George Shirley

Default Hot sauce

Bottled 140 ounces of the red and 80 ounces of the yellow hot sauce
today. Made some room on the countertop to do something else now. The
red will make your nose run but has a good flavor. The yellow burns at
the back of the throat a bit but has excellent flavor.

The red hot sauce was made from a variety of chiles that ripen red while
the yellow was made solely from ripe Aji Limon de Peru chiles that ripen
a chrome yellow. Good eats in the bottle now.

George

archivestuff

Way to go George! I have some chili peppers from a friend's garden that I
want to bottle in to hot sauce. My question is, do I have to process the
bottles like I do with jam? Can I just leave it out in the pantry [not in
fridge?].

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
. ..
> Bottled 140 ounces of the red and 80 ounces of the yellow hot sauce
> today. Made some room on the countertop to do something else now. The
> red will make your nose run but has a good flavor. The yellow burns at
> the back of the throat a bit but has excellent flavor.
>
> The red hot sauce was made from a variety of chiles that ripen red while
> the yellow was made solely from ripe Aji Limon de Peru chiles that ripen
> a chrome yellow. Good eats in the bottle now.
>
> George

George Shirley

Since my hot sauce is 40% by volume 5% USP vinegar I don't process it at
all. I've some on the shelf that is two years old and other than a bit
of oxidation at the neck it's fine. If I just had a small oak wine
barrel, say two gallon size, I could probably age it considerably
better. <VBG>

George