Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pinto Beans

When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
"doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
still taking beans out of the jar!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> still taking beans out of the jar!

has your wife been putting in more beans than you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" > wrote in
:

> "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
>> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar
>> every time we "did it" for the first year we were married.
>> Then the next year we took a bean out of the jar every time
>> we "did it" to see if we were "doing it" more or less. We've
>> been married thirty years now, I'm still taking beans out of
>> the jar!

> has your wife been putting in more beans than you?

I wonder why, if they concluded that they didn't "do it more" in
year two, does he continue to remove beans after thirty years?

Has he counted the beans to make sure it hasn't been tampered with?

So many important questions...so little time...

--

If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn’t
help the poor, either we’ve got to pretend that Jesus

Stephen Colbert (via videcormeum)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 19, 12:06*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> still taking beans out of the jar!

You're the first person I know who ever said they did the bean jar
experiment. I used to beg new brides to try it but they all just
laughed. They way I heard it, you'd never empty the jar in the second
year of marriage. Thirty years tho is really surprising.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> still taking beans out of the jar!

As you go along, you'll find:

Getting old is when the WRONG parts of your body get STIFF.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 19, 10:29*am, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Jan 19, 12:06*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
> > When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> > we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> > took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> > "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> > still taking beans out of the jar!

> You're the first person I know who ever said they did the bean jar
> experiment. *I used to beg new brides to try it but they all just
> laughed. *They way I heard it, you'd never empty the jar in the second
> year of marriage. * Thirty years tho is really surprising.

Brides? As in more than one? Just how many brides have you begged to?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 19, 9:06*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> still taking beans out of the jar!

Lou may have been married 30 years, but I first heard that joke 45
years ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:
> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
>> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
>> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
>> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
>> still taking beans out of the jar!

I first heard that one with nickels in the jar. Must have been 30+
years ago. I bet the first time it was ever told it was pebbles in a
woven basket because ceramics had not yet been invented. It's a story
as old as the institution of marriage, but it's a fictional story.

> You're the first person I know who ever said they did the bean jar
> experiment. I used to beg new brides to try it but they all just
> laughed. They way I heard it, you'd never empty the jar in the second
> year of marriage. Thirty years tho is really surprising.

I doubt he actually put beans in the jar or otherwise counted. It's a
joke. I know a fair number of men who if their marriage got that bad
they would get divorced. I know at least a couple friends who had it at
the top of their list of reasons justifying filing for divorce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jan 19, 9:06*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> still taking beans out of the jar!

I love pinto beans. Some people won't eat them because they are also
cattle food. We ate them because it was cheap eats, now I eat them
because I love them.

My favorite way to prepare pinto beans is this:

I don't soak them.
Put the beans, one onion - chopped small, ham hocks or ham ends and
pieces, a bit of salt and black pepper in a
large pot and bring to a boil. Turn down and simmer slowly and
gently until beans are quite soft but not falling apart, you
want plenty of good juice. But you want the juice to be barely
thickening. Remove the ham bones, dice or pull apart the ham and
add it back to the beans, more ham is even better.

Make some of my golden cornbread, split a peiece and butter it, top it
with a generous amount of the beans and ham, ladle some juice over and
top with chopped green onions and serve with a bit of chow chow on the
side. ( I make a hot pepper relish I like better than chow chow).

Deeelicious.

old time Southern goodness. Po folks food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 19, 11:06*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> still taking beans out of the jar!

How sad for you. Sure not like that around here. I wish all aspects
of my life were anywhere near that good.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 19, 3:18*pm, Doug Freyburger > wrote:
> Kalmia wrote:
> > Lou Decruss > wrote:

> >> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> >> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> >> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> >> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> >> still taking beans out of the jar!

> I first heard that one with nickels in the jar. *Must have been 30+
> years ago. *I bet the first time it was ever told it was pebbles in a
> woven basket because ceramics had not yet been invented. *It's a story
> as old as the institution of marriage, but it's a fictional story.
>
> > You're the first person I know who ever said they did the bean jar
> > experiment. *I used to beg new brides to try it but they all just
> > laughed. *They way I heard it, you'd never empty the jar in the second
> > year of marriage. * Thirty years tho is really surprising.

> I doubt he actually put beans in the jar or otherwise counted. *It's a
> joke. *I know a fair number of men who if their marriage got that bad
> they would get divorced. *I know at least a couple friends who had it at
> the top of their list of reasons justifying filing for divorce.

It would be my number one, two and three. It's a shame when there is
a mismatch between someone who loves lots of sex, and someone who does
not.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 19, 1:29*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Jan 19, 9:06*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
> > When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> > we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> > took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> > "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> > still taking beans out of the jar!

