Dick Adams

Default An image as requested.

"Ripmarge" > wrote in message=20

> A beautiful bread!! Is it a white San Francisco type? Are you sharing =

the
> recipe? If so where? And how do I get it?

If you are addressing the person who posted =
http://www.chefsoutlet.com/images/ebay/loaf2.jpg
I think he posted it as some kind of a joke, or to draw attention to his =
web site where he is
pandering kitchen stuff. It seems to me to be a picture of a picture, =
with some sesame seeds=20
added. =20

Now, I need to ask you, Marge, what is this RIP all about. Are you =
dead?. To me, RIP
is something for a gravestone, meaning Rest In Peace.

As far as recipes are concerned, there are a lot of them to be found, =
but they are all=20
pretty much the same: mix/knead a mixture of flour, water, salt, and =
leavener (sourdough
culture here), rise it, and bake it. The devil is in the details, as =
one might say. A good
place to start reading is at =
http://www.nyx.net/~dgreenw/sourdoughfaqs.html

Also, be sure to take a look at the Newcomer Tips which is linked from =
the bottom=20
of that page, and also the Sourdough Q&A. Normally a "Welcome Message"=20
appears at r.f.s. every five days, but I have not seen it for a while. =
It gives some=20
hints about how to start finding out about sourdough bread.

Another thing I should tell you, Marge, is that it is good to quote part =
of the message
that you are responding to. Normally, the newsreader does that =
automatically for the
WHOLE message, and then the problem is to delete all the irrelevant =
information.
Look at the top of this message: I have quoted enough of your message =
(which=20
happens to be all in this case), so that other people can figure out =
what I am talking
about.

There are two links in the above message which your newsreader should =
show underlined
and in color. I guess you know (but not everybody does) that if you =
place the cursor on
one of those, and click the left mouse button, another web page will =
come up. That is
also true in a way for the news:ID at the top of his message -- clicking =
on it will bring
your post back, at least as long as it remains on your news server.

Are we OK on this stuff now?

OK, Marge, Rest In Peace!

--=20
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname> at bigfoot dot com