Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default How to fry the chicken? Boil before??

Hello,
anyone knows if before to fry the chicken, it's better to boil it?
I've found this recipe, it seems a very good recipe (also easy, that's
important for me :-) ), but it seems that the chicken is directly
fried and not boiled before

http://www.best-recipies.com/chicken-recipies/

Anyone know it? I would appreciate an answer, thank you

Peter

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gittana09 View Post
anyone knows if before to fry the chicken, it's better to boil it?
I've found this recipe, it seems a very good recipe (also easy, that's
important for me :-) ), but it seems that the chicken is directly
fried and not boiled before
No. Do not boil chicken before frying. Real bad idea.
Experienced Member

You can fry the chicken first before boiling, but the thing is that taste will be different as compare to normal chicken fry. If you have not boiled first, then you can fry it at high temperature (180șC-190șC) to get a crust, but you need to fry during the last 20 minute.
Experienced Member

Location: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter[_30_] View Post
Hello,
anyone knows if before to fry the chicken, it's better to boil it?
I've found this recipe, it seems a very good recipe (also easy, that's
important for me :-) ), but it seems that the chicken is directly
fried and not boiled before

Chicken Recipies

Anyone know it? I would appreciate an answer, thank you

Peter

I don't boil them before frying.