about 25 miles one way). It'll cost me about $11-12 of gas to
> make the trip.
>
> Can I freeze this dough? For how long?

Buy the ingredients for $3.00, make the dough yourself, and freeze it until
the next apocalypse, or however long it takes you to stop being stupid,
because you are. Stupid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 25, 6:40*pm, "news" > wrote:
> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

> > The store I got the whole wheat multi grain pizza dough is 35 mins one
> > way (about 25 miles one way). *It'll cost me about $11-12 *of gas to
> > make the trip.

> > Can I freeze this dough? For how long?

> Buy the ingredients for $3.00, make the dough yourself, and freeze it until
> the next apocalypse, or however long it takes you to stop being stupid,
> because you are. Stupid.

I have the ingredients but I don't want to make it idiot. Get it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> The store I got the whole wheat multi grain pizza dough is 35 mins one
> way (about 25 miles one way). It'll cost me about $11-12 of gas to
> make the trip. So,
>
> Can I freeze this dough? For how long?
>
> To anyone familiar with Naan bread. I think that pizza dough could be
> used for Naan. I am gpoing to try it next time.

Stop & Shop puts it out frozen so the answer is yes.

Or buy some yeast and make your own for pennies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> The store I got the whole wheat multi grain pizza dough is 35 mins one
> way (about 25 miles one way). It'll cost me about $11-12 of gas to
> make the trip. So,
>
> Can I freeze this dough? For how long?
>
> To anyone familiar with Naan bread. I think that pizza dough could be
> used for Naan. I am gpoing to try it next time.

Lots of places sell whole-wheat multi-grain etc etc. Try one of those.

Failing that, do your week's grocery run at the place that sells the one
you like and get more bang for your fuel buck that way.

Oh, and yes, you can freeze the dough if it's wrapped up well. Thaw it
in the fridge overnight before using it.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> On May 25, 6:40*pm, "news" > wrote:
> > "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

> > > The store I got the whole wheat multi grain pizza dough is 35 mins one
> > > way (about 25 miles one way). *It'll cost me about $11-12 *of gas to
> > > make the trip.

> > > Can I freeze this dough? For how long?

> > Buy the ingredients for $3.00, make the dough yourself, and freeze it until
> > the next apocalypse, or however long it takes you to stop being stupid,
> > because you are. Stupid.

> I have the ingredients but I don't want to make it idiot. Get it?

Why don't you want to make it? Home-made is almost always better than
store-bought, and it's neither difficult nor time-consuming.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 May 2010 21:26:53 +1200, Miche > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Manda Ruby > wrote:

> > > Buy the ingredients for $3.00, make the dough yourself, and freeze it until
> > > the next apocalypse, or however long it takes you to stop being stupid,
> > > because you are. Stupid.

> > I have the ingredients but I don't want to make it idiot. Get it?

> Why don't you want to make it? Home-made is almost always better than
> store-bought, and it's neither difficult nor time-consuming.

She'd rather spend time and money buying nasty pre-made dough even
when it's dead easy to make in a food processor. ChisD posted a great
link the other day, but I'll do it again because it's worth repeating
(he "stole" my recipe). http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/pizza

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
On May 25, 6:40 pm, "news" > wrote:
> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

> > The store I got the whole wheat multi grain pizza dough is 35 mins one
> > way (about 25 miles one way). It'll cost me about $11-12 of gas to
> > make the trip.

> > Can I freeze this dough? For how long?

> Buy the ingredients for $3.00, make the dough yourself, and freeze it
> until
> the next apocalypse, or however long it takes you to stop being stupid,
> because you are. Stupid.

>I have the ingredients but I don't want to make it idiot. Get it?

You are generally wasteful.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 May 2010 12:16:48 -0400, "news" > wrote:

> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>
> >I have the ingredients but I don't want to make it idiot. Get it?

> You are generally wasteful.

But, but, but she only uses half a box of cake mix.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 26, 9:00*am, sf > wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 21:26:53 +1200, Miche > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > *Manda Ruby > wrote:

> > > I have the ingredients but I don't want to make it idiot. Get it?

> > Why don't you want to make it? *Home-made is almost always better than
> > store-bought, and it's neither difficult nor time-consuming.

> She'd rather spend time and money buying nasty pre-made dough even
> when it's dead easy to make in a food processor. *

So you *know* that I spend time to buy the dough - make a trip just to
buy dough and the dough only - rather than spend time making it, right
genius?

>ChisD posted a great
> link the other day, but I'll do it again because it's worth repeating
> (he "stole" my recipe). *http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/pizza
>
> --
> Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 26, 9:16*am, "news" > wrote:
> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

> On May 25, 6:40 pm, "news" > wrote:
>
> > "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

> > > The store I got the whole wheat multi grain pizza dough is 35 mins one
> > > way (about 25 miles one way). It'll cost me about $11-12 of gas to
> > > make the trip.

> > > Can I freeze this dough? For how long?

> > Buy the ingredients for $3.00, make the dough yourself, and freeze it
> > until
> > the next apocalypse, or however long it takes you to stop being stupid,
> > because you are. Stupid.
> >I have the ingredients but I don't want to make it idiot. Get it?

> You are generally wasteful.

Trust me that I am not as wasteful as you Americans who buy junks on
X'mas and Birthday and Mother's day and Father's day and Valentine'
day and Secretary Appreciating day and ... get my drift?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 26, 2:26*am, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:

> > > Buy the ingredients for $3.00, make thedoughyourself, and freeze it until
> > > the next apocalypse, or however long it takes you to stop being stupid,
> > > because you are. Stupid.

> > I have the ingredients but I don't want to make it idiot. Get it?

> Why don't you want to make it? *Home-made is almost always better than
> store-bought, and it's neither difficult nor time-consuming.

It may not be time consuming but I just don't have the time to think,
plan, buy the ingredients, make, and freeze the dough.

> Miche
>
> --
> Electricians do it in three phases- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 26, 2:26*am, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:

> > > Buy the ingredients for $3.00, make thedoughyourself, and freeze it until
> > > the next apocalypse, or however long it takes you to stop being stupid,
> > > because you are. Stupid.

> > I have the ingredients but I don't want to make it idiot. Get it?

> Why don't you want to make it? *Home-made is almost always better than
> store-bought, and it's neither difficult nor time-consuming.

If I can make it in a not so expensive bread machine, I'd be
interested in making pizza dough and other dough (for flat bread naan
and roti) since I can use bread machine to make bread. Yes, I do not
want to use my hand to mix all these dough. The faster I can make it,
the more likely I would do it. Any recommendation for a bread machine
that would work for baking whole wheat multi grain bread and making
dough for pizza, naan, and whole wheat roti?.