Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

7Hawks

Default Danny's Pinto Beans

* Exported from BigOven *

Danny's Pinto Beans

Recipe By anny Gaulden
Serving Size :1
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :*Beans Marinades
Appetizers Barbecue

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups dried pinto beans --soak overnite
3 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoon sugar
3 strips raw smoked bacon
salt pork
__ or __
1 smoked hog jowl
1/2 medium onion --sliced

If there's one thing I cook a lot of at the store, it's pinto beans.
We serve them with our BBQ dinners. I've tried to break the recipe
down into a "home" portion for you.

Tips: When ready to cook, don't add too much water to the
beans...this will dilute the wonderful flavor you are creating. Cover
beans with about 11/2 inches of water, and add to it as they cook, if
necessary. For a little zesty flavor, (I do this at home, but not at
the store), add a little chopped green chili to beans. A pinto bean
will sightly more than double in size when soaked....one cup of dried
beans will make 2 cups (one pint). Don't cook beans at too high a
fire. This will cause a hard rolling boil, and break up beans as they
begin to become tender. Do a nice easy boil. It takes about 3 to 4
hours to cook till fork tender at 3100 ft. elevation.

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

Pinto Beans Lou Decruss General Cooking 27 23-01-2012 08:49 PM
Pinto beans Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com General Cooking 13 08-02-2006 04:57 AM
Canning pinto beans Dwayne Preserving 4 06-01-2005 08:49 PM
Perky Pinto Beans Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 02-01-2005 01:30 PM
Canning pinto beans Dwayne Preserving 7 05-12-2004 10:49 PM