Fred

Default An image as requested.

Somebody asked me to post an image of one of my sourdough loaves the other
day so I photographed the one I made today. It was excellent - nice soft
crumb, enough crust to let you know it is there without being overbearing
and outstanding flavor. My wife and I even made some pizza bread with it
using some homemade Italian sausage one of our customers made. Here's the
image for what it's worth. http://www.chefsoutlet.com/images/ebay/loaf2.jpg

Fred
The Good Gourmet
http://www.thegoodgourmet.com

Dick Adams

"Fred" > wrote in message=20

> [ ... ]

> http://www.chefsoutlet.com/images/ebay/loaf2.jpg

Nice looking loaf!

How did you get the background all white? What is holding the seeds on?
What does the inside look like? How big is the loaf, how heavy?

Thanks.

--=20
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname> at bigfoot dot com

Brian Mailman

Dick Adams wrote:

> "Fred" > wrote in message
>
> > [ ... ]

> > http://www.chefsoutlet.com/images/ebay/loaf2.jpg

> Nice looking loaf!
>
> How did you get the background all white? What is holding the seeds on?
> What does the inside look like? How big is the loaf, how heavy?

Yah... you might put something with a fairly known size near it to be
able to eyeball size.

B/
Fred

--
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname> at bigfoot dot com

Fred

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message

"Fred" > wrote in message

> [ ... ]

> http://www.chefsoutlet.com/images/ebay/loaf2.jpg

Nice looking loaf!

How did you get the background all white?

I use a light tent to photograph products for my web sites. I just put the
loaf inside it.

What is holding the seeds on?

I rubbed the made up dough with olive oil and sprinkled it with sesame seeds
before proofing.

What does the inside look like?

It is perfect. I fermented only 18 hours and the crumb was soft and
uniform. Personally, I don't like the crumbs with monster holes in it so I
kept the dough on the dry side and didn't ferment very long. I only proofed
the made up loaf for 15 minutes before baking. Baking was at 375F with
about a 1/2 dozen water spritzes until the sound and color were right.

How big is the loaf, how heavy?

It was about 1 1/2 lb. - about 9 1/2" long. The formula was 1 lb. high
gluten flour, 8 1/2 oz. water, 1/2 oz. fresh yeast, 3/4 oz. sugar, 1/4 oz.
salt and 3 heaping tbsp. of my starter. It's the standard size loaf I make
up to bring home for dinner. We used it for dinner and had enough left this
morning for toast. It was excellent.

Fred
The Good Gourmet
http://www.thegoodgourmet.com

Ron Anderson

> before proofing.
>
> What does the inside look like?
>
> It is perfect. >

Let me be the first.
Please define perfect.

Kenneth

On Sun, 30 May 2004 23:00:28 GMT, "Ron Anderson"
> wrote:

>> before proofing.
>>
>> What does the inside look like?
>>
>> It is perfect. >

>Let me be the first.
>Please define perfect.

Hi Ron,

He did...

Fred wrote:

"It is perfect. I fermented only 18 hours and the crumb was soft and
uniform."

He achieved what he hoped to achieve, and thus, labeled his result
"perfect."

'Makes sense to me...

All the best,

--
Kenneth

Dick Adams

"Fred" > wrote in message=20

> I use a light tent to photograph products for my web sites. I just =

put the
> loaf inside it.

An essential tool for the consummate professional photographer.

> I rubbed the made up dough with olive oil and sprinkled it with sesame =

seeds
> before proofing.

Interesting! How do you suppose the seeds got into the slashes =
(coupes)?

It sure gives the impression of unbaked seeds scattered on a flat =
surface.

> http://www.chefsoutlet.com/images/ebay/loaf2.jpg

> > What does the inside look like?

> It is perfect.

Just as one would expect from the consummate professional.

"Kenneth" > wrote in message =
> On Sun, 30 May 2004 23:00:28 GMT, "Ron Anderson"
> > wrote:

>>> It is perfect.=20

>>Please define perfect.

> Hi Ron,
> He did...

Hi, Kenneth

I got a bridge you might like to buy.

