Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Troy

Default Simple Southern Fried Chicken

Hello,
My name is JT and I am new to this newsgroup, and really I enjoy many
of the recipes that I find in this newsgroup. Throughout all of my
travels I've found a quick and easy way to prepare and fry great
tasting southern style fried chicken using this recipe....

Simple Southern Fried Chicken

1 frying chicken, skin removed if you want lower fat. I leave the skin on.
3 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup vegetable oil

Lightly season chicken with all seasoning
Roll chicken in flour until covered. Shake off excess flour.
Sprinkle additional seasoning.
Simply fry chicken in frying pan until golden brown. I like it
crispy so I cook it a little longer than most.
You can start out with the oil very hot and then reduce it later. This
seals in the moisture and flavor, then cooks it.

Free eCookbooks and recipe database,
http://coogsfinest.com

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: