Paddy Murray

Default Fw: non grain bread

----- Original Message -----
From: Paddy Murray
To: Mike Avery
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 11:50 AM
Subject: Fw: non grain bread

----- Original Message -----
From: Paddy Murray
To: Dick Adams
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 11:48 AM
Subject: non grain bread

I am about to work on making a totally non grain bread. A biologist has asked me to do that, as he believes that it is not just gluten free that is a problem for some people but all grains, as they contain lecithin which he believes is the culprit. I have started to build a mashed potato based culture so that there is no grain in the culture, that appears to be working as it is generating activity and gas bubbles, although the smell is different than for a grain based starter. Any other suggestions for a non grain item to build a good starter? Any suggestions on good gluten free recipes or sources for same. I know that I will have to remove and compensate any grain in that recipe, but the bulk of the ones that I have seen are almost grain free anyhow. I have Bette Hagmans book on gluten free bread.Paddy from Aust.

Whole Grain Pasta vs. Whole Grain Bread JanetPelle General Cooking 6 28-04-2013 05:58 AM
Whole grain bread Diane M Baking 1 12-07-2006 11:12 PM
Whole Grain Bread Terry Stautzenberger, Jr. Recipes (moderated) 0 03-03-2006 05:50 PM
5-grain-bread Ulrike Westphal Sourdough 3 22-04-2005 08:26 AM
5-grain-bread Ulrike Westphal Sourdough 0 07-04-2005 07:15 PM