--=20
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname> at bigfoot dot com

Ripmarge

A beautiful bread!! Is it a white San Francisco type? Are you sharing the
recipe? If so where? And how do I get it?
Marge
Dick Adams

"Ripmarge" > wrote in message=20

> A beautiful bread!! Is it a white San Francisco type? Are you sharing =

the
> recipe? If so where? And how do I get it?

If you are addressing the person who posted =
http://www.chefsoutlet.com/images/ebay/loaf2.jpg
I think he posted it as some kind of a joke, or to draw attention to his =
web site where he is
pandering kitchen stuff. It seems to me to be a picture of a picture, =
with some sesame seeds=20
added. =20

Now, I need to ask you, Marge, what is this RIP all about. Are you =
dead?. To me, RIP
is something for a gravestone, meaning Rest In Peace.

As far as recipes are concerned, there are a lot of them to be found, =
but they are all=20
pretty much the same: mix/knead a mixture of flour, water, salt, and =
leavener (sourdough
culture here), rise it, and bake it. The devil is in the details, as =
one might say. A good
place to start reading is at =
http://www.nyx.net/~dgreenw/sourdoughfaqs.html

Also, be sure to take a look at the Newcomer Tips which is linked from =
the bottom=20
of that page, and also the Sourdough Q&A. Normally a "Welcome Message"=20
appears at r.f.s. every five days, but I have not seen it for a while. =
It gives some=20
hints about how to start finding out about sourdough bread.

Another thing I should tell you, Marge, is that it is good to quote part =
of the message
that you are responding to. Normally, the newsreader does that =
automatically for the
WHOLE message, and then the problem is to delete all the irrelevant =
information.
Look at the top of this message: I have quoted enough of your message =
(which=20
happens to be all in this case), so that other people can figure out =
what I am talking
about.

There are two links in the above message which your newsreader should =
show underlined
and in color. I guess you know (but not everybody does) that if you =
place the cursor on
one of those, and click the left mouse button, another web page will =
come up. That is
also true in a way for the news:ID at the top of his message -- clicking =
on it will bring
your post back, at least as long as it remains on your news server.

Are we OK on this stuff now?

OK, Marge, Rest In Peace!

--=20
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname> at bigfoot dot com

Wcsjohn

>If you are addressing the person who posted =
>http://www.chefsoutlet.com/images/ebay/loaf2.jpg
>I think he posted it as some kind of a joke, or to draw attention to his =
>web site where he is
>pandering kitchen stuff. It seems to me to be a picture of a picture, =
>with some sesame seeds=20
>added. =20

You mean I'm not supposed to sprinkle the sesame seeds on the loaf AFTER
baking?<g>

John

Dick Adams

"Wcsjohn" > wrote in message =

> You mean I'm not supposed to sprinkle the sesame seeds on the loaf =

AFTER
> baking?<g>

No, if you happen to have a loaf, you can do that. Otherwise you can =
sprinkle=20
some seeds on a picture of a loaf, and take a picture of that.

Ripmarge

Default Marge is not dead.

I am new to this whole computer thing, and I wonder if I'll ever catch on but I
thought the subject line may give you a clue.
Rip is my husband's knickname so we linked the two so we could easily remember
our email address.
I am a little more knowlegable about sourdough and bread. I have been baking
bread for many years. First in a processor and graduated to a kitchen aid.
The14cup processor stays in the motor home (it's smaller than the 6qt k/a) when
we travel. We must have our bread!!
Now I spend a bit too much time searching new information and recipes on line.
I find sourdough a fascinating subject, and until I got the computer and found
all these places to read I had noone to discuss the subject with.
Thanks for listening? reading? Whatever.
"alive"Marge
Dick Adams

That's good to know, Marge! =20

Actually, I was trying, in the first place, to make you aware
of my bread recipe, without seeming too chauvinistic about it.
It is a very good recipe, and well tested. It is in my first post

Let me know if you can find it. It is a page with some pictures,=20
but a link for the recipe is there, too. The link to the recipe is =
named
"Instructions". If it seems to hard to find, see if you can get some =
help=20
from old RIP.

---
DickA=20