Judith Cook

Default Vinegar

I have been cooking and canning for years...This may sound like a stupid
question but I just started thinking....Does vinegar ever go bad?
I have 2 gallons of vinegar left over from last years canning and noticed
the expiration date...(Jan 04) I was wondering if vinegar goes bad or maybe
just loses its strength...I would think it would get stronger...
I hate to just dump it down the drain!

Judith

George Shirley

I just went and looked. I bought a big batch of white vinegar four years
ago and still have a couple of gallons left, expired a while back.
Smells and tastes like okay vinegar to me. I don't think the stuff can
really expire unless it all evaporates away. The expiration date is
probably the manufacturers CYA as advised by corporate shysters.

George

Vinegar gus Mexican Cooking 0 14-05-2011 01:22 PM
5% vinegar George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 14 07-03-2011 04:09 AM
Vinegar The Joneses General Cooking 41 02-07-2004 08:52 AM
Vinegar The Joneses Preserving 32 02-07-2004 08:52 AM
Rice Vinegar and Rice Wine Vinegar are the same thing Nancree General Cooking 11 13-04-2004 12:17 PM