> I love pinto beans. * Some people won't eat them because they are also
> cattle food. *We ate them because it was cheap eats, now I eat them
> because I love them.
>
> My favorite way to prepare pinto beans is this:
>
> I don't soak them.
> Put the beans, *one onion - chopped small, ham hocks or ham ends and
> pieces, a bit of salt and black pepper in a
> large pot and bring to a boil. * Turn down and simmer slowly and
> gently until beans are quite soft but not falling apart, you
> want plenty of good juice. *But you want the juice to be barely
> thickening. * * Remove the ham bones, dice or pull apart the ham and
> add it back to the beans, more ham is even better.
>
> Make some of my golden cornbread, split a peiece and butter it, top it
> with a generous amount of the beans and ham, ladle some juice over and
> top with chopped green onions and serve with a bit of chow chow on the
> side. * *( I make a hot pepper relish I like better than chow chow).
>
> Deeelicious.
>
> old time Southern goodness. *Po folks food.

What time is dinner?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> still taking beans out of the jar!

My first plant manager in my first real job was from Chicago. I went to
work for him in early 1970. Before I got married in late 1970, he told
me what you just did. He even used beans but not 'pinto beans'. It's my
duty to confirm that this allegory is not only true but that it has been
updated.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:29:44 PM UTC-6, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Jan 19, 9:06*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> > When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
> > we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
> > took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
> > "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
> > still taking beans out of the jar!

> I love pinto beans. Some people won't eat them because they are also
> cattle food. We ate them because it was cheap eats, now I eat them
> because I love them.
>
> My favorite way to prepare pinto beans is this:
>
> I don't soak them.
> Put the beans, one onion - chopped small, ham hocks or ham ends and
> pieces, a bit of salt and black pepper in a
> large pot and bring to a boil. Turn down and simmer slowly and
> gently until beans are quite soft but not falling apart, you
> want plenty of good juice. But you want the juice to be barely
> thickening. Remove the ham bones, dice or pull apart the ham and
> add it back to the beans, more ham is even better.
>
> Make some of my golden cornbread, split a peiece and butter it, top it
> with a generous amount of the beans and ham, ladle some juice over and
> top with chopped green onions and serve with a bit of chow chow on the
> side. ( I make a hot pepper relish I like better than chow chow).
>
> Deeelicious.
>
> old time Southern goodness. Po folks food.

That's how Becca makes them. I like more meat in it so we make sure the ham bone is meaty. Last week we made the beans with a smoked turkey leg and that came out all right.

Becca also makes a Mexican version by adding some cumin,chili powder, diced tomatoes, peppers and other mysterious and secret ingredients. We've only been married 5 years so she doesn't trust me enough yet to give me the recipe. <vbg>

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:20:41 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
.. .
>> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
>> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
>> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
>> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
>> still taking beans out of the jar!

>has your wife been putting in more beans than you?

She puts them in a jar in her boss's office.

Lou <---not knowing how to spell bosses

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:21:15 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:31:00 -0600, Michel Boucher wrote:
>
>> "Pico Rico" > wrote in
>> :

>>> has your wife been putting in more beans than you?

>> I wonder why, if they concluded that they didn't "do it more" in
>> year two, does he continue to remove beans after thirty years?
>>
>> Has he counted the beans to make sure it hasn't been tampered with?
>>
>> So many important questions...so little time...

>I don't he's serious.

Ya think?

>Unless he posted this to several other forums a
>few years ago.

I was looking for pinto bean info and stumbled on it. At least it's
more on topic than google groups, movies, music, or cats.

Now I'm off to put 13 cups of old beans and the cat in the pressure
cooker. It should taste like chicken.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:29:19 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

>On Jan 19, 12:06*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
>> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
>> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
>> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
>> still taking beans out of the jar!

>You're the first person I know who ever said they did the bean jar
>experiment. I used to beg new brides to try it but they all just
>laughed. They way I heard it, you'd never empty the jar in the second
>year of marriage. Thirty years tho is really surprising.

It's really not a jar. It's a five gallon water bottle. It's still
half full.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:39:49 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
.. .
>> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
>> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
>> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
>> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
>> still taking beans out of the jar!

>As you go along, you'll find:
>
>Getting old is when the WRONG parts of your body get STIFF.

I'm 54 and sex is too much like work. I got plenty when I was young.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:26:20 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

>On Jan 19, 9:06*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
>> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
>> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
>> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
>> still taking beans out of the jar!

>Lou may have been married 30 years, but I first heard that joke 45
>years ago.

You're really old though.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:18:14 +0000 (UTC), Doug Freyburger
> wrote:

>Kalmia wrote:
>> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>>
>>> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
>>> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
>>> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
>>> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
>>> still taking beans out of the jar!

