Old 04-08-2008, 06:47 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

Default Business Group dinner recommendation in New Orleans French Quarter(in October)?

I am looking for as current set of recommendations for a group of 45
out of towners to have a 'perfect New Orleans dining experience'.
Cajun/Creole and the 'feel' of the french quarter. Doesn't have to be
fine china or too fancy at all. These guys are casual folks at the end
of a very long day.

Any recommendations would be great. Smaller buy-the-whole restaurant
would be fine too.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:09 PM posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Aug 4, 12:47 pm, Mark wrote:
I am looking for as current set of recommendations for a group of 45
out of towners to have a 'perfect New Orleans dining experience'.
Cajun/Creole and the 'feel' of the french quarter. Doesn't have to be
fine china or too fancy at all. These guys are casual folks at the end
of a very long day.

Any recommendations would be great. Smaller buy-the-whole restaurant
would be fine too.

Muriel's restaurant, right on Jackson Square. They have meeting rooms
upstairs that might be able to hold 45. CHeck their website and send
them a message. Perfect location

Napoleon House. Perfect atmosphere. Small bar and restaurant on main
floor, but also has meeting rooms upstairs (plannedto be Napoleon's
residence after/if he got rescued from exile. Never happened.

The famous Antoine's restaurant has a number of separate dining
areas. Pricey.

Deanie's - informal, brass & wood, not real atmosphere. But good
seafood and large enough place they could perhaps set up fpr a group
in one section of their place.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimL View Post
On Aug 4, 12:47 pm, Mark wrote:[color=blue][i]
I am looking for as current set of recommendations for a group of 45
out of towners to have a 'perfect New Orleans dining experience'.
Cajun/Creole and the 'feel' of the french quarter.
Mark,

For that many people, I'd try doing a search at New Orleans Wedding Sites Locations, Event Venues Spaces, LA
You get a lot of large group friendly restaurants, like Tujague's Restaurant in the French Quarter, with phone numbers. Hope that helps.
Old 24-08-2008, 12:35 AM posted to rec.food.restaurants

On Aug 12, 1:40 pm, melaniemills1
wrote:[color=blue][i]
JimL;1169231 Wrote:

Sites Locations, Event Venues Spaces, LA' (http://tinyurl.com/64xqv3)

--
melaniemills1

Also, go to tripadvisor.com, and search on new orleans. Thousands of
reports!
Then, nola.com, their newspaper, with their sub dir of restaurant
reviews.

French Quarter Coffee International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 01-01-2008 10:37 PM
New Orleans French Toast Jenifer Milton Recipes (moderated) 0 22-10-2007 03:48 PM
French Quarter Frittata Duckie Recipes 0 03-06-2006 03:08 PM
Recommendation for a french red 2002 "de garde" Christian Lehmann Wine 11 14-02-2005 11:01 AM
Food Processor Recommendation w/French Fry Cutter MC Cooking Equipment 14 31-10-2004 07:17 PM