Default Who has "The Village Baker" by Joe Ortiz?

Hello,

I am in DE and may have a chance to go to Miesbach/South Germany.

AFAIK remember, there was a bakery/baker described in the German Part
of Joe Ortiz's book in this little town.

I did not take the book nor notes with me because I haven't thought
about it before I left.

Could somebody who has the book, please look up that section and post
the name of the baker and bakery. If I get a chance, I will go there
and take a few pictures if possible and worth it. I am kind of curious
about it.

On other accounts, I saw a brief video about the Hofpfisterei (Organic
bakery in Munich) which was shown on Bavarian TV in 2004. Very
interesting to see. The people running the bakery had to start getting
their own supply system for organic ingredients together because it was
not availabe. They were partially laughed at and declared crazy.
Eventually, they were able to go fully organic with great success.

They said they could have made much more money by doing it the way all
the other bakeries did but they were kind of stubborn and stuck to
their father's idea of water, flour and salt (and spices) being the
only ingredients which go into bread.

Anyway, that's it so far under another news email account from Bavaria.

Samartha

Hi,

Jetlag still caught up with me with a lag (delay)... I thought I
conquered it initially with minor effects.

Thanks for the info, I got it - Will, MA & all.

Petra Holzapfel schrieb:

> I just googled a little bit: now there seems to be a shop of the
> Hofpfisterei at Marktplatz 5.
> http://www.hofpfisterei.de/html/Seit.../miesbach.html

Ookey... looks like a Sherlok Holmes Job. Maybe he retired.

> Have fun in Bavaria!

You bet!

I got a first 1/4 loaf of their "Pfister =D6ko-Mild" and for 60 % rye,
it's very very light (in color). Also, they have a very much more
coherent crumb structure which I am not yet able to get together. I
think it's a rye flour and procedure issue (non-brainer, what else?
Maybe starter; on the video, I have seen that they use those slow
moving mixers/kneaders).

Seeing those bread artworks, I am somewhat humbled and put more into a
perspective with the endeavor to produce something similar in CO.

Anyway.. we'll see, how much effort I can put into this bread/flour
project while I am here.=20

Samartha

> Petra Holzapfel schrieb:
>
> > I just googled a little bit: now there seems to be a shop of the
> > Hofpfisterei at Marktplatz 5.
> > http://www.hofpfisterei.de/html/Seit.../miesbach.html

> Ookey... looks like a Sherlok Holmes Job. Maybe he retired.

Bakery closed since 7 years, no idea what Kurt K=F6nig is doing or how
well he is.

S=2E

Mike Avery

>>Petra Holzapfel schrieb:
>>

>>>I just googled a little bit: now there seems to be a shop of the
>>>Hofpfisterei at Marktplatz 5.

http://www.hofpfisterei.de/html/Seit.../miesbach.html

>>Ookey... looks like a Sherlok Holmes Job. Maybe he retired.
>>

>Bakery closed since 7 years, no idea what Kurt König is doing or how
>well he is.

Bummer..... did you check the phone book?

Mike

--
....The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system and Linus Torvaldis claims to be trying to take over the world...

Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
home baker ICQ 16241692
networking guru AIM mavery81230
wordsmith Yahoo mavery81230

Sure - I tried finding the name w/o success. Then I called the
Hofpfister branch where a person knew more on Monday and she gave me
the info I wrote.

If anything pops up, I'll post again. 7 years is a while for retiring,
much can happen - or nothing for that matter, maybe he lives in Spain
or Mallorca by now...

S.

Village idiot again James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 99 21-03-2010 04:28 AM
NYT: Village Burgundy Mark Lipton Wine 6 27-07-2006 06:58 PM
Many Volnays in Greenwich Village DaleW Wine 0 28-02-2006 02:48 PM
Inept baker question - Baker's brownie recipe brushfire General Cooking 8 27-07-2004 07:48 PM
TN: 1989 Petit Village Fred Wine 0 21-10-2003 09:22 AM