>I first heard that one with nickels in the jar. Must have been 30+
>years ago. I bet the first time it was ever told it was pebbles in a
>woven basket because ceramics had not yet been invented. It's a story
>as old as the institution of marriage, but it's a fictional story.

Yep. It's an old freekin joke.

>> You're the first person I know who ever said they did the bean jar
>> experiment. I used to beg new brides to try it but they all just
>> laughed. They way I heard it, you'd never empty the jar in the second
>> year of marriage. Thirty years tho is really surprising.

>I doubt he actually put beans in the jar or otherwise counted. It's a
>joke. I know a fair number of men who if their marriage got that bad
>they would get divorced. I know at least a couple friends who had it at
>the top of their list of reasons justifying filing for divorce.

I know a few like that too. One was a dink couple who pushed 300k a
year. (15 years ago) When they met he made three times what she made
but she rose up the ladder and was making more than him. Along the
way she lost interest in sex and he got bored and left. They had what
most of us can only dream of but it wasn't enough for his willie.

Another friend used sex as a weapon and we're close enough I told her
15 years ago she was wrong. Her husband left a year ago and she was
shocked!

Right or wrong sex makes people do things. Sometimes not in their
best interest.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:43:23 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

>On Jan 19, 11:06*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
>> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
>> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
>> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
>> still taking beans out of the jar!

>How sad for you. Sure not like that around here. I wish all aspects
>of my life were anywhere near that good.

It was a joke. And an old one.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:47:46 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

>On Jan 19, 3:18*pm, Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>> Kalmia wrote:

>> I first heard that one with nickels in the jar. *Must have been 30+
>> years ago. *I bet the first time it was ever told it was pebbles in a
>> woven basket because ceramics had not yet been invented. *It's a story
>> as old as the institution of marriage, but it's a fictional story.
>>
>> > You're the first person I know who ever said they did the bean jar
>> > experiment. *I used to beg new brides to try it but they all just
>> > laughed. *They way I heard it, you'd never empty the jar in the second
>> > year of marriage. * Thirty years tho is really surprising.

>> I doubt he actually put beans in the jar or otherwise counted. *It's a
>> joke. *I know a fair number of men who if their marriage got that bad
>> they would get divorced. *I know at least a couple friends who had it at
>> the top of their list of reasons justifying filing for divorce.

>It would be my number one, two and three. It's a shame when there is
>a mismatch between someone who loves lots of sex, and someone who does
>not.

Yeah, a mismatch isn't a good thing.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:36:57 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> When my wife and I got married we put a pinto bean in a jar every time
>> we "did it" for the first year we were married. Then the next year we
>> took a bean out of the jar every time we "did it" to see if we were
>> "doing it" more or less. We've been married thirty years now, I'm
>> still taking beans out of the jar!

>My first plant manager in my first real job was from Chicago. I went to
>work for him in early 1970. Before I got married in late 1970, he told
>me what you just did. He even used beans but not 'pinto beans'. It's my
>duty to confirm that this allegory is not only true but that it has been
>updated.

As time goes on it becomes less impotent.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:

> It's really not a jar. It's a five gallon water bottle. It's still
> half full.

"half full" you're an optimist!@ :-D

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:

> I'm 54 and sex is too much like work. I got plenty when I was young.

LMAO! I'm 58 now and long divorced. No girlfriend right now either and I'm
not sure I want one.

Joke that kind of fits my personality now:
A programmer was crossing a road one day when a frog called
out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a
beautiful princess."

He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket. The
frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back
into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week."

The programmer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it
and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried out, "If
you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with
you and do ANYTHING you want."

Again the programmer took the frog out, smiled at it and put
it back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you
I'm a beautiful princess that I'll stay with you for a week
and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The programmer said, "Look I'm a programmer. I don't have time
for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool."

;-O

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>>I doubt he actually put beans in the jar or otherwise counted. It's a
>>joke. I know a fair number of men who if their marriage got that bad
>>they would get divorced. I know at least a couple friends who had it at
>>the top of their list of reasons justifying filing for divorce.

> Another friend used sex as a weapon and we're close enough I told her
> 15 years ago she was wrong. Her husband left a year ago and she was
> shocked!

For legal reasons he should have left before their tenth anniversary.
Divorce rules change at that point so he went from not getting screwed
by his wife to getting screwed by the courts.

Ham REC - Drunk Pinto Beans Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] General Cooking 0 02-03-2009 04:46 AM
Pinto beans Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com General Cooking 13 08-02-2006 05:57 AM
New Mexico Pinto Beans Marty Norton Recipes (moderated) 0 26-04-2005 03:35 AM
Canning pinto beans Dwayne Preserving 4 06-01-2005 09:49 PM
Perky Pinto Beans Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 02-01-2005 02:30 PM