scyld

Default Chef's knife question

Sorry I deprived the other NGs of your brilliance.
FYI this has been crossposted just for you, in thanks;
at least you answered the frickin question I asked.

But, just to **** you off, I am top posting. I know you
hate that. If I posted a binary would you have a ****in
heart attack and go away?

The reason *this* idiot posted the same question in
different NGs is because I didn't think all the world's
wisdom was contained in just one NG (what was I
thinking? 8-O). I hate the bandwidth crossposting
takes up. But, since my not doing so hurt your little
feelings, here ya go.

Oh, BTW your answer was true art:
>My 10" Henckels 4-star weighs about 12oz's (less if I wipe off the
>mayo).

Thanks for answering my question, but in future please
just plonk me.

pah

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:43:36 -0500, Aubrey
> > wrote:
>
> >You never asked for a second opinion?

> That deserves a nice solid "Duh". Posting to one group provides
> multiple opinions. That is, unless only one person reads the
> newsgroup.
>
> Sending out the same message to several groups individually is
> irritating. In this case crossposting should be appropriate.
>
> It's also irritating when you answer in one group, and then see
> the same question in another group where other readers will not
> have the benefit of seeing your reply.
>
> It's a common courtesy. Kinda like bottom-posting
> <cough-moron-cough>.
>
> -sw

Matthew L. Martin

scyld wrote:

> Sorry I deprived the other NGs of your brilliance.
> FYI this has been crossposted just for you, in thanks;
> at least you answered the frickin question I asked.
>
> But, just to **** you off, I am top posting. I know you
> hate that. If I posted a binary would you have a ****in
> heart attack and go away?
>
> The reason *this* idiot posted the same question in
> different NGs is because I didn't think all the world's
> wisdom was contained in just one NG (what was I
> thinking? 8-O). I hate the bandwidth crossposting
> takes up.

If you weren't a self centered dork, you might know that cross posting
takes _less_ bandwidth than identical post to multiple ngs.

Matthew

scyld

<plonk>
"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
s.com...
> scyld wrote:
>
> > Sorry I deprived the other NGs of your brilliance.
> > FYI this has been crossposted just for you, in thanks;
> > at least you answered the frickin question I asked.
> >
> > But, just to **** you off, I am top posting. I know you
> > hate that. If I posted a binary would you have a ****in
> > heart attack and go away?
> >
> > The reason *this* idiot posted the same question in
> > different NGs is because I didn't think all the world's
> > wisdom was contained in just one NG (what was I
> > thinking? 8-O). I hate the bandwidth crossposting
> > takes up.

> If you weren't a self centered dork, you might know that cross posting
> takes _less_ bandwidth than identical post to multiple ngs.
>
> Matthew

scyld

If you weren't such an idiot, you might wonder,
what business is this of yours? Who was
talking to you anyway? But no, that would never
cross your err.. mind.

phht... dweeb
<plonk> now for real

> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> > scyld wrote:
> > If you weren't a self centered dork, you might know that cross posting
> > takes _less_ bandwidth than identical post to multiple ngs.
> >
> > Matthew

Ken Anderson

"scyld" > wrote in message
. com...
> If you weren't such an idiot, you might wonder,
> what business is this of yours? Who was
> talking to you anyway? But no, that would never
> cross your err.. mind.

You folks that think ng postings are some sort of personal correspondence
crack me up!

Lou W

"Ken Anderson" > wrote in message
> "scyld" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > If you weren't such an idiot, you might wonder,
> > what business is this of yours? Who was
> > talking to you anyway? But no, that would never
> > cross your err.. mind.
> >

> You folks that think ng postings are some sort of personal correspondence
> crack me up!

In addition it is nice to remember that these ****ing matches are
archived on severs for god knows how long. Kinda like a Usenet history of
assholes for all to search and see. All it takes is a easy search of a
screen name/email addy.

Do I need a 10" chef's knife? notbob General Cooking 122 25-07-2010 11:31 PM
chef's knife elaine General Cooking 6 20-11-2004 06:43 AM
Chef's knife question scyld General Cooking 40 26-03-2004 04:16 PM
Chef's knife question scyld Cooking Equipment 5 15-03-2004 04:00 PM
Chef's knife question scyld Barbecue 26 15-03-2004 04:00 PM