FoodBanter.com

-   Restaurants (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/)
-   -   Business Group dinner recommendation in New Orleans French Quarter(in October)? (https://www.foodbanter.com/restaurants/159738-business-group-dinner-recommendation.html)

Mark[_19_] 04-08-2008 06:47 PM

Business Group dinner recommendation in New Orleans French Quarter(in October)?

I am looking for as current set of recommendations for a group of 45
out of towners to have a 'perfect New Orleans dining experience'.
Cajun/Creole and the 'feel' of the french quarter. Doesn't have to be
fine china or too fancy at all. These guys are casual folks at the end
of a very long day.

Any recommendations would be great. Smaller buy-the-whole restaurant
would be fine too.

JimL 09-08-2008 05:09 PM

On Aug 4, 12:47 pm, Mark > wrote:
> I am looking for as current set of recommendations for a group of 45
> out of towners to have a 'perfect New Orleans dining experience'.
> Cajun/Creole and the 'feel' of the french quarter. Doesn't have to be
> fine china or too fancy at all. These guys are casual folks at the end
> of a very long day.
>
> Any recommendations would be great. Smaller buy-the-whole restaurant
> would be fine too.

Muriel's restaurant, right on Jackson Square. They have meeting rooms
upstairs that might be able to hold 45. CHeck their website and send
them a message. Perfect location

Napoleon House. Perfect atmosphere. Small bar and restaurant on main
floor, but also has meeting rooms upstairs (plannedto be Napoleon's
residence after/if he got rescued from exile. Never happened.

The famous Antoine's restaurant has a number of separate dining
areas. Pricey.

Deanie's - informal, brass & wood, not real atmosphere. But good
seafood and large enough place they could perhaps set up fpr a group
in one section of their place.

melaniemills1 12-08-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimL (Post 1169231)
On Aug 4, 12:47 pm, Mark wrote:[color=blue][i]
I am looking for as current set of recommendations for a group of 45
out of towners to have a 'perfect New Orleans dining experience'.
Cajun/Creole and the 'feel' of the french quarter.

Mark,

For that many people, I'd try doing a search at New Orleans Wedding Sites Locations, Event Venues Spaces, LA
You get a lot of large group friendly restaurants, like Tujague's Restaurant in the French Quarter, with phone numbers. Hope that helps.

JimL 24-08-2008 12:35 AM

Business Group dinner recommendation in New Orleans FrenchQuarter(in October)?

On Aug 12, 1:40 pm, melaniemills1
> wrote:[color=blue][i]
> JimL;1169231 Wrote:
>
> > On Aug 4, 12:47 pm, Mark
> > wrote:
> > I am looking for as current set of recommendations for a group of 45
> > out of towners to have a 'perfect New Orleans dining experience'.
> > Cajun/Creole and the 'feel' of the french quarter.

> Mark,
>
> For that many people, I'd try doing a search at 'New Orleans Wedding
> Sites Locations, Event Venues Spaces, LA' (http://tinyurl.com/64xqv3)
> You get a lot of large group friendly restaurants, like Tujague's
> Restaurant in the French Quarter, with phone numbers. Hope that helps.
>
> --
> melaniemills1

Also, go to tripadvisor.com, and search on new orleans. Thousands of
reports!
Then, nola.com, their newspaper, with their sub dir of restaurant
reviews.