Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default feeding my starter.

my starter fills an 8oz jelly jar. how much do i use for bread and how do i feed what is left in jar ? thank you.....
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 11/09/2014 7:40 AM, wrote:
> my starter fills an 8oz jelly jar. how much do i use for bread and how do i feed what is left in jar ? thank you.....

Here's all you will ever need to know about SD starters:
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-gro...dough/starters

For a recipe, the late Dick Adams had a foolproof recipe that I
fortunately saved. I could e-mail it to you. Is your address valid?
Graham

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:15:28 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 11/09/2014 7:40 AM, wrote:
>> my starter fills an 8oz jelly jar. how much do i use for bread and how do i feed what is left in jar ? thank you.....
>>

>Here's all you will ever need to know about SD starters:

ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-gro...dough/starters

>For a recipe, the late Dick Adams had a foolproof recipe that I
>fortunately saved. I could e-mail it to you. Is your address valid?
>Graham

And this is still around, too.

http://carlsfriends.net/

I think Dick's recipe is in there....eyup.
http://carlsfriends.net/dickpics/billowy.html
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 11/09/2014 5:01 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:15:28 -0600, graham > wrote:
>
>> On 11/09/2014 7:40 AM, wrote:
>>> my starter fills an 8oz jelly jar. how much do i use for bread and how do i feed what is left in jar ? thank you.....
>>>

>> Here's all you will ever need to know about SD starters:

ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-gro...dough/starters

>> For a recipe, the late Dick Adams had a foolproof recipe that I
>> fortunately saved. I could e-mail it to you. Is your address valid?
>> Graham
>>

> And this is still around, too.
>
> http://carlsfriends.net/
>

> I think Dick's recipe is in there....eyup.
> http://carlsfriends.net/dickpics/billowy.html

Thanks Boron!
For some reason, the urls for these sites wouldn't work when I tried them.
I have converted Dick's recipe to grams/mls.
Graham

Feeding starter Jeff Miller Sourdough 0 11-09-2006 09:23 PM
Feeding starter WRK Sourdough 0 11-09-2006 09:19 PM
Feeding starter Jeff Miller Sourdough 0 11-09-2006 04:02 PM
feeding my starter Amit.B. Sourdough 1 11-06-2004 03:19 AM
Feeding Starter Bob Sourdough 18 19-11-2003 07:07